Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@JohnMiddlekauff 4m
Talking to people around the NFL on Bridgewater. Buzz is all negative, scouts were already down, pro day really raised red flags

Bridgewater going to be the new Geno and drafted in the 2nd round while cameras show him growing more and more depressed with every pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's funny because I swear this time last year a lot of people had a lot of good to say about Geno too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

You've got a point, but that point says that Ed Dickson is a better tight end than Tony Gonzalez.

He's right :smug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@RossTuckerNFL 21m
Based on Zimmer quotes & what I hear A&M coaches are telling NFL you gotta REALLY love Manziel to take him top 10

I really hope all of this nonsense is just smoke-screens, because the alternative is the best QB draft in years has very little interest in the actual QBs in terms of top picks and that's too insane for me to believe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Elotana posted:

Since when did Sumlin and Spavital start talking poo poo about him?

Sumlin and Zimmer had an apparently "extensive" conversation about Manziel that Sumlin was evasive about last week. Doubt that was him talking poo poo about JFF, but if it happened at all, it happened then. Spavital, who knows

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2006 Ravens draft in order

Haloti Ngata (still around)
Chris Chester (now on Washington [only member of their 2011 O-line to start and play every game at the same position)
David Pittman (CFL free agent [signed by 8 teams combined in both leagues between '06 and '12])
Demetrius Williams (free agent, last played in 2012 United Football League)
PJ Daniels (free agent, no games played professionally [didn't play in '06, IR'd in '07, released in '08, picked up never])
Dawan Landry (now on Jets)
Quinn Sypniewski (free agent [tore ACL bumping into teammate in '08, IR'd, waived after failing physical in '10, picked up never])
Sam Koch (still around)
Derrick Martin (now on Bears)
Ryan LaCasse (got Super Bowl ring on Colts, retired, now grad asst coach for Syracuse)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Falcons, Ravens, Patriots, Colts, Browns, and Jets have all reportedly expressed the most interest in drafting Michael Sam, and the Ravens even had a formal meeting with him. :unsmith:

Come to Baltimore, Michael

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skip Bayless doesn't talk as much as Doltos posts

I think the person who bought that av was trying to upset everyone else and not Doltos

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

But they already have their starting QB :v:

Schaub 2015 Super Bowl MVP. Get ready to count the ring :smug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jim Nantz says he's heard the Cowboys will do whatever it takes to get Manziel

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

When Teddy Bridgewater was 8, he promised his mom (who at the time had breast cancer) that if he ever made it to the NFL, he'd get her a pink Cadillac with pink rims.

2 days before the draft, and he kept his promise :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owVvvjwjW7g

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

I both want and don't want Bridgewater to fall.

If the Texans can wrangle both Bridgewater and Clowney I would probably not live to see the season.

But watching him fall low enough for a trade to be reasonable would be heart breaking

So what you're saying is death is the only sure result of either outcome.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't give a poo poo what is or isn't a smokescreen, I don't care if literally everything people have said are smokescreens happen or don't

If Bortles' name gets added to the Browns mannequin jersey by the end of this weekend, this miserable draft was entirely worth it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At this point the only thing that hasn't been said about Manziel or Bridgewater in terms of when/where they're going is that one of them is going undrafted.

Rooting for the comedy option, let's do this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't know about you all, but I'm ready to see Manziel drafted by the Raiders.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Giants are riding the Eli Express to its end, don't entertain the idea of them taking any big QB this draft or any draft unless it's Manning's last season.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alouicious posted:

y'all know it IS possible to not immediately start draft picks

They already have the future greatest QB backing up (Josh Freeman). No need for greed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

No, it should be good. We just aren't likely to take 24 first/second round prospects that I fallen in love with over the past few months.

As long as Michael Sam is drafted by somebody, and we get at least one TFF meltdown from a pick or trade, this weekend's a success in my book. Sometimes you gotta keep expectations low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Goetta posted:

I'm not getting all the JFF and Tebow comparisons when the former is actually a pretty good QB

Neither will get a ring

• Locked thread