Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW

Roger Explosion posted:

Ah. I see I can put that Sentry Quad-Pumpkins spell on my Gunslinger. :downs:

I can't use my engineer voice changer spell with any of my engineer hats :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Same goes for me and my demoman one.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Pickle dicker posted:

all those festive stranges :negative:

The site will only display the most-expensive version of a weapon/hat, but even if you only have a Unique version of it, it'll get taken off the list on the site.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Laputanmachine posted:

The presents drop in "first come, first serve" basis on 2011 so be warned.

They changed this retroactively, all presents are now just for you when it's your turn.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

IronicDongz posted:

Why aren't there Spooky weapon reskins alongside Festive ones, gaben

What would a spooky weapon look like? Covered in cobwebs?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

fires bats out of it

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Peanut President posted:

What would a spooky weapon look like? Covered in cobwebs?

Like you dropped your weapon in to a Halloween decorations store.

Little plastic bats with strings, skull stickers, the "aim" thingy on the Pipe Launcher turning in to a tombstone...

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Otacon posted:

fires bats out of it

What if it fires candy?

edit: Australium weapons can fire 100 Grands.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Peanut President posted:

What if it fires candy?

edit: Australium weapons can fire 100 Grands.

This server's giving out full bars! FULL BARS!! :woop:

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
Any one recommend a decent server to get the Merasmus achievements/hat on?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
There usually has been a goon hosted server with god mode enabled so that people can grind the cheevos easily. Don't know if that's happening this year.

I really hope Valve would nerf Merasmus a bit. Horseless Headless Horsemann and Monoculus are pretty easy to defeat even if there are a couple of players giving zero fucks, but holy gently caress parade is Merasmus hard. You really have to have the whole server solely focusing on him, preferably as many huntsman snipers as possible. You can still gently caress it up if you get extremely unlucky during the prop hunt phases and yes there are two of them.

It's just too much. Sure, the prize is probably the shittiest halloween hat, but still.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Update! :toot:

quote:

- Updated Halloween Spells to be tradable
- Fixed not being able to apply Halloween Spells to cosmetic items
- Enabled the crafting recipe for the Pile Of Curses
- Fixed players auto-switching to the Spellbook
- Fixed the Spell HUD overlapping with the Killstreak HUD
- Fixed the Wheel of Fate HUD overlapping with the Killstreak HUD

I guess that the decreased gift drop rate is intentional. How stupid.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Otacon posted:

For a long long time, I've had a website that works similarly to backpack.tf (no where near as good looking though) but it displays TF2 items you DON'T have. I used it when I was heavily into TF2 trading and trying to collect all of the hats in the game, before they added the most recent 150 hats and completely shattered my expectations.

I "finished" adding all the features I wanted to, and in some sort of pseudo "might as well release it!" I figured I would bring it up here.

If you're interested in seeing if you've got all the weapons, all the hats, or all the Halloween pieces, you might find this useful.

The site is https://www.missing.tf

I predict I will be using it to keep track of all the new Halloween costumes when they drop, and figured maybe one or two of you might want to as well.

the website posted:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/your name/missing.tf/index.php on line 87

I guess this is because the site's getting a lot more traffic than usual, but you probably want to change the error messages to not tell the internet your real name.

Also, it would be nice if there was an "All Non-Reskin Weapons" section instead of the non-botkiller section at the top, but that's not really a huge deal.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
tf2items does this missing items things as well, just click on checklist.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I guess this is because the site's getting a lot more traffic than usual, but you probably want to change the error messages to not tell the internet your real name.

Also, it would be nice if there was an "All Non-Reskin Weapons" section instead of the non-botkiller section at the top, but that's not really a huge deal.

Thanks, not really that big of a problem, but the site definitely is able to throw up some frequent errors.

I can probably do the non-reskins thing. Sounds like a good idea.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

tf2items does this missing items things as well, just click on checklist.

Yeah, there was also a site called tf2ls that did it too - but I wanted something a little easier to manage.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

General questions:

"The Original" - not a reskin, correct?

What about the Rainblower? Does having a killtaunt turn this into another weapon?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Otacon posted:

If you're interested in seeing if you've got all the weapons, all the hats, or all the Halloween pieces, you might find this useful.

The site is https://www.missing.tf
Err.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/Xander77
Checklist.

e;fb.
Is there a way to filter servers that auto-control you character after you're afk for a while? I had a bit of success idling on one such Helltower server (blundered into a few gifts over the night), but now I want to try doing the same on Lakeside.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 23, 2014

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Back when I was trying getting started and trying to collect all the regular items I preferred missing.tf. Tf2items checklist is hard to read and lumps together stuff I don't care about.

So good job on missing.tf. Adding more filters would be nice too.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Otacon posted:

General questions:

"The Original" - not a reskin, correct?

Correct, the rockets originate from the center, rather than from the right. This makes it harder to shoot around corners to your right and easier to shoot around corners to your left.

quote:

What about the Rainblower? Does having a killtaunt turn this into another weapon?

I would say so.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Your suggested feature was added. Thanks for the idea, hope it helps.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
They really should change it so that on Halloween maps when the Boss enemies come out that people can't kill each other, jackasses keep ruining things for me when trying to kill bosses

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

drrockso20 posted:

They really should change it so that on Halloween maps when the Boss enemies come out that people can't kill each other, jackasses keep ruining things for me when trying to kill bosses
jackasses keep trying to play coop in my tdm

FWD. FWD. FWD. RE.
Jul 16, 2008

Idiots keep standing right next to Merasmus when he is stunned, then throw a fit when they die from the inevitable splash damage directed to that area.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

drrockso20 posted:

My favorite time of year is back :twisted:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

drrockso20 posted:

I've been on some maps where they do this, for both during the boss appearances and also during the end of some levels where you have to run up some hill in the underworld to collect a prize/achievement.

FishMist
Apr 24, 2005

*sniff sniff*

Magypsy posted:

I guess that the decreased gift drop rate is intentional. How stupid.
I noticed this playing last night, only got 1 gift during about 2 hours of play. Anyone know what the new rate is?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

oddium posted:

My favorite time of year is back :twisted:

Hell yeah! :twisted:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

FishMist posted:

I noticed this playing last night, only got 1 gift during about 2 hours of play. Anyone know what the new rate is?

One drop every 3 hours. The timer persists through all the different maps - you won't be able to get ANY map's drop until >3 hours after your previous.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Does anyone know if you can have multiple footprint spells active at the same time? I want to leave a solid ribbon of color and play scout-tron.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

when you craft a cursed pile of ashes, do you only get halloween cosmetics out of it? I just want spells that apply to weapons.

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW

Otacon posted:

One drop every 3 hours. The timer persists through all the different maps - you won't be able to get ANY map's drop until >3 hours after your previous.

It looks like you don't even need to be playing TF2 for those 3 hours. I have 5 old idle accounts I'm now using to get gifts, which involves just logging on and joining a halloween map, grabbing the gift that appears, then changing to the next account.
I know it's all mostly worthless poo poo, but it's free mostly worthless poo poo :downs:

FishMist
Apr 24, 2005

*sniff sniff*

Pickle dicker posted:

It looks like you don't even need to be playing TF2 for those 3 hours. I have 5 old idle accounts I'm now using to get gifts, which involves just logging on and joining a halloween map, grabbing the gift that appears, then changing to the next account.
I know it's all mostly worthless poo poo, but it's free mostly worthless poo poo :downs:

those gifts will be untradable and forever stuck on your idling accounts, won't they?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FishMist posted:

those gifts will be untradable and forever stuck on your idling accounts, won't they?

The 2013 stuff is untradeable, but the items from 2012 and 2011 can be traded just fine.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Wait, does that mean it's completely impossible to trade for a Haunted Hat?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ditocoaf posted:

Wait, does that mean it's completely impossible to trade for a Haunted Hat?

It's not completely impossible. Items bought from the store are tradeable and have the "haunted" quality. So you can trade for a Haunted Haunted Hat.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Laputanmachine posted:

If you're looking for trading fodder, avoid 2013 (helltower) At least last year that stuff was untradable for some stupid reason. I think 2012 (Lakeside with Merasmus and Wheel of Fortune) has the best drops for trading. Lots of miscs, spell effects are cool and there are some sweet sets, fairy heavy being one of the best. 2011 had a smaller drop pool, but there are some good costume sets there too. The presents drop in "first come, first serve" basis on 2011 so be warned.
Hmm. I'm seeing a lot of "automatic gift teleport" servers, so I'm assuming the value of 2011/2012 stuff is going to drop?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's not completely impossible. Items bought from the store are tradeable and have the "haunted" quality. So you can trade for a Haunted Haunted Hat.
Don't you get the occasional haunted item from regular drops?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Xander77 posted:

Hmm. I'm seeing a lot of "automatic gift teleport" servers, so I'm assuming the value of 2011/2012 stuff is going to drop?
I don't really think so honestly. Getting to them was always pretty trivial.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Xander77 posted:

Don't you get the occasional haunted item from regular drops?

Only from the Monoculus map. And it's random now. You got them from crates in the last two years.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Dr. Fetus posted:

Only from the Monoculus map. And it's random now. You got them from crates in the last two years.

To elaborate, if the halloween present appears in the underworld (the place where you go to if you jump into Monoculus teleport while he's alive), those presents always contain haunted quality costume pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Monoculus is a complete son of a bitch compared to the wizard boss. he teleports somewhere else whenever you get a good shot on him, kills in one hit and doesnt seem to have a kryptonite like the huntsman on the wizard. Itll be worth it once I get the achievement & can freely annoy the poo poo out of everyone that hasnt killed him yet though :twisted:

• Locked thread