Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Do you guys think Mariota, Hundley, and Manziel will all come out this year? They are all RS-Soph. I can't even think of the last top QB prospect that was a RS-Soph to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

No.

Never happens. Players go back all the time and most of the time it's beyond frustrating. Luck was the most inexplicable one of recent memory, but Locker was right behind him too. Players need to stop being afraid of not being picked first overall or slipping to the second.

Chances are that any of these guys peak might be the second QB taken, that is if Winston continues his brilliant play. Should be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Danica! posted:

Whats the chances of Nick O'Leary leaving FSU a year early and if he does declare, just what would the demand for him be? Any one have thoughts?

I don't think he will leave early or shouldn't at least. He has fumbling issues but has been better this year. 31% of his yards this year came on one play. I'd say at this point he'd be lucky to be drafted.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Stephen Morris decent arm? Uh, he might have the biggest arm in all of college football. He just has absolute poo poo for accuracy.

Edit: I feel bad for whichever team draft Tahj Boyd, especially in the first two rounds.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Emanuel Collective posted:

And yet Jordan Lynch, twice the college player LaFevour was, doesnt get any nfl draft press. A damned outrage imo

Jordan Lynch is a fraud and FSU exposed him in the Orange Bowl.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Alouicious posted:

I honestly can't loving tell what this post is

He talked all that poo poo before the Orange Bowl about how he was going to wear FSU out and how FSU hadn't seen anything like him and he delivered this piece of poo poo:

gently caress Jordan Lynch forever.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

People acting all surprised that Jordan Lynch and his mid major team got upended by an ACC powerhouse who has backups that were higher rated recruits than their starters

I think the only one surprised was Lynch.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Alouicious posted:

You still used the words "fraud" and "exposed" unironically when referring to college football so I'm pretty sure you're a massive tool

Oh really, I'm a massive tool because you disagree with my opinion and I used the "wrong" words. Got it.

All I'm saying is Jordan Lynch plays a bunch of nobodies. He had one chance against a legit team and failed despite talking all kinds of poo poo leading up to that game.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

buddhanc posted:

Was he supposed to bow down to the florida state gods for allowing him to be on the same field? You're really angry about the quarterback from Northern Illinois, who owns, talking a little trash. Just think about it.

Not at all. I'm really not angry. I just don't get the hype. No one has still explained that to me. Sure he has great numbers but he has no place in the NFL Draft thread.

But whatever, I've clearly derailed this thread enough. Carry on.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

TBC posted:

He strikes me as a solid back up but not a franchise QB. Game manager type who has a strong arm but is more apt to check down on any given play. Poor pocket presence. He's also absolute poo poo in the second half this far.

I don't think fans are seriously considering him to be our QB moving forward especially when Schiano gets fired. I'm rooting for bridgewater.

Pretty much this but ultimately I don't think we will end up with the number one pick unless Jacksonville wins one more game. Bucs still have St. Louis, Buffalo, Miami, and Atlanta on the schedule. We could accidentally win two of those games. Also play N.O week 17 and they could possibly be resting starters.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Quest For Glory II posted:

That's the right call. He's still got work to do.

Hundley Winston qb class is gonna own.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Abugadu posted:

Has anyone really been standout at TE this year? It seems ASJ has fallen back a bit, and I really haven't seen anyone else that plays a Graham-like WR/TE big man with speed hybrid.

Ebron from North Carolina is as dominant TE there has been this year. I'd be surprised if he lasted past 20.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Eric Ebron officially declared today. This could be the best TE class in a while.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

Melvin Gordon asked for input from the draft advisory board. Thought he'd leave next year so that would be a nice boost of talent to the RB prospects if he came out.

Add him to the mix and we're starting to look at a nice little RB draft class. Certainly not top heavy but some good depth in the mid rounds.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Not sure how to feel about this possibility:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

zimbomonkey posted:

I went to high school with Anthony Boone and he was not a good quarterback. At all. I don't know where the change happened.

David Cutcliffe is a master.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

ZenVulgarity posted:

Who do the bucs take in their slot? Mosely?

Hopefully not. The Bucs are pretty well set at LB. Biggest need is a QB and pass rusher by far.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

computer parts posted:

So assuming Browns take JFF, maybe Bortles to Tampa Bay if he declares?

I'd take him but I have a feeling Bortles, JFF, and Teddy will all be gone by #7.

Ozu posted:

Do Bucs fans not think Glennon is worth a drat? Not sure how he projects as far as upside but I thought he had a pretty nice year for a rookie.

Glennon is a backup. I really don't see him being a starter.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 19m
Two well connected west coast sources tell me they fully expect Brett Hundley/QB/UCLA to enter the 2014 NFL Draft....

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

Hundley is pretty good and reminds me of Kaepernick with a less accurate arm. He's got a lot of issues with dropping his eyes and taking off, same with Boyd. He'll test well at the combine but I think he's a project.

I agree. He seems like the guy most likely to fall to Tampa. Sitting for a year behind Glennon might not be the worst thing for him should that scenario happen.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I didn't see Carr's bowl game but from what I heard he didn't look good in it. Was it because of the competition or did Fresno just not have the man power to match up with USC? Playing poorly against good competition when he played sub par competition his whole career just kind of screams bust.

Where do you guys see Vic Beasley going? I wouldn't mind seeing him as a pass rusher in Tampa. IMO, pass rusher is by far the biggest need outside of QB.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Grozz Nuy posted:

I don't think going back is necessarily a bad idea for him, but I'm kind of shocked the advisory board rated Hundley so low.

Yeah, I thought he was looked at as a first rounder based on his raw talent. Like you said, probably best for him to go back. If he has a great season next year I could see him easily being a top 5 pick next year. I honestly would have been fine with Tampa taking him at 7 and having him sit behind Glennon for a while.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Coldforge posted:

After hearing a lot of hype over Kelvin Benjamin, I came away from that championship game extremely unimpressed.

He certainly didn't have his best game. I'm pretty sure he's coming out though because he's like 25 already. He has improved A LOT this season though but still drops some balls.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Doltos posted:

I know they can't be serious about either list since they're putting Ebron in the top 15.

Ebron is really really good. I have nothing wrong with him being there and wouldn't be surprised to see him drafted top 15.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
FSU

QB - Christian Ponder - EJ Manual
RB - Antone Smith - Lonnie Pryor - Chris Thompson
FB - Greg Jones
WR - Anquan Boldin - Rodney Smith
TE -
OT - Menelik Watson - Zebrie Sanders
OG -
C - Rodney Hudson
DE - Everette Brown - Tank Carradine - Bjoern Werner - Kamerion Wimbley
DT - Darnell Dockett - Broderick Bunkley - Andre Fluellen - Letroy Guion
OLB - Nigel Bradham - Geno Hayes - Dekoda Watson - Brandon Jenkins - Nick Moody
ILB - Lawrence Timmons - Vince Williams
CB - Antonio Cromartie - Xavier Rhodes - Patrick Robinson - Tony Carter - Mike Harris
S -
K - Sebastian Janikowski - Graham Gano - Dustin Hopkins
P - Shawn Powell
KR - Leon Washington
LS - Garrison Sanborn

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Does anyone have the link to the Google doc you guys put together? I search a few pages but this thread moves pretty fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The perfect OG name: Dakota Dozier, Furman

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=92736&draftyear=2014&genpos=OG

• Locked thread