Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Well after taking a year off, it seems like the right time to jump back into this. So saddle up and mash the "Reply" button because it is officially AVATAR REQUESTING TIME.

For those of you unfamiliar with my work, here are some samples:

Right about the time I stopped doing these two years ago, I was working on this behemoth:

Which I'm pretty much never going to finish, especially now that it's two years out of date. *sad trombone*

Anyways, I'm taking requests. I'm going to give preference to great suggestions, and Superhero and Videogame-themed requests, since they tend to be the most fun to work on and almost always turn out great. Also Ravens, Cowboys, and Texans fans, and anyone who has never had an avatar done by me (speak up!). I'll try to go in roughly a first-come, first-serve order, but if your avatar idea is dumb I may ask you to take a second crack at it.

Some Basic Request Guidelines
Please adhere to the following if you want to get an avatar.

- Only Request an Avatar if you are going to buy it. These take too long and too many people want them to waste time doing avatars that aren't going to be bought.

- One player per Avatar. Ok, maybe two if there's a good reason. It's hard to fit detail into these, and it takes more time to do bigger pieces. As cool as it would be to see "the entire team bus of the New York Jets with Rex Ryan on top eating a giant hoagie while it runs over the Patriots' offensive line in the middle of Met Life Stadium," that's going to take forever and look terrible as a 125x125 avatar.

- If you have a really, really cool idea that can make 2-3 avatars and other people are interested in the 2nd and 3rd avatars, then maybe I can do that one.

- One Per Person. You only get one per year (if you're lucky).

- If you are looking for old avatars, they're on my site: http://www.electrobertjones.com/content.php?sec=proj&dir=sas

Also, I occasionally do commissioned pieces upon request. PM me and we can work out the details. I tend to prioritize thread requests over the commissions, i.e. most won't get done until I've stopped doing thread requests.

Ok, with all that said, get to requesting!

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.
Eddie Lacy as the Juggernaut, because every running back besides Brandon Jacobs should be him. :v: Barring that, Eddie Lacy trucking someone would be perfect.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

superaielman posted:

Eddie Lacy as the Juggernaut, because every running back besides Brandon Jacobs should be him. :v:

God I hate you so loving much.

This is why we can't have nice things.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
DJ Fluker as the Blob

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

You can't harm me. Are you a fucking ass? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am.
Yeah feel free to skip me after that one, but I couldn't help it. Any one of Eddie Lacy smashing scrubs would be good, because Lacy rules (And because I'll be getting a fail mary avatar if he isn't good)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Just want to thank Chir for my current avatar

Dunefar
Nov 20, 2003

Killer.
These are awesome. I don't have anything to request, just wanted to thank you for going to the effort.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I used to have a Chiratar, it was pretty rad (and will probably make a comeback if the Dolphins continue to lose)

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
Was a long time lurker on SAS and was a big fan of your work. Glad to see you doodling again. I don't have a request now, but maybe by the end of the season

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I don't recall seeing this one.

quote:

You really should finish this, or even better, make an effort to make it very obviously unfinished, like http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/Treaty_of_Paris_by_Benjamin_West_1783.jpg

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
If you could please draw Walter Thurmond in this suit.

However I would love it if you would make him more emo or heavy metal, artist's choice. I was thinking ridiculous KISS face with spikes, or just outrageous make up.

Splat
Aug 22, 2002
Giovani Bernard / AJ Green / Geno Atkins as the 3 main characters in GTAV ala http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18apaie1o5bi8jpg/original.jpg, but checking out Gio's minivan instead. Maybe this is too complex to fit in an avatar though :-/

e:Woops, missed the 1 player thing, ignore me I can't read :(

Splat fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 23, 2013

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Still loving it, after 2 and a half years, best thing ever :swoon:

Seriously, thank you :)

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Jared Allen at the end of his sack dance with Aaron Rodgers hog tied behind him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DangerKat posted:

Jared Allen at the end of his sack dance with Aaron Rodgers hog tied behind him.

Skip mine, do this.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

DangerKat posted:

This really owns and I'd love to see it.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
JJ Watt as Sonic the Hedgehog doing the finger wag.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah I don't remember Akuma Monroe either... looks great though.

e: Duh, I just noticed the 2013 in the bottom right corner. Of course we haven't seen it before.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh fighting each other with wizard staffs like the Gandalf/Sarumon fight in LOTR.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I should bring Phoenix Suh Wright back, this Christmas avatar is so outdated it's about to wrap around and become relevant again :v:

I'll throw out Joseph Faiura doing a TD dance with a DDR (or other rhythm game) interface over it as a freebie to any Lions fans without an av (i.e. don't actually do it unless someone else claims this)

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Oct 23, 2013

Mughe
Mar 17, 2007

I'll tolerate you until I can replace you.
I would suggest Troy Polamalu as Doc Brown from back to the future.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

superaielman posted:

Yeah feel free to skip me after that one, but I couldn't help it. Any one of Eddie Lacy smashing scrubs would be good, because Lacy rules (And because I'll be getting a fail mary avatar if he isn't good)

Too late now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joe Flacco holding a football staring angrily at a laughing raven (which is Kawalimus) standing on top of footballs in a football bin, all in the cartoon style of this image from Steamboat Willie.

DangerKat posted:

This deserves top priority.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

TheChirurgeon posted:

Too late now.

:stare:

Holy poo poo.

It's beautiful

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

Fenrir posted:

:stare:

Holy poo poo.

It's beautiful

Seconding. Thanks as always for this, Chir. :) Just need to figure out the text.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

superaielman posted:

Seconding. Thanks as always for this, Chir. :) Just need to figure out the text.

There must be a cheese pun.

edit

You cheddar watch out or you're gouda get crushed.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 23, 2013

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
RG3 smiling as The Corinthian (from Sandman) please.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

A.o.D. posted:

I did that one for Monroe after he was traded to the Ravens. I had originally done one for him with him pulling open his jersey Superman-style to reveal the Ravens one underneath, and then he requested the Akuma piece (through Munkaboo, per usual).

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Supreme Allah posted:

RG3 smiling as The Corinthian (from Sandman) please.

NO

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

superaielman posted:

"You can't harm me. Are you a loving rear end? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am."

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Declan MacManus posted:

"You can't harm me. Are you a loving rear end? Do you not know who I am? He must not know who I am."

Especially fitting after Merriweather tried to headshot him and knocked himself out instead.

If that was anyone but Merriweather I may actually feel bad, but that headhunting piece of poo poo got what he deserved (and still delivered at least 2 headshots the very next game)

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

I was going to quote three six mafia, but that works.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Fenrir posted:

Especially fitting after Merriweather tried to headshot him and knocked himself out instead.

If that was anyone but Merriweather I may actually feel bad, but that headhunting piece of poo poo got what he deserved (and still delivered at least 2 headshots the very next game)

Wrong Packer, Lacy went down.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

Wrong Packer, Lacy went down.

Oh gently caress, duh, that's right. Maybe Starks should be the Juggernaut :v:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I'd like to request Andy Dalton as James Bond in honor of that gif

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

C-Euro posted:

I'll throw out Joseph Fauria doing a TD dance with a DDR (or other rhythm game) interface over it as a freebie to any Lions fans without an av (i.e. don't actually do it unless someone else claims this)

[slowly raises hand]

superaielman
Mar 16, 2006

Fenrir posted:

Oh gently caress, duh, that's right. Maybe Starks should be the Juggernaut :v:

:mad:

Also the new avatar rules. It is glorious.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
EDIT: ^^^That owns

JJ Watt in a three-point stance performing Blanka Electricity, please. :shobon:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

superaielman posted:

:mad:

Also the new avatar rules. It is glorious.

Holy poo poo that owns

• Locked thread