Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
I hate this show for making me not hate Chris Hardwick.

It's really good, though. As long as they can keep up the quality of guests (and they should be able to, there's like a thousand quality comedians that all have podcasts to advertise and none of them have anything else to do), I'll stick around after Colbert for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

Tupping Liberty posted:

although I'm probably the only person here that thinks he's dreamy.

You're not.

Also, I've liked his web content for a while (celebrity bowling is oddly enjoyable) but the whole talking adjective series is beyond the pale. It's mostly my inability to separate Hardwick the person/comedian from Hardwick the face of everything that is currently wrong with AMC, really.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

Hollis posted:

Its totally jealous hate, just saying. I think he's funny, sometimes a little dickish but he is actually a complete loving nerd. Like he really is into everything that he promotes which is awesome as he's not just some mouthpiece.

This is totally idiotic, just saying.

It's not "jealous hate", it's the fact that Chris Hardwick is the host of Talking Bad, Talking Dead, and probably a show called Talking Mad in the not-so-distant future. All of those shows are symptoms of the problem that AMC, a network which made some really great shows before tripping over its dick repeatedly in the past few years (The Killing, Rubicon, Comic Book Men, Low Winter Sun, Hell On Wheels, et cetera), has run out of ideas. It is reduced to fishing for residual ratings by having a guy talk to Marilyn Manson and Jack Osbourne for an hour.

And Chris Hardwick is that guy. He is the face of the slow death of AMC. When people express their distaste for him, that is why.

This show helps me hate him less, though, so that's nice.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Rubicon was awesome f you. <:mad:>

At the time, I kind of liked it, but then it just ended without going anywhere and so I'm retroactively mad about it.

Also, I just about choked on this apple when Patton Oswalt said Aquaman.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

JT Jag posted:

So there's some content cut down to make it fit a 30 minute slot? Interesting.

Yeah, you can see the scores jump randomly sometimes.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
It still feels weird to say this, but... I missed this show.

Mapquest Shrugged was stellar.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

Oh god, Owen reference :cry:

To be fair, he won't die in Mexico for another decade.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

Conduit for Sale! posted:

As with everything on her ED article, that was either something she said in jest or completely made up about her. I'd go look at the article to check which but I don't want to give those shitheads any more of my traffic. Somewhere on the internet she explained the whole thing but I forget where or how I came across it. Basically goons/internet nerds are awful human beings (no surprise there).

I believe I gathered all this just from googling her after I saw her on an episode of Tabletop. The internet is a wonderful/terrible place.

Something on ED is untrue?

i...impossible...

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Asian dude actually wore blackface to meet Snoop Dogg? :stare: Hahahaha

It was in South Korea, a country that adamantly believes blackface is totally OK

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

Wait, Haribo gives you the runs?
...gently caress :stare:

Only the sugarless ones, which you have to specifically look for.

Your bowels are safe.

For now.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
Myq Kaplan is on!

He's great.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

I don't think anybody's answers will top "Bareback Steakhouse."

Black Anus Steakhouse disagrees.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

They think Hardwick is too handsome and young-looking to be a nerd, to boot, in spite of actual cred.

There is not a single person in the entire loving world whose problem with Chris Hardwick is that he's a "fake nerd" because he's attractive, and I really wish you'd stop making this poo poo up every time the topic resurfaces. there's an interesting parallel with the ongoing question of "fake gamer girls" but that's not really germane to this thread

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Most of the people who aggressively hate Chris Hardwick do so because they want his life.

Again, not true at all.

There's plenty of reasons to dislike the guy. He's a careerist TV host who's hosted many bad shows, and some of those shows have the misfortune of being right after well-liked ones. He's a "comedian" who, in my personal opinion, has earned those clearly sarcastic quotes by not actually being funny - I thought his special was terrible and almost always find him to be the least funny person in whatever he's doing. He's a nerd who seems "phony" to some people (this isn't an opinion I share but I read it on the internet).

It's possible to have a dissenting opinion without being jealous or whatever. I just don't think he's funny, I don't think his other shows are anything but an appalling waste of space and time, and I still find myself liking this show (and All-Star Celebrity Bowling) despite the fact that he's on it. That's not some sort of outlandish position, and it's hardly jealousy.

amaranthine fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 6, 2014

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

And yet, whenever people say "hey why don't people like Chris Hardwick" suddenly there's three different posts saying "because they're jealous of his super life and awesome girlfriend" or "because they're goons who hate everything".

So, I mean... you kinda don't. Or you do, but they don't, or something.

Regardless, I'll stop making GBS threads up the Nerdist fanclub thread.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

When was the Allison Brie one again?

next tuesday, I believe

e: the internet seems to be conflicted if alison brie is on this, or if she's being replaced by indian doppleganger danny pudi

amaranthine fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Feb 19, 2014

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I love tom acting like a goof, I love the audience yelling incoherently, this whole thing is fantastic

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
It feels so weird to hear a different voice from him.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009

swickles posted:

Colbert and Stewart are paired together, it actually makes sense to pair these two shows together. Might want to hold off until it gets picked up for another season though.

I'm not really sure anyone will even talk about it, to be honest - it seems to be your Comedy Central boilerplate "here are some clips of stand-up comedy for half an hour" show.

Which is disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
This dude is so high right now.

• Locked thread