Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

LiquidFriend posted:

Also, I think this dumb game has managed to pull me back in. Why can't I ever quit you, FFXI? :( Get back into FFXI goons and get loaded up with SoA gear and we can do a lot of stuff :)

I've been burnt out on 14 for a while and never hopped back into 11 because pretty much everyone seemed to have left the shell, so guess I'll be around this week again. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Oh, man, you can get Joachim as a battlefriend? This is the best update.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
So how ridiculous is Zeid, and should I regret not having gotten him until they undoubtedly bring his cipher back in another login campaign? I keep feeling like I'm just too far behind the curve now, so I haven't logged in at all. :smith:

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Overdrift posted:

Some of the weapon skills on here say "TP bonus increased when the bearer has 2,000 or more TP". Have they raised the TP cap from 300, or is there just an insane amount of Store TP available now?

The TP bar counts tenths but doesn't display them, so my guess is they're making the readout clearer by kicking the decimal. A swing that grants 14.2% TP would read as 142/3000 now instead of 14/300.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 13, 2014

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Gruknor posted:

Making fun of people like Phagen and Kalief is what I miss the most.

Did something happen to Phagen? Has Quetz lost this precious treasure of aggressive incompetence? :stare:

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Kazy posted:

"STOP TAKING MY MOBS EVEN THOUGH WE ARE IN THE SAME PARTY, NOOBS!"

Red is like purple, right?

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

As bad as that guy is, I always gave him credit for organizing shouts. It was particularly nice when VW was more common. Could rely on him for making some good money when bored off HMP.

I followed him around for a little while during the Voidwatch high for Aello runs when I wasn't screwing around somewhere else; dude is a visionary in inventing new and exciting ways to gently caress up a fight, which is always entertaining, and if we managed to win I got maybe 150-500k worth of heavy metal plates, so hey.

He was also the indirect cause of me clippering a fresh-out-of-chargen Level 1 alt into Sky, to see if I could. :v:

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

quote:

A new job trait, Daken, will be added.
When equipped with a shuriken, the ninja will occasionally throw it upon autoattacking.
This trait will be learned at level 25 and will increase in stages at level 40, 55, 70, and 95.
* Shuriken thrown using Daken will not be consumed.

I hated Ninja and all but holy poo poo this is a really cool trait to add.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
I keep wanting to come back as well, but I think I'll wait until the Seekers story is done. I want to see how much of this storyline is Odin's fault too.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Paladine_PSoT posted:

What can we use to cheese up skills now that spellcast is dead?

What happened to Spellcast :stare:

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Gruknor posted:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46238

I like the new geo and run "empy" armors. The run hat makes you look like a fancy lad. The geo armor reminds me of something a boxer wears before a fight in the Rocky movies. I can't wait to see what kind of shennigans I have to go through to get my empy brd armor reforged and +1.

Looks like they took design cues from their FF3 equivalents and that's pretty rad.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
So if my actual account is still active, but the characters canceled, can I just reactivate them specifically for the Return Home campaign or am I hosed? I remember POL being kind of weird about defining those back then.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Jedi425 posted:

Decided to hop on for the free event, found out you can't pay for a transfer without reactivating. Looks like I'm staying on Quetz until I decide to resub, if I do.

Hey there, buddy, I'm stuck in the Quetzalcoatl shithole too. Then again I'm still on the step that's trying to justify just getting it running because I'd have to relearn the spellcast replacement and get a fuckton of new gear and whenever I look at the effort required for maybe a week or so of play I think maybe I'm just actually done with this game until I can justify a resub?? I know I'm overthinking things but I'm feeling so unmotivated towards getting any of it done in the first place.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
My most major abuse of cupper was back when my install freaked the gently caress out about Legion and crashed the game, trapping my character for about a week until enough reinstalls somehow wiped things clean. In a fit of boredom and frustration I made a new character and immediately went crazy with the clippering, since I figured "If the GMs won't restore my character to a regular state, and I apparently can't recover him, I might as well have as much fun with this as possible until I'm banned." So I did poo poo like run as far up Drogaroga's Spine as I could (it stops being solid not very far up), did a couple laps around Zi'tah while the zone-enforcement timer ran out, poked around behind the Moon Gate, and eventually forced my way into Sky just to see if I could. Turns out the zoneline is about 300 yalms north of the teleporter, the You Are Here icon was way off my ApRadar minimap.

I think she's still there, if I cared to log back in.

Shaezerus fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 20, 2015

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
No Dancer, no sale.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

CodfishCartographer posted:

but it wouldn't surprise me if SE makes ilvl versions of those events as well - particularly salvage, einherjar, and nyzul I could easily see getting new versions, since the old ones are still relevant for making mythics.

The very concept of "Item Level Nyzul" shakes me to my loving core.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

SerCypher posted:

I made it to Al'Taieu last night and I was taken a back for a moment how cool it looked. Didn't expect to get dumped there after a cutscene.

I'm not even sure there's actually anything like Al'Taieu in the rest of Final Fantasy, honestly. It's just so uniquely loving alien I get a little annoyed whenever I see its monster models pop up in 14.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
One of my favorite dumb-hosed-up things about this game is if you stay dead in certain Wings of the Goddess areas for long enough, gnat mobs will spawn and camp your body to mess up anyone who passes by.

They invented "aggros dying".

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Systematic System posted:

I recently did a clean reinstall of the game and forgot to use the marked map .dats for a while and my god, Inner Horutoto Ruins is a nightmare with the vanilla map. Actually a lot of zones are; the vanilla maps don't show hidden areas (sure, fair enough), but they also don't show valid and open paths, so you just have to bumble along until you find the right path. Yuhtunga and Yhoator Jungle were also pretty awful with vanilla maps.

I still hold that Yorcia Weald's map is one of the best and funniest examples of hostile game design in a long time. Sure, you're kind of used to Final Fantasy 11 having annoying map designs, being intentionally incomplete and sometimes even completely misleading, but then you zone into Yorcia, open up your map and see this glorious mess, whose sole wish in its entire hateful existence is for you to gently caress yourself:

Yet, somehow, once you get acclimated to the zone itself and compare it to player-marked versions on wikis, you learn how to read it, and it actually makes sense.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

pretty soft girl posted:

I wish Shantoto wasnt generally the only piece of FFXI that seems to be represented outside the game, though. I get in a game without a lot of particularly memorable NPCs why she's the de facto rep, but if they released figures of the generic character concept art for the artifact armors or figures of the arc angels I'd be all over those

Considering the only real competition in pre-Zilart NPCs is loving Trion, yeah...

That said, once they start digging into "We need more FF11 rep" after the obvious Prishe/Lilisette picks they get into some interesting choices. Joachim, Kupipi and Werei being in Brave Exvius is kind of hilarious to discover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Kazy posted:

How everyone forgets Lion.

She's fun as a Trust and all but I mean... as far as story involvement goes, give me a reason to remember her outside of "The game is insisting I do so" because to this day I am still legit-rear end confused why Rise of the Zilart wants me to actually care about Lion. I cannot for the life of me remember how or why we got involved with her in the first place, it feels like she just showed up because we needed a prototype for Prishe and the other expansion deuteragonist girls.