Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Rural areas and non-residential urban areas often don't have any other wired high-speed internet options than the local telco's DSL. If my cable company wasn't awesome I'd be screwed, Frontier theoretically offers 24/2 with line bonding but when I had it I never saw anything better than 10mbit down. Even that was rare. That's one of the main reasons I keep an unlimited data plan on my cell phone, I usually don't use any more than a gig or two but it's cheaper and faster than the DSL as a backup connection for the rare outages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'd be thrilled with 5MB down and 1MB up. You really notice that 0.4-0.5MBPS upload limit. I even called to ask if there was anything wrong with my connection, and they said thats the service i was paying for.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I liked these so much last season i thought i'd whip one up. Someday i'll be good at PS, just not today :)

VvV Thanks, i wasnt sure if the points were right, but went ahead anyway :). Ill try to have these done on thursday or friday from now on so you know what to test over the weekend. VvV

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 27, 2015

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Tomorrow I'll post an updated points standing and you can edit it into the pic, or I can do it if you want.

Nice nod to JB17

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

I try to do a re-occurring livery for each season. The Smodcast one had to be retired, so this is its replacement :)

based on patrick dempsey's mazda:

http://dempseyracing.cdn.racersites.com/prod/photos/354360/NEWS.jpg

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 29, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GutBomb posted:

Next week, French cars. B class. Unlimited upgrades. Drag tires required.

Road Atlanta full
Yas marina south

Miatas on Sebring full

Road Atlanta will be 12 laps
Yes marina south will be 18 laps

We will definitely need to pit for tires in these races.

Sebring full will be 7 laps in the Miatas.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
3 people showed up. We're doing the French cars next week instead

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Look what showed up a month early:

Roll on, Forza 6.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Dude, you just triggered Atmus with a your white steering wheel.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I'm starting a lobby right now for some dice racing. Please join!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Dr. Faustus posted:

It's more of a caramel color but the flash washed it out. racist.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
"Noted Pet Island Racist," if you please, sir. :colbert:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Faustus posted:

Hey, I'M not the one risking horrible glare and illusions :colbert:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

Hey, I'M not the one risking horrible glare and illusions :colbert:
It was the first thing I thought of, I thought you'd get a larf out of it.

This was the second thing (click for video).

Good times.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So, I'm a little late to the party for playing the Forza 5 career mode, but racing prototypes against the Drivatar AI is a loving joke. Hope you don't need those precious aero parts, because they will ram the gently caress out of you when you get ahead of them. Oh, and anyone in front of the player basically parks in the middle of the corners for no reason, only adding to the butt-loving from behind. The rubber-banding is like an on/off switch (only enhanced because of the high performance of the vehicles). Everyone ahead drives like grandmas, and everyone behind is out to murder everything in their path.

Basically, every Drivatar is M. Rossi.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
At least they fixed it so aero can be fixed when you pit, unlike previous games where if you lose your aero it stays gone regardless of pitting.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Oh no no no, it got so much worse. I was still a sweet summer child just a couple of hours ago.

Indycars :stonk:

Okay, so first the game forces you to run road course aero at Indy in the championship, lol. Then, Long Beach is just ... holy poo poo. A pack of Drivatars all coasting around the fountain turn with no power because their cars stall for going so slow, and then the same thing at the hairpin, except I can't make the turn without stalling either because ... Forza reasons I guess (or I use a controller and can't turn the wheels sharp enough).

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
You can put an oval kit on the IndyCar in the upgrade screen. Also you can tune out the stalling by messing with the gear ratios.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Sounds like Project CARS. All you gotta do is spend 2 hours in the setup menu, and a car might be driveable. (As long as you turn off FFB and hope they don't patch it and change everything about the handling model)

Or you could just skip Indycars and drive F1 cars instead. They can actually turn more than 3 degrees of variance from their initial straightline attitude.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Oh I definitely messed around with the setup before hitting the track, but the Indycar championship in career forces you to race without setup modifications, and thus lovely gear ratios and road course aero by default (though looking at the numbers, it appears oval and rc aero are just different in appearance only without any actual change in downforce).

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

i think you might be trying to hard to play forza like a sim or some poo poo. just get in a car and accept a few rams. hell turn off damage and show those fuckers what's what

indycars are kind of silly in forza, probably should stick to slower cars for now because #1 they own and #2 the sim gap only gets more obvious in open wheel (although i happen to love forza open wheel)

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
Rassin' tonight!?!?!?!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Yes definitely. B class French cars with drag tires required. 9:30 PM eastern.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I will be there tonite

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Ill be on

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Next week
Stock formula e (no tuning allowed)
Indy oval
Silverstone GP

Spec Miatas on Prague reverse

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
All hail my glorious Adobe Photoshop skills

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You use photoshop to make spreadsheets?? I would totally use Illustrator next time, what if someone wanted to make a 20 story tall vinyl building wrap of this and you realize you have to redo it in vector. Time is money and pixels are pixels

plus the file extension for Illustrator files is .ai

I mean, jeez dude

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

You use photoshop to make spreadsheets?? I would totally use Illustrator next time, what if someone wanted to make a 20 story tall vinyl building wrap of this and you realize you have to redo it in vector. Time is money and pixels are pixels

plus the file extension for Illustrator files is .ai

I mean, jeez dude

:agreed:

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I use Excel to make the sheet and upload it to Google Docs, and I take a screenshot to post in the thread.

I noticed once it was in Photoshop that the standings (left column) didn't sort so I just used whatever brush size was already selected to draw new numbers.

I'm not an idiot though I swear!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I use Excel to make the sheet and upload it to Google Docs, and I take a screenshot to post in the thread.

I noticed once it was in Photoshop that the standings (left column) didn't sort so I just used whatever brush size was already selected to draw new numbers.

I'm not an idiot though I swear!

I didn't realize those were numbers. I thought you were just crossing out the erroneous place numbers.

You know photoshop has a type tool, right?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

crap i dont think i can come

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
LOL guys look at that poster! I bet he made it in Microsoft Word!!!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MattD1zzl3 posted:

crap i dont think i can come

Is that Narayan Karthikeyan?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GutBomb posted:

Is that Narayan Karthikeyan?
Raceist

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

LOL guys look at that poster! I bet he made it in Microsoft Word!!!

It was hard to make electric cars funny. I actually sprung for photoshop CS2!

JetSet
Jan 2, 2004
Germanologist
Ugh, my work schedule lately is making it impossible for me to make it lately. I hope that changes by the time 6 comes out :(

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Dizzle are you racing tonight? Trying to figure out if there's going to be at least 4 people, as I'm sure GB and Molghandi are both gonna be there since they've been regulars.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
I may actually race tonight. What's the scoop on racing these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dizzle are you racing tonight? Trying to figure out if there's going to be at least 4 people, as I'm sure GB and Molghandi are both gonna be there since they've been regulars.

I don't want to race if there are less than 4 tonight as well. I thought since dizzle was maybe going to be out we'd have a chance of getting howdy back for tonight but...

burtonos posted:

I may actually race tonight. What's the scoop on racing these days?

You need a spec miata for the first race, then a stock formula E car for the 2nd and 3rd race.

The Spec Miata is below

GutBomb posted:

Car:
1994 Mazda Miata

Engine:
Exhaust Street
Oil and Cooling Street

Platform and Handling:
Brakes Race
Springs and Dampers Race
Front Anti-Roll Bar Race
Rear Anti-Roll Bar Race
Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage Race
Weight Reduction Street

Drivetrain:
Clutch Street

Tires and Rims:
Tires Sport
Upgraded Front Tire Width to 195/55R15
Upgraded Rear Tire Width to 195/55R15
Rim Style any wheel that reduces weight by 10 pounds, so the buddy clubs or the team dynamic pro 2s or any other wheel you find that reduces by 10 pounds.
Front Rim Size 15"
Rear Rim Size 15"
Total Performance Index Should be D371
Any performance upgrade of any kind that is not listed above is not allowed.

Remember, these are spec cars so the spec here is the minimum and maximum. Sport tires means sport tires, not any tire option up to sport. Only sport.

After installing the upgrades go nuts tuning.

• Locked thread