Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

GraPar posted:

This show is surprisingly great so far. Agreed that the show is really well set up to actually allow the comedians on to actually be funny. Also love that it's the first tv show to really take advantage of how many great comedians have come up/come to prominence in the last few years based on the huge boom of interest in podcasts and 'alt'-comedy (gross term, but still applies). Just having Scott Aukerman, James Adomian, Andy Daly and Doug Benson on in the first few weeks is pretty huge.

Eugene Mirman yelling that he's the only one without a podcast before fake-storming off the set last night was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tupping Liberty posted:

Kristen Schaal last night was amazing. I've never seen her doing her own stuff, just characters or Daily Show things.

Her standup's funny but kinda polarizing. A lot of people really hated her last special.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Garfield.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
He's a tiny little dude.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Making fun of Singled Out will never get old.

Well it'll probably get old at some point.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Yeah let's keep Jeselnik as far away from this as possible. It's actually funny.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

poser posted:

I liked the episode I saw but I dont know if it has lasting power.. There are only so many people in the "scene" that I think they will run into the problem of repeating guests a lot or something.

I would've guessed the bigger problem is running 4 days a week they'd run out of material to riff on, but apparently not. The whole comedy/podcast thing is so incestuous anyway and it hasn't yet seemed to hit its saturation point, even if they only have a pool of 30 or so comics to pull from, it'll probably be fine. It certainly hasn't hurt all the British panel shows and they only have like 20 people on tv there in total.

Also they really need to get Brett Gelman.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
It'd be pretty neat if they had more people doing the show in character. I'm thinking specifically of James Adomian's Jesse Ventura, but Paul F Tompkins could basically fill a show once a week if they went that route, though they should probably dole it out more sparingly than that.

Adomian absolutely destroys here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0joCGLCDFY

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

BigRed0427 posted:

I missed it, what was it?

Owen Hart to Hart

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I kind of like Kurt Braunohler on the show better, but just because it seems like he's PERFECT for this kind of show.

Did you ever see Bunk?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Oh dang Hot Saucerman.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

What the gently caress is the champagne of drank?

Promethazine. With Retsyn.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

raditts posted:

Why is Justin Bieber surrounded by people that call themselves "Li'l _______"?

Cuz he's a wee elfin creature himself and can't be shown up in public by normal sized black accessories who aren't his bodyguards.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

Weird Al is way better at this than he should be.

Dude been in the comedy game longer than most people.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
You just know Hardwick talks like that during sex.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

BigRed0427 posted:

So what is it? Guns and ammo for housewives?

Southern Living with the Nuge as editor in chief.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Y-Hat posted:

OK how stoned do you have to be in order to not be pissed off at that.

Quite stoned

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
He was a tool on Singled Out, so it's not something new.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Beards are fine for people of any age, they just have to, like, groom the thing. Which includes not letting it grow down to their loving clavicle.

Provided a person can actually grow one and not some wispy patchwork sadness curtain. Even then a little grooming goes a long way. But just a little because chinstraps are a sure sign of an idiot.

twistedmentat posted:

I really wonder where the Fedora came from. Did they all see Watchmen and go "Rorschach is awesome, i wanna dress like him!" or want to be Don Draper, but being immaculately groomed took too much time out of jerking off to ponies and raiding, so putting a hat on would do it like some kind of slob Frosty the Snowman?

I knew a dude in high school who indulged in the fedora lifestyle, but this was in the mid-90s so he might have just been advanced level.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

BigRed0427 posted:

I...never heard of her. :(

I'm lucky to listen to stuff made after 1990...even though I'm only 27 years old.

Alt-country. For better or worse.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Are all of those YouTube comments real? They seem like they would be.

The Macklemore one was hilarious.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Relentlessboredomm posted:

That was a good ep. Andy Daly looks familiar and I can't place him. That said, he's loving hilarious.

He was pretty good with his limited role on Eastbound & Down.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

404GoonNotFound posted:

Slash: Dinosaur Expert.

everyone should listen to the episode with slash. he sounds like an npr guest

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

BigRed0427 posted:

Arkham Night being made by the original team?

Apparently yeah. Odd that I'm finding out about new video games from a comedy panel show.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The woman who pays Buff Bagwell for sex is a real winner.

Lol "woman".

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

OmegaBR posted:

Does anybody else sometimes get the feeling that a character isn't that funny, but because Will Ferrell (or any other famed comedy guy for that matter,) is playing it, we're supposed to accept that it's extremely funny?

And now as I type this he's turned into Ferrell's signature "normal nice guy is actually insanely angry" shtick.

Eh, s'alright.

Yeah pretty much.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

twistedmentat posted:

I think my #erotichistory Diet of Sperms is going to go over most peoples heads.

It got a mild chuckle from me.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Michael Shannon, Neil Hamburger, and James Adomian in character as Jesse Ventura

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

404GoonNotFound posted:

James Adomian as Paul Giamatti, James Adomian as Jesse Ventura, and James Adomian as Huell Howser's Ghost.

His obituary for Howser in LA Weekly was really touching:

http://www.laweekly.com/publicspectacle/2013/01/08/huell-howser-remembered

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

The Piper posted:

according to TV guide's website the TBD on the March 26th show is now Whitney Cummings.

Anyone else just hear this noise in their head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Dying at Goodnight Coon.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
As great as Burress is Bell was totally robbed.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
I must have that pillowcase.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Not their best episode.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Ugh, white people.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Cranbe posted:

Jesus, between yesterday and today this show is off to a rough start to the week.

They can't all be winners, but yeah not that great so far.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm shocked that app isn't from japan.

Semi-related but I learned today there's a Japanese show that's just girls running up a hill. Every week a new girl runs up a hill. That's it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdaFLvX5YiU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

twistedmentat posted:

Who is buying used Purity Rings?

Me. I'm building a collection. It's for science.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Brett Gelman is a national treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

twistedmentat posted:

Do old people like Nash Bridges? I wanted to tweet Kevin Nash Bridges.

I did a snort laugh.

• Locked thread