Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Mishaco posted:

haah thanks....was just curious.

During our move last week, i listened to Hezitation Marks a few more times....after reading several recommends online to do so--- that it can grow on a person.

After that, i have to agree, it does seem to improve with listening.
Its no Fragile or Spiral but its not at all a bad album.

Making an active effort to get more back into music....even finally replaced my 19 year old Boze speakers with....new Boze speakers.

You got a thing about the letter "S"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

My problem with Welcome Oblivion is that soundwise it's ultimately kind of samey and towards the end the album just completely fizzles out. I literally can't remember a single thing that happens on that album after We Fade Away, which would've been a really good closer.
Funnily enough I had Welcome Oblivion on my car CD the last day or so and I agree completely with what you said. It is pretty unmemorable.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

BANME.sh posted:

Yeah I figured this was the case. So much stuff from the 90s and early 2000s trapped in SD forever :(

As long as the audio's great though, right?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm surprised Trent didn't tweet anything about Bowie's death.

True, but I'm assuming he didn't want to be all Dave Grohl about it.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh my, what did Dave Grohly say?

[quote="Laserface" post=""454332909" "]
Dated: Dec 29, 2015 01:26
How long do you reckon until Dave grohl makes this about himself? I say a day.
[/quote]

Semprini posted:

Dated: Dec 30, 2015 21:07
You win the prize!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

I, Butthole posted:

i've got my axe that chip chop chip chop chip

Capital Tree.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Stryder posted:

I was farting around on NIN's youtube channel and as a reminder, the entire Tension set recorded at the Staples Center is still up in glorious 1080p. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBC3NXnN8y4

It also still loving rocks. Pino Palladino is amazing on bass.

Holy poo poo, how come I have never seen this before?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

TOOT BOOT posted:

I remember Trent saying we'd have new NIN and other things in 2016 but we've gotten neither and the year's almost over.

gently caress off, it's not even September yet.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Ammat The Ankh posted:

There's also a "music video" to go along with one of the songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvyywDE67tY

That's a slightly less migraine inducing video than the one David Lynch directed.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Stryder posted:

Count me in the "I like this more than anything from NTAE" camp, but something's been bugging me since getting NTAE and such. If Atticus and Mariqueen are now just officially part of NIN, what makes NIN different from HTDA? To me, it just feels like HTDA was a completely marketing failure, so they finally gave up and said, "gently caress it, let's just capitalize on the NIN name." I dunno. I think I'm part of the minority who actually liked some HTDA stuff, and if Less Than had been the lead single for Welcome Oblivion, they might've actually gone somewhere with that. Hell, it even has that as a lyric, so it could very well be a cast-off track from earlier.

Sort of unrelated but still awesome, now that NIN stuff is popping back up in my YouTube suggestions, I'd like to remind everyone that this happened almost exactly 8 years ago today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qlUFKFHNIU

Yeah, I was there for that. Place went mental (doubly so when the riff to Cars started).

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Worst support? I saw Atari Teenage riot support NiN in London, but as they were wrecked from touring, we got a set of deafening noise and screaming that hosed a lot of people off and up.

https://atariteenageriot.bandcamp.com/album/live-at-brixton-academy-1999-remastered

poo poo, 1999?

Also caught the NINJA tour, but as I only knew Been Caught Stealing I thought Jane's Addiction was mostly pompous wank.

edit But we got two surprise songs with Gary Newman which more than made up for it.

http://www.jdale.net/ninja-london-o2-july-2009/

spookygonk fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 21, 2018

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

I would genuinely love to know what 1994 Trent thinks of married, father-of-4, 2018 Trent. I would hope it would be nothing short of "wow, that's incredible!" with maybe a side of "I'm glad I'm still alive!"

Don't tell him about Trump.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Big Man with a Goiter

Big Man with a Gum Disease

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

He didn't have to do this, but he did.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

magiccarpet posted:

The arg started with USB sticks on bathroom floors and ended with a concert in a basement that was broken up by future police

Yeah, scary stuff.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Pops Mgee posted:

Strobe light

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

david_a posted:

We should start a pool for the name

Azreal Jade Reznor
Aurum Noble Reznor

Considering their current kids are called Balthazar and Lazarus Echo expect something like Buchla Moog Reznor.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

"What do we do with our hands?"

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

My first show:

Most people were more interested in Skid Row and G 'n R though.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

The Walrus posted:

My first and only trent show

I had never heard Now I'm Nothing and was insanely pumped at this retro sound trent's new material had for a few minutes lol

Caught that tour in London and Gary Numan came out for Metal and then Cars. Place, naturally, went mental.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Look at them with their sensible glasses.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

sticklefifer posted:

It's definitely not 25 years since he was in the Starfuckers video, but it could be 20 I suppose.
Just watched that video for the first time and thought Trent was looking a tad puffy in the face there.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

It's Trent's tie being crooked that gets me.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Trent is 56 today!

Looking good.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

coronaball posted:

Was anyone in Berkeley last night? What happened during 1,000,000? It seemed like he just stopped playing it halfway through.

Brief scan of r/NIN

quote:

Robin equipment was out of tune/he hosed up. I thought trent would sing in a lower tone like he does in Last, but he didn't. Alessandro went out of stage and said something to Robin on the way. Song went to the first chorus and then Trent stopped it.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

https://twitter.com/andrewbhawkins/status/1587896339920134144?t=RsxyYyyFAfGNgygQQcFR6g&s=19

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Ah yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ZMKfFHU3U

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Rageaholic posted:

Today is Hesitation Marks' 10th birthday :toot: Gonna listen to it again in celebration.

10 years already?! Still play Satellite to this day (though think I prefer the live version).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

No smiling in rock & roll.