Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?
Hopefully there's a plan to reduce the amount of servers in the near future... would definitely make everything feel more alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Using the in-game Windower Parser, it seems the mithra and Tenzen do some of the best damage. Then again, I haven't unlocked the black mages yet, but MP is already annoying with Kupipi so I'm not sure how efficient they would be.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Not that I'm currently playing, but the page says you can trade it in instead of four gobbiebag upgrade items.

Still need the fame, though :v:

I was able to get up to 70 inventory spaces on my new character without doing any quests to build fame. After that, I think you need to build fame though. This might be an old change, but it's news to me.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Gruknor posted:

Each quest has a different Jeuno fame requirement. Some might be the same, but it usually increases by 1 fame rank per quest. The current gobbiebag limit is 80. So you would have to have done some quests to get fame. I doubt they changed that without telling anyone.

My character was brand new. I had just hit level 70 on Dragoon and had only done the Maat quests, chocobo quest and rank missions up to 5. Unless those counted towards it, I didn't do any other quests.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

frodnonnag posted:

Sold it for about 65m :v:

If you don't mind me asking, what was your primary method of making money? Crafting? Or something else

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Every now and then if you run at 60fps, your character's movement stutters. It only lasts a few seconds but can be a bit jarring sometimes.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What is that, just shy of 2 billion gil?

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Apart from sparks, what are some other good ways to make money completely solo once you hit 99?

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

So after just getting started in Adoulin, I've unlocked the ability to do WKR. I'm still using sparks gear as a THF and DRG, my only 99s. I've also collected about 100k Bayld from Outer Ra'kaznar (as well as like 5mil just from those drops, which is a nice bonus). Any suggestions on what to do next so I'm useful in groups for AA, Skirmish, Delve? Kind of lost with all the content available to me.

If "level another job" is something I should do, that's fine too. But what?

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

frodnonnag posted:

-rip thf knife (thf th caps at 8)

Thank loving god.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Unfortunately, cupper/clipper has completely ruined the game when not using it.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Gruknor posted:

So you are no currently using cupper? Are you using any other speed increasing cheat? I am just curious because I am always looking for something better.

I am in the same boat as you. I plan on doing WOTG missions with Jewbacca and Mulebacca, anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome.

You could try clipper. I personally haven't used Cupper before, but everyone talks about it over clipper, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Either way, Clipper provides the speed boost, with Maintenance mode so you can run through everything without people seeing you move an inch - you just basically "teleport". GM flag/JAWait0/exclusions etc.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

CubsWoo posted:

If you use Exiled to 'help' your 'stun macro', here's a file with most/all of the relevant TP moves - just put this in your Settings/Characters/*Character Name* folder.

https://mega.co.nz/#!6MUnwbJJ!yGsUkzMWjS_w17R3kr1R83nsKfuQm0y9aqWuDWQJAak

Speaking of Exiled, does the skillup app not work for anyone else? It casts one spell and just stops.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

frodnonnag posted:

They will however ban you if you're a complete moron. My current LS leader just lost three characters. namely an afterglow Tizona...All because he ran Myproject in a way that had him still running loving point to point laps after dying and homepointing to the auction house HP in west adoulin.

If this was mentioned earlier, please direct me... but what is Myproject? I've used cupper and exiled for a while now, but haven't heard of this. I'm at the point in FFXI where if I get banned I really couldn't care less, and quite interested in what myproject does.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

So is Clipper/Cupper not getting updated anymore? Read on BG that it has been pulled, or something.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Zero The Hero posted:

I don't know the story beyond that.

Well a lot of people got banned for infinitely respawning the final boss in salvage for Alex. They were probably stupid and blamed it on the clipper creator and not themselves. Either way, I have no idea but what else could it be?

Then again, I'm sure I just need the memlocs and from there I'd be able to update it myself. No idea how to do that, though.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Gruknor posted:

It does suck, I hope someone makes another runspeed program.

Were Cupper and Clipper made by the same guy?

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

RazeChildren posted:

For people who want to go fast:
projecttako.com/index.php

You are awesome. Map view looks amazing.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

There are some tools out there that show you the id of mobs, I always used those to find the exact placeholder so I knew it was dying. You can usually google what the placeholder ID is and sometimes its listed on the wiki.

Did these programs place the mobid in the widescan list?

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Male of the Century posted:

someone posted this a few pages back, it's a nice updated cupper with some neat map stuff.

projecttako.com/index.php

I have a few questions regarding Tako:

1. Can you add a "friendly" list of players you don't want to trigger auto-disable?
2. Can you see who is near you, triggering your auto-disable similar to Clipper?

Other than those two things, I prefer this program much more.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Edit: Unrelated, has anyone else noticed a small green dot following them on the minimap in salvage? Is this the windower detecting something they're using to track POS hackers?

When clipper used to work, now and then auto-disable would detect some random gibberish in the "Detection" line (where it normally shows close proximity players triggering the auto-disable). This might have something to do with that. I used to think it was something to detect hacking, but then I turned off auto-disable to see what would happen and didn't get suspended.

I honestly don't know, though.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Even though Abyssea completely changed how people play the game, looking back I think it was the most fun my friend and I had in this game. We were able to duo almost everything once we were geared and collected enough Atmas/abyssites. The new endgame is alright, but timed events (that you can't extend) like Delve tend to add an element of unnecessary stress to everything.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

My Friend Radio posted:

Are there any reasonable fishing bots these days? A few years ago that's how I made most of my money - idling moat carp overnight. Similarly with raising enhancing and/or summoning and/or healing magic skill - with spellcast being excluded from current windower builds, is there any automated way to ignore that tedium?

This is a good site to find stuff like that: http://www.ffevo.net/files/category/19-ffxi/?dosort=1&sort_key=file_updated&sort_order=desc

Otherwise, I'm told there's nowhere near as much money in fishing anymore.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Awesome OClock posted:

Even if it's $5 on top on a ffxiv sub, I think that it would be worth it.

A bunch of people have the $9.99 FFXIV sub fee grandfathered in because they had an active XI sub at the time. Adding a $5 FFXI sub would bring it to the same price as what others pay, and I'd gladly do that.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Obscurity posted:

With the announcement to stop updating the game have they mentioned putting it as free to play yet because I would love to come back but gently caress paying for this game monthly..

They said they wouldn't make it go F2P, but I don't see how they can justify people paying for a game that no longer has updates. I'd be interested in a split subscription between XI and XIV.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Valle posted:

Well that's easy. Take advantage of the current full FFXI with all expansions and 30 days for 9.99$ deal, and come play with goons. There's a double exp event going out the month, and the Adventurer Appreciation campaing going for the same time gives you a free exp ring with +150% bonus exp, 30k max (so for the next 20k regular exp you'll get 30k bonus). Unlimited charges, usable every 2hrs. Oh, and trusts. Those are probably not on the private server, right?

I managed to get level 30 in about 45 minutes for each job using the new trust, mog house decoration, and ring. I run from San d'Oria to Jeuno and am level 30 by the time I arrive. I could get used to this.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Male of the Century posted:

Does anyone know how to get Project Tako back up and running? I never took the time to learn but if I'm going to be playing this stupid game again then I would actually like to do that at some point, in case they continue to break things long after whoever created it has quit.

Mine's working. http://projecttako.com/

Edit - unless you mean in the future, when he quits, if it'll still be maintained? At that point, if nobody is updating movement programs, I probably won't play.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

If you get banned in FFXI, will it affect your FFXIV account at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

I am hoping (but not holding my breath) that they bring back something similar to Voidwatch. I know some people disliked it, but it was one of the few times in the game when you could go to an event on any job you wanted. I just returned after a decent break, and it seems Bards aren't even desired anymore!

GEO is the favorite at the moment, and supposedly all the melee jobs are just awful. Am I wrong?