Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

The biggest thing to work on moving forward is logistics and organization. Things have been changed while the tournament has been underway, and there were no rules set in stone about how things would be handled if X, Y, Z. Beyond that, management of card pools is another thing that's pretty critical to the success of something like this in the long term and it is - quite frankly - lacking. I know I've offered my help in this regard in the past, but the reminder is that one person doesn't need to try and do everything.

There's a few other variant limited formats I'd like to try in the future (if there's interest), and I'll almost certainly look for extra hands to help maintain structure and integrity. This has been a good first go; we've seen things that work that we should repeat, but we've also seen a few things that don't and we should correct.

All in all I'm pretty happy with how our community is shaping up here.

Having said all that, I'd be interested in getting some drafts going again throughout the week. Especially where some of you guys like steve have basically had two weeks of byes because opponents having corresponded at all or in time, it'd be nice to make sure those folks still get to do something. I myself am in the same boat this week since my opponent dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013
I lost to Myriad 2-1. Good games mate.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Beat planedriver 2-1.

That game 3. Wow. He had a Shipbreaker Kraken, a Arbor Colossus, a Sealock Monster, a Karametra's Acolyte, and a Sedge Scorpion. And a bunch of mana, enough to monstrous his guys. I had a lone hero, specifically, of Iroas, nobly bestowed with Nylea's Emissary and Hopeful Eidolon. Thanks to my sneaky sneaky hand and my opponent having seen the sided Savage Surge game 2, he didn't want to run into an unexpected blowout even though he might have had lethal with the Kraken monstrous, so he held up the mana and tried to ping me with the Scorpion. Then on my turn, I untap and look at the board before going to combat. In comes the monstrous, but down comes Gods Willing, naming pro-blue. My opponent, not wanting to lose his Arbor Colossus with a block but having no other untapped non-blue creatures, took it to go to 3 life. But, boom, Savage Surge and I kill him exactly.

I don't mean to brag, because there was basically no other sequence of cards that could pull me out of that one. But that was pretty neat.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
That sounds pretty intense, good job!

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SHIT YEAH, REQUISITION ME SOME OF THAT SHIT, BITCH

SKILCRAFT
QUALITY BLIND MADE PRODUCTS, BITCH
Still no comms from Cobra Commander.

In regards to the trading thing: I like the ability to trade since it is a multi-week, multi-pack event. The trading should be constrained better such as 1) You play that week with the deck you start with and 2) only 1 trade per week. Overall I am having a great time for this and hopefully we get some more stuff going!

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

1 trade per week AND limit it to 4-5 cards. Getting 10+ selected cards for your colors is a massive, massive swing in power and really unbalances things in favor of those who can sit in IRC and set up the best trade.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

uruloki posted:

Still no comms from Cobra Commander.

In regards to the trading thing: I like the ability to trade since it is a multi-week, multi-pack event. The trading should be constrained better such as 1) You play that week with the deck you start with and 2) only 1 trade per week. Overall I am having a great time for this and hopefully we get some more stuff going!

I just emailed you after you posted.

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SKILCRAFT

goodness posted:

I just emailed you after you posted.

Yep, I emailed him.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

suicidesteve posted:

So I really think we need to cap trading to like, Monday or Tuesday, and/or not do it. Otherwise we get people who don't want to play because they haven't traded yet and it's now Friday and I'm still waiting to hear back from my opponent AGAIN, and again I'm pretty much out of time when I'll actually be able to play this week, and I really don't think it's that hard to pop into the forums and say "Hey Steve I'm ready to watch you draw 12 lands in a row twice. Let's do this." so idunno WTF.

I'm really really sorry about that. I've had sorta a bizarre week having to deal with some cell phone stuff. I just forgot to pull up the thread, and I didn't see any PMs.

I'm available tonight (well, after I eat dinner) and any time after noon tomorrow - just name a time, I'll be sure to be on.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Boxman posted:

I'm really really sorry about that. I've had sorta a bizarre week having to deal with some cell phone stuff. I just forgot to pull up the thread, and I didn't see any PMs.

I'm available tonight (well, after I eat dinner) and any time after noon tomorrow - just name a time, I'll be sure to be on.

Eh, it's ok. I don't know that I really have any time til later in the week, like Thursday or Friday. I'm on midnight shift this week, so depending when I wake up tomorrow I might be able to sneak a quick round in. I can try for 3-4ish if I wake up by then. As long as my wife leaves her laptop home I'll get on irc, but if she doesn't I'll PM you when I wake up. For some reason her desktop can't load synIRC, and mine doesn't work.

So basically if I'm able to play it'll be between 3 and 4, and if you don't get a PM or see me on synIRC, I didn't have time/didn't wake up.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

suicidesteve posted:

For some reason her desktop can't load synIRC, and mine doesn't work.

I use the Kiwi IRC web client, in case that helps: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.synirc.net/#goonvitational

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

2/1 Boxman wins, I'm dropping.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

IRC posted:

< MyriadTruths> So like maybe Siren of the Fanged Coast, Shipwreck Singer, Mogis's Marauder, Servant of Tymaret, Returned Phalanx, and Nullify for the stuff? That seems
reasonable?

In accordance with this I will be trading my Hero of Iroas and both Hopeful Eidolons for his Siren of the Fanged Coast, Shipwreck Singer, Mogis' Marauder and Servant of Tymaret.

I'd also like to apologize to Myriad as he's been trying to make this trade happen all week and between midterms and stressing over gameday I've been away.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
I'll confirm that, thanks, and no problem. It's not like posting in IRC once a day and leaving it qualifies as much effort anyway.

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SKILCRAFT
Is last week getting extended again? (Still same pairings, no new cards?)

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

uruloki posted:

Is last week getting extended again? (Still same pairings, no new cards?)

Yeah just a couple days to finish matches. Having scheduling trouble.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK
Trading with Mikujin
My:
1 Leafcrown Dryad
1 Snake of the Golden Grove
1 Time to Feed

for Mikujin's
1 Steam Augury

That's me finished for the week.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Where ya been, Sleepy Owl? I was on for large stretches of friday/sat/sun and never saw you :(

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Nosre posted:

Where ya been, Sleepy Owl? I was on for large stretches of friday/sat/sun and never saw you :(

I've been really lazy the past few days
I thought I was on irc for some of those days though.

In any case I'm on now, and I should for an hour or so at this time just about every day this week.

edit: if you want to schedule a time though, my email is owlsolar@gmail.com

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 7, 2014

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Collapse of the tourney aside, I really want to start having some regular drafts again. Born/Theros/Theros maybe, or some awesome throwback drafts. But either way we could try to set something up Saturday evening?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Myriad Truths posted:

Collapse of the tourney aside, I really want to start having some regular drafts again. Born/Theros/Theros maybe, or some awesome throwback drafts. But either way we could try to set something up Saturday evening?

Were still going! Just a rough two weeks do to my organization not being enough.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
I beat BigMango 2-0. It turns out that having turn 4 Kiora both games is strong, who knew? Game 1 she locked down mango's Polukranos, game 2 he had a slow control hand and she released the kraken.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Sleepy Owl posted:

I've been really lazy the past few days
I thought I was on irc for some of those days though.

In any case I'm on now, and I should for an hour or so at this time just about every day this week.

edit: if you want to schedule a time though, my email is owlsolar@gmail.com

I should be around at points of tonight/sat/sunday (eu time). I can also just drop, since I recently started a new job and our schedules are obviously pretty unaligned :v:

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlTxtfcxUBy1dC13aVhWTXg5dXBtS2FWcml3RWRRa2c&usp=sharing

Pools Updated for New Week.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Lightning Lord, Myriad Truth, I would be interested in trading with either of you fellows this week.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK
Just defeated the valiant planedriver in the field of battle. 2-1.

Also, we're trading.
Planedriver's:
Lightning Strike
Magma Jet
Demolish
Spellheart Chimera

For My:
Nylea's Emissary
Flitterstep Eidolon
Sphinx's disciple
Nimbus Naiad
Vaporkin
Nyxborn Triton

Death of Rats fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 10, 2014

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
At this point, my deck is now mono-white and basically complete. There are still cards I'm interested in for fleshing out my deck in various ways, however.

I'm interested in trading in these:
Dauntless Onslaught
Elspeth, Sun's Champion
Fabled Hero
Heliod, God of the Sun
Hopeful Eidolon
Ordeal of Heliod
Spear of Heliod
Acolyte's Reward
Akroan Skyguard
Brimaz, King of Oreskos
Eidolon of Countless Battles
Ghostblade Eidolon
Hero of Iroas
Nyxborn Shieldmate
Revoke Existence
And white Scrylands

Though some of them aren't available at trade at all. Still, if you have them, I'm interested. The cards I have the most of, at this point, are my green cards, of which I have a large number due to having previously been in GW. I have scattered offerings left of the other colors.

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SKILCRAFT

Myriad Truths posted:

At this point, my deck is now mono-white and basically complete. There are still cards I'm interested in for fleshing out my deck in various ways, however.

I'm interested in trading in these:
Dauntless Onslaught
Elspeth, Sun's Champion
Fabled Hero
Heliod, God of the Sun
Hopeful Eidolon
Ordeal of Heliod
Spear of Heliod
Acolyte's Reward
Akroan Skyguard
Brimaz, King of Oreskos
Eidolon of Countless Battles
Ghostblade Eidolon
Hero of Iroas
Nyxborn Shieldmate
Revoke Existence
And white Scrylands

Though some of them aren't available at trade at all. Still, if you have them, I'm interested. The cards I have the most of, at this point, are my green cards, of which I have a large number due to having previously been in GW. I have scattered offerings left of the other colors.

I have a couple of those and am interested in a couple of things from you. Will you be on IRC tonight?

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

uruloki posted:

I have a couple of those and am interested in a couple of things from you. Will you be on IRC tonight?

I'll be on for a while probably, yeah.

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013

Death of Rats posted:

Just defeated the valiant planedriver in the field of battle. 2-1.

Also, we're trading.
Planedriver's:
Lightning Strike
Magma Jet
Demolish
Spellheart Chimera

For My:
Nylea's Emissary
Flitterstep Eidolon
Sphinx's disciple
Nimbus Naiad
Vaporkin
Nyxborn Triton

Confirming this.

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SKILCRAFT
I traded with Myriad Truth:

He gets
code:
1 Dauntless Onslaught
1 Ordeal of Heliod
1 Revoke Existence
1 Glare of Heresy
I get
code:
1 Sedge Scorpion
1 Gray Merchant of Asphodel
2 Nylea's Emissary
2 Sip of Hemlock
1 Savage Surge

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Yup, that happened.

uruloki
Jan 8, 2007

SKILCRAFT
Myriad Truths used my cards to beat me 1-2 (2-1?). I lost.

(Seriously, revoked my bows in both games he won.) :) :(

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
Nah you destroyed me game 1 when I revoked the first Bow and then you played the other. It definitely did work though.

Good games.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Sorry guys but with Tax season I'm gonna have to drop :( Hopefully I'll be less busy for the next one :)

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I don't recall who I'm paired with but I get home from break late tomorrow night. We can play then, or Sunday.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Mikujin posted:

I don't recall who I'm paired with but I get home from break late tomorrow night. We can play then, or Sunday.

I emailed you his email, let me know if you get in touch.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Still waiting on Cobra Commander. You available, bro?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Mikujin posted:

Still waiting on Cobra Commander. You available, bro?

I texted him, said he could play tomorrow night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Sleepy Owl, you around?

• Locked thread