Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's not a bad host but he's an awful comedian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is there a newer one than Mandroid? Because that's the worst special I've ever seen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Where does Paul F. Thompkins get all these crazy loving suit patterns. Does he have a batshit bespoke tailor that he hires to just bring him the latest selection from fabric store factory outlets?

There's a hockey personality named Don Cherry known for his ridiculous suits, and he goes to craft stores and just buys silly patterns then has them made.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

E-Male? :lol:

Are the outcomes to this show somewhat predetermined? I've seen several instances where the wrong player is given points, in some cases more than the points that were supposed to be given out.

It's pretty heavily edited so the point totals jump around.

Sometimes it's sloppy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A midnight Comedy Central game show isn't the real world.

Also it's a hosted by a terrible internet e-celebrity.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

#1 clearly had a larger reaction. I demand an inquest.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

Kirkman is going to have to work hard to carry this.

She's the worst one so far.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Reddit doesn't have any money to sponsor things.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TJ Miller is incredibly not funny.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here's how to do a great Al Madrigal impression: Squint, and lean forward.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

I've realized that between southern american Walking Dead and overly British Supernatural I have no idea what Lauren Cohan actually sounds like. She sounded much less British on the latest @midnight than I normally hear her.

She's an American who moved to England when she was 13 so her accent is weird.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They already had that scene on the show, they just didn't kill Glen in it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, the trough scene was supposed to be their take on that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's quoting the joke "Who the gently caress cares?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Agreed. I wouldn't say she came across as a comedic genius or anything, but she seemed fun.

The answers are all staged and written for them anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm posted:

Do you have a reference for this? I've often wondered how the show is produced but can't seem to find anything on the internet

I think it was somewhere earlier in this thread. I read something about how they see most of the content in advance so they can prepare their jokes.

I don't know for sure that non-comedians get writers or anything, but they probably get help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FetusSlapper posted:

Anthony Atamanuik showing up randomly as Trump all week should be a fun gimmick.

Well that was a terrible prediction.

• Locked thread