Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I still remember hearing the radio edit of "Closer" and thinking it was pretty bad rear end. Not bad as far as radio edits go with a whip noise over the naughty words lol (I think that was by the radio station 107.7 in seattle)

It was a way to give it massive rotation, that edit was on that station a LOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'd be interested in hearing more demos/outtakes from the album but I think we'd have heard about it by now if anything was planned.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I’m still waiting for more Deviations. That was an interesting release.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I want a 5.1 mix of The Fragile for the 25th anniversary this September. The 10th anniversary TDS mix was good (as was the With Teeth mix that same year) and I love the fan made mixes of Year Zero and Ghosts.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

IUG posted:

I’m still waiting for more Deviations. That was an interesting release.

I'd love to hear the version of Was It Worth It? with vocals.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
https://youtu.be/fJMowK3OkWc?si=V-Vundli5O5cF4zU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Trent is stone cold in this, just super calculated and level. Fuckin ace.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Goddamn this is amazing footage. So interesting to see their mindset going in and how they were stacking themselves up against Metallica. Always wondered how they felt about that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Caseman
Mar 21, 2006

Happy TDS day friends

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
drat, this album fuckin RIPS still :ohdear:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hell yeah

Ruiner is still one of my fav tracks of all time, I just love it

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I go back and forth depending on where I am with my mood really as to whether I like TDS or Fragile more. What an album. Can't believe it's almost 30 years old.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Didn't see anyone post this in the past year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i25uKE65iKk

anyway, her new single has a strong NIN influence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYJxPg6quL4

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I know "still feels as fresh as ever" is a bit of a tired old music take, but I'm a relatively recent convert to NIN (gently caress knows why, I've always liked other industrial/metal/dark and gothy poo poo), and The Downward Spiral is probably the most transformative experience I've had with a piece of music in.. I don't even know, maybe forever?

ytisomauq
Dec 15, 2000
From the Early FPS Megathread. Some of these are really well done.

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Just in time for the 30th anniversaries of Doom II & The Downward Spiral...

The DOOM.wad Spiral

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWqDe7I5T98

https://adamzerarez.bandcamp.com/album/the-doom-wad-spiral

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

ytisomauq posted:

From the Early FPS Megathread. Some of these are really well done.

I still don't really "get it" but the improved intro to Mr. Self Destruct is really well done.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just found this on YouTube and it's fun to watch an opera singer go nuts over Trent's vocal range (the song is the live version of Terrible Lie from BYIT)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccZL7pTGW8E

It's making me want to watch BYIT again because this version is so loving good

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
22nd of March at 10am PST, there's a NIN announcement coming...:woop:

I, Butthole fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 19, 2024

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
Apparently Welcome are a skateboard manufacturer??? Has Trent taken up a new hobby?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Some of his kids are old enough to be into skating.

:smilie that gets old and crumbles into dust: (why the gently caress can't I find that one?)

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Yeah it's a skate and merch range.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Terrible Grind

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
(Tony Hawk) I think you owe me a great big apology

there's probably another skateboarder who fits the meter better, but how the hell would I know

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So NIN is just a merch label now, like Nirvana? Just slap the name on anything?

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Tony Hawks Pro Fist gently caress

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
(1080) Something I Can Never Have

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

IUG posted:

Meh, it's not like people don't still respect the hell out of Nirvana. I think it's fine as long as Trent himself doesn't start making lame posts about it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

IUG posted:

God forbid we get anything cool or fun

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's not like NIN wasn't a band known for putting out a lot of merch.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just want music too! And not just instrumental pieces! (Yes, this contradicts my request for more Deviations.)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

IUG posted:

I just want music too! And not just instrumental pieces! (Yes, this contradicts my request for more Deviations.)
I was just thinking yesterday how their last new piece of music ever might be that collaboration with HEALTH :ohdear:

Don't get me wrong, though. I love that song.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eh, Trent's a contented old family man these days. I don't blame him for not wanting to force it... Nine Inch Nails music should be driven by righteous indignation, whether that's the internal or external but I'd imagine his world right now is pretty cozy with the composing and spending time with his kids and stuff.

Not that art needs to come exclusively from misery but it needs to have some sense of sincerity to it - the man as he is now could not honestly write something like Terrible Lie or The Downward Spiral.

Now we see a Trump re-election or if the wildfires hit his California home and I wouldn't be surprised if we get that Year Zero 2 album we've all been waiting for. But I'm not gonna wish the misfortune on him that's necessary for that sorta art to be created.

And I could be entirely wrong about this and maybe he's been secretly working on a follow up to the experimental styles he brought to play in The Fragile - something we can't even imagine yet, but who knows.

If not new music though, it would be nice to have a tour or an official live album or b-sides or something.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I mostly just want Year Zero remastered on vinyl at this point. I would love new music too but that's all I really need. I'd buy The Slip too but if that doesn't release ever that's fine.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

The only non-remix album I don't have on vinyl is With Teeth, because I thought I owned it and ignored the re-release. I did pick up the Quake soundtrack though, which owns (and I think the Sonic Mayhem Q2 soundtrack is supposed to be released soon)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'd buy the gently caress out of a With Teeth definitive with Home, Non-entity, Not So Pretty Now, and Right Where It Belongs (Version 2)

He'd probably have to do that as a triple LP though, and at that point may as well scrounge up a few more demos or whatever you have lying around to really fill it out

and christ... next year is 20 years for it

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 20, 2024

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
With Teeth on vinyl sounds so good. I recommend seeking it out

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I'd buy the gently caress out of a With Teeth definitive with Home, Non-entity, Not So Pretty Now, and Right Where It Belongs (Version 2)

He'd probably have to do that as a triple LP though, and at that point may as well scrounge up a few more demos or whatever you have lying around to really fill it out

and christ... next year is 20 years for it

Don't hold your breath. WT was just given DE treatment in 2019.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I find "With Teeth" is probably the album that speaks to me the most these days. Especially in middle age "Every day is exactly the same" hits p hard lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Last week the algorithms on social media bombarded me with anniversary stuff about the downward spiral being 30 years old and drat if it didn’t work. It was on my mind and then I popped into this thread and I’ve been on a real NIN binge for several days.

I think this is the first time I’ve been socially influenced and it’s due to sheer volume of targeted material in the 10ish minutes I looked at Facebook last week.

I’m sure I’ve been had by social media in the past, but this is the first time I’ve been hyper aware of it.

I think there’s an amount of irony in that what I was influenced into doing was listening to NIN.