Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Thank God there are a million QB prospects this year. Hopefully we ca trade up for Boyd or Carr will fall to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Browns, Niners, and Jags each have at least ten picks for the '14 draft. Gonna be fun as hell

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Derek Carr has a kid already? drat that's Missouri as hell get him on the Chiefs

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

bhsman posted:

I'd rather trade down than spend TRIGGER WARNING, CHIEFS FANS: a top five pick on a right tackle when you can find one later in the draft.

Yeah, yeah you would.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Volkerball posted:

I'm all for the hippy names. Eagerly await star QB Moonbeam Supertramp.

Please don't post my personal information like that.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

If "character concerns" are getting drunk, partying, and telling the NCAA to gently caress off then that's the type of character concern I can be down with.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Hey a mock that say the Chiefs aren't drafting a tackle again sweet awesome whoa

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

It mostly happens because people who make mock drafts don't watch Chiefs games unless they are in primetime.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

excidium posted:

I wouldn't even say that. If the defense were to come back on in the playoffs and the offense continues to put up points there's no reason we can't make a run in the playoffs. They have shown they can do really well in all 3 phases, it's just putting it together and getting all 3 going at the same time when it matters.

So according to the Chig if we're looking at ~$124M next year the Chiefs are already at $121M before the next rookie class. That really doesn't leave much room for anything in FA like Maclin. Dunta Robinson would be good for $3.3M in cap space. I don't honestly believe they will cut Avery after one year when we really have very few other options, but we'll see. Other than that, some of the only cap savings looks like extending Alex Smith (trigger warning for Parm) or extending Eric Berry (if that's possible - he was a pre-new CBA contract and will be going into year 4 of 5).

yeah you just activated my PTSD with that THANKS EXCIDIUM

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

So they're just gonna let Cutler go then? Accept your fate in Cleveland, Jay.

e: or Oakland if Al Davis was still alive

Long bombs to Josh Gordon constitutes a pretty good fate, I'd say.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Chiefs fans would have been excited to get Schaub too (at the time, probably not Schaub now), your team is a mess but goddamn Brady Quinn and Matt Cassel. Parmesan Basil isn't as alone as he should be amongst some fans in still wanting Geno Smith even after seeing what he's done.

I just feel sorry for the kid at this point.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Lots of quality QB names on that list

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Chiefs need a QB, of course, but if we can't pull that off, getting a top-flight TE to make Smith look better would be sweet.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Every time I see this my stomach churns. Check your backne, son.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

There's also Sean McGrath who has a cool beard.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Also, what's the order now? Packers, Eagles, Chiefs and Bengals, right?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

excidium posted:

I wonder how much that's going to cost.

My soul.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Intruder posted:

The Titans have had a lot of success with guys who like to make it rain

So they should draft Storm Johnson?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Febreeze posted:

Seriously the Rams should trade their pick to the Redskins for 2 firsts and a 2nd

and the cycle continues

The sign of a good GM is how many picks they can fleece from idiot teams.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

excidium posted:

Eesh, if Kony Ealy is available at #23 I would take a good hard look at him as a replacement to Tamba Hali. Hali could be cut for 5.5mil in cap savings, or hopefully traded to get some valuable return. I would hate to lose Hali but he's one of those bigger contracts that might have to bite the bullet here soon since we're looking fairly tight against the cap.

WR is pretty deep this year anyway. If we can get a good FA then there's no reason to draft one in the first. Clinton-Dix should be the main target but he won't fall and we don't have much ammo to trade up with, so it'll probably end up being a DE like Early or Tuitt.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Azhais posted:

If you're really gung-ho about your mock drafting and want to win a championship ring for being good at it, keep an eye on ourlads.com

http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft-challenge/

They don't have the 2014 challenge up yet, but you can see the 2013 pile of mocks.

I did this last year and I got at least nine picks correct :smaug:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

Bort Bortles

This is a Star Wars alien name

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

If you take AJ McCarron in the first five rounds, you're nuts. I'd take Boyd over him in a heartbeat.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Football+Mason in the first for the Browns almost seems like fate.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Michael Sam, DE out of Missouri, just came out of the closet.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

gently caress it, draft him Chiefs.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Draft the dudes who say Hitler had some good ideas.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

How did no one score above a 7.5, though? You'd think at least ONE dude would get over the All-Pro hump.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TheGreyGhost posted:

Whoever wrote James Wilder's profile on that sight brought the serious creep factor

2014 NFL Draft--Tight skin and layered muscle

*pulls collar* well then

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Democratic Pirate posted:

Show me 2 NFL games with crazier and better finishes than the Auburn-Georgia game and this years Iron Bowl and I will say that cowboys games don't count.

The Super Bowl had a better finish (for me and the other good people in the country)

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

There's a long snapper from Harvard who declared for the draft. I just want y'all to think on that for a sec.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

Is there anything really preventing any college football player from declaring?

I just wanted to point out how a person who went to the most illustrious school in the nation is going to try and be a long snapper in the NFL.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Why not? He will be making more than most of his class mates when he enters the NFL, and he doesn't need to be particularly physically talented to play the position.

I guess I just assume that Ivy League grads have seven figure jobs waiting for them upon graduation.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Intruder posted:

That doesn't apply. Manziel is just pure bullshit. That's his entire game

Please, we know it'll own when he and the Browns bullshit their way through a sweep of the Steelers. We need a new Tebow in the league.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Doltos posted:

I think it would be prudent for teams to amass as many picks as possible this draft and not throw them all away for one player.

To this point, I went back and checked what the Rams have managed to get out picks they got from the RGIII trade and the resulting trade-downs. Here's the list:
Michael Brockers
Janoris Jenkins
Isiah Pead
Rokevius Watkins
Alec Ogletree
Steadman Bailey
Zac Stacy
plus a 2014 first rounder and a 2015 seventh rounder.

This is potentially ten players and, at current, only Watkins has left the team. In terms of sheer quantity, I don't think you can say the RGIII trade was worth it anymore.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

AAA DOLFAN posted:

You should really make that list say "2014 2nd overall pick" because it really puts the nail in the coffin.

Seven players + two more picks is the part I'm stuck on. That's almost an entire side of the ball at any given play. You can't tell me RGIII is worth more than an entire defense or offense.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

commy gun posted:

Which is great except they're in the toughest division in the league and they don't have a prayer since they don't have a QB.

Meanwhile the Skins have a chance in the cupcake that is the NFC East if Bob Griffin's plastic knee doesn't melt.

So worth it.

ok, argument recanted

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Ozu posted:

So Prince Shembo officially admits he was the guy in the Lizzy Seeburg rape/suicide. Does he even get drafted? Would you feel shame if it was your team?

Whoa, where did you hear this?

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Wow you are not getting drafted dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

It would die but we are an argumentative people.

well actually

• Locked thread