Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Hollis posted:

I don't get the Chris Hardwick hate, I like him. He seems like a decent human being on earth comparable to others.

9thing that this show is actually loving really good sometimes Kyle Kinane was loving great.

Overexposure, I guess. As far as I'm concerned he's fine, especially because so far he knows when to take a step back and let the "contestants" go.

Also, seconding Norm McDonald. His style of humor would fit perfectly into a panel show like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Tupping Liberty posted:

Also disturbing, Joel McHale is 41.

Strange how you never see them in the same room :tinfoil:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Jean Eric Burn posted:

We should make a distinction between Chris Hardwick the host and Chris Hardwick the media mogul. Nerdist has proven to be an outstanding internet-entertainment-network-blog-podcast thing (what do we call these? I need to brush up on my web 2.0 lingo). He's nothing special of a host (and the main Nerdist podcast is usually garbage) but he directly supports a lot of crazy talented people (some of whom would probably be homeless otherwise :v:).

I can't hate him.

If nothing else, he (and presumably Tom Lennon) know who to get to make this work, because it's been solid to amazing in terms of quality since its debut.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Glad that cringe game came back, it's a great theme.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Random Stranger posted:

Exactly, and like the better of those podcasts it has a structure for them to riff off of.

Regarding Hardwick hate, his on air persona is obnoxious. He's like a bad radio morning DJ. Hardwick is someone who I want to avoid because he's so annoying in voice, mannerism, behavior, laughter, and jokes.

I noticed they were ignoring the buzzers this time which made for a better show. Maybe that's a temporary thing while they fix them properly.

They should switch the buzzers out for real bells, though I can't be sure it wouldn't break their budget at this point.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Agee's costume makes everything a little funnier. I think it's the smudged makeup.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Never heard of Ali Wong before, but she's amazing so far.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
A bit of a weak episode tonight.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

raditts posted:

"Confession Bear?" Who comes up with this poo poo?

Yes, but those were some great jokes from Koechner and Glaser--I love a good pun :D

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That was hands-down, the worst episode so far. I mean, when I saw David Spade on the lineup, I knew it was going to be bad but man, why couldn't he have faded into the editing background, like some of the panelists do?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ashpanash posted:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/comedy-centrals-midnight-gets-40-week-pickup/

40 week pickup. That's a year, basically. 12 weeks off, similar to TDS/Colbert.

This is the best news.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Nikki Glaser was on fire tonight. That was amazing.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Deadpool posted:

Listed as new.

EDIT: Well it looks like Pogdesign is wrong for the first time in forever. It's tomorrow.

More importantly: Is Brett Gelman on tomorrow?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I think he's going to do that Groundhog Day bit every time they come back. That's the best tribute to Harold Ramis :3:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Tompkins, Scheer, and Bamford? This is going to be a good night (I'm starting like five minutes late)

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Who won? My DVR cut out.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

twistedmentat posted:

Yep, and apt.

I think my #erotichistory Diet of Sperms is going to go over most peoples heads.

Just do Battle of the Bulge. History has done your work for you.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
No matter what, Kevin Smith can't be worse than David Spade. No one can be worse than David Spade. That show would have been improved if he had never shown up. He was negative-funny.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

swickles posted:

I love this lineup, but this kind of venue isn't conducive to Todd Glass's humor.

He was still pretty good--and it was a great episode.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Deadpool posted:

That may have been my favorite episode ever. I think they should add a permanent fourth podium just so Brent Morin can be there and bitch about his answers every night. I thought he was great and I'd never heard of him before.

It had that perfect balance of funny answers/internet junk and the guests bullshitting that makes a great episode.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Acquilae posted:

Hahaha Timothy Simons is like the Mountain compared to Arden and Bobby.

Disappointed that he did not crush Bobby Lee's skull with his bare hands, but still a decent episode.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

comes along bort posted:

Brett should win by default.

He sort of did. He's the first person to have his points taken from a live challenge and given to someone else. That's impressive!

This was a great episode. They seem to reliably get at least one "great" episode every couple weeks, with mostly good ones in between.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Did not expect Ice Cube to be that good. That was an excellent episode, but then I love any episode that delves into the stygian depths of the internet and pulls out fanart and fan fiction to show to the guests.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Who won last night? My DVR cut out.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I liked both :shobon:

I'm a sucker for misdirection jokes.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Sgt. Leper's Rotting Parts Band is amazing.

Also, this episode is better than I thought--but I knew it would be good once they started bullshitting each other.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Midnight City posted:

I don't know if I'd say annoying but they aren't funny to me at all. Maybe one in ten answers they give will actually be something I'd find funny.

They aren't funny in general. I've tried watching their stand-up. It's so dull.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

BigRed0427 posted:

#THingsMichaleBayShouldRemake

You monster.

Edit: Is Halley Berry doing a Syfy show?

Actually, it's on CBS.

Though it does look like a SyFy show.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Davros1 posted:

I think they're hilarious. I've heard all their stand up and think they're amazing.

... the hell? No @midnight for two weeks?

Daily Show goes on break, they go on break. It's the sad, sad truth.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

404GoonNotFound posted:

I have never heard a single 1 Direction song and now I suddenly want to hear them cover Detachable Penis.

Sure you haven't heard this skeevy gem? It played on the radio all the time a little while ago, even in department stores.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Such a good show tonight.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The most exciting thing about tonight's show (aside from Donnell's buzzer not working) was that I thought Moshe Kasher's name was Motion Capture.

Dunno, I thought that one of them actually having been to that strip club was interesting.

Other than that, pretty tame episode.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Of course Nic Cage has a prehistoric cave bear skull. Of course he does.

Well, he used to.

You'd think if you go into debt buying fossils, you'd have some of them put in proper cases so you don't knock them over when you're drunk.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fellatio del Toro posted:

How the gently caress is Doug Benson 50 years old?

While normal humans require a mixture of roughly four parts N2 to one part O2; Doug Benson produces his own, unique, THC-rich atmosphere. This has an apparent chronal effect. Early studies show that any timepieces left in the vicinity of Doug Benson invariably stop at 4:20.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Was kind of hoping for a fan fiction game while they had Janet Varney--but a great episode, regardless.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

OrangeKing posted:

$1 - that's called playing the opponent, not the board.

Made me laugh harder, though.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Come on, Christian Sonic? That's a softball question.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

BigRed0427 posted:

WHY WOULD YOU MASTURBATE WITH THAT!? :stonk:

Well, maybe it wasn't turned on.

I mean, she was, obviously.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

The Sklaar brothers again? Meh. At least the rest of the week looks awesome.

The Sklars are always pretty weak to me. You need someone great to hold them up. Luckily, Brandon Johnson was on fire tonight.

The rest of this week looks like it's going to be huge. I'm hoping that a few extended episodes get posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Oh gently caress Tuesday. But Monday? Yesssssssss :getin:

Thursday should be fun too.

Eh, Tuesday won't be a total loss, it's got Jen Kirkman at least.

• Locked thread