Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP

Quick counts is cool as poo poo I've never heard of that before now.

Any other games do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

human being Guy posted:

Any other games do this?

as far as I know, Sony is doing something new here.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

human being Guy posted:

Any other games do this?

At least one of the iterations of All Star Baseball on the PS2 had this feature and I'm not sure why it's never been replicated again until now.

con
Aug 5, 2004

There's always next year...

human being Guy posted:

Any other games do this?

Yeah all-star baseball had this on xbox/ps2, high heat had it on pc.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think in The Show 2012 I didn't try to win, I tried to draw 3 walks per game. It was so loving difficult. I was a free-swinger and the CPU liked to paint the corners.

So Quick Counts sounds cool. Would like to have OBP guys that wasn't made up entirely of batting average.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Rand alPaul posted:

I think in The Show 2012 I didn't try to win, I tried to draw 3 walks per game. It was so loving difficult. I was a free-swinger and the CPU liked to paint the corners.

So Quick Counts sounds cool. Would like to have OBP guys that wasn't made up entirely of batting average.

Playing 12 right now and I'm more pissed off by the computer's ball/strike calls. I'm tempted to change it, but lord knows it's still more consistent than a real umpire.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I adjust the sliders so the AI pitchers have a bit more control but throw way fewer strikes. I'm still in the bottom five league wide for walks but I'm not 30th! I usually get like 3-5 walks a game.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
That new RBI Baseball comes out for Xbox 360, PS3, iOS, and Android on April 10. Has anybody seen so much as a screenshot of this?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

That new RBI Baseball comes out for Xbox 360, PS3, iOS, and Android on April 10. Has anybody seen so much as a screenshot of this?

I'm just expecting something terrible not worth my money, sadly.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dubious posted:

I'm just expecting something terrible not worth my money, sadly.

Me too. I just wish someone would re-skin Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

davecrazy posted:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/12/5499176/r-b-i-baseball-14-mlb-preview-simple-fast-paced

No price but I'm going to guess the console versions are $15.

I'm still interested in it as a quick alternative to the show's learning curve but I've got to see some responses to the actual game first. I'm not paying full price if it's generic and cheap (first red flag: looks like only one generic stadium), and any kind of NBA Jam comeback AI is a complete dealbreaker.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

davecrazy posted:

They made a big announcement today. It's basically pretty true to the '94 era RBI baseball with the 3 body types for batters and multi-player that is limited to local play.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

tadashi posted:

They made a big announcement today. It's basically pretty true to the '94 era RBI baseball with the 3 body types for batters and multi-player that is limited to local play.

It very much looks like a lovely iOS game ported to consoles too. I have low expectations for this one.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Also, keep in mind most reboots of old classics nowadays are lazy cash grabs that suck horribly. I'm surprised this wasn't a Kickstarter project with how it looks.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Captain Tolerable posted:

Also, keep in mind most reboots of old classics nowadays are lazy cash grabs that suck horribly. I'm surprised this wasn't a Kickstarter project with how it looks.

I'm surprised anyone would want to attach their name/license to this game with how bad it looks.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
We have an official PS4 release date: May 6.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

davecrazy posted:

Nice, I was expecting the end of May due to their hesitation to give a date for so long

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Can't wait to serve up a ton of dingers to you goons

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
It releases during my honeymoon. I'm sure she'll understand, right? Hahaha well, I waited this long; what's another week?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I bet there will be a boss in the new Metal Gear that'll be a baseball player on Honeymoon.

Basically, what I'm saying is you should buy Metal Gear while waiting for The Show.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is that a scouting report for online opponents with their playing tendencies? I love you, Sony San Diego.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

Is that a scouting report for online opponents with their playing tendencies? I love you, Sony San Diego.

I can't take a pitch to save my life and play offline like this game is The Bigs. Can't wait to see my scorecard :allears:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

jabro posted:

Well I think that's your user profile. No word if you'll be able to see other peoples to this detail.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

Well I think that's your user profile. No word if you'll be able to see other peoples to this detail.

That's a bummer. You could have lied to me, you know.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

•Universal Profile (PS3 & PS4) – A new tendency-tracking system monitors and records gamers’ unique playing styles. Those patterns are stored in the Universal Profile, which can be viewed by anyone looking to get a quick scouting report on the player. The Universal Profile can also be subbed in in place of a CPU opponent in Diamond Dynasty and Online Franchise, making for more realistic head-to-head matchups when schedules prevent synchronous play.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Well there ya go.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cwnwO9HZsw
Andrew :allears:

If I ever had to wear a suit it would be that.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Talks about changes to Road to the Show

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/17/road-to-the-show-the-evolution-continues-in-mlb-14-the-show/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?xT8xNMTQz7U

*When creating your new ballplayer, you will select a home region (West, Central, East, International), which will become your team in the Showcase.
    *The Showcase comprises of three games.
    *Major League scouts will be grading your performance in order to determine your Draft stock.
    *The Draft experience includes the ability to hear all of the selections in your round called out, including your own name.
    *You are able to re-play the Showcase by “returning to school,” but doing so will age your player.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

So happy that benchmark goals are gone. It was so annoying being this generational talent and being stuck in the bullpen because you failed to get an RBI.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A bit concerned about the showcase thing after playing NBA2k14 and just how long it took from going to creating your player to finally playing a NBA game. It's fun enough the first time, but if you start multiple people like I did, it sucked eventually.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So this is a thing.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/17/mlb-14-the-show-nba-2k14-bundled-in-playstation-sports-pack-vol-1/

quote:

With Opening Day nearly upon us and the NBA Playoffs not too far behind, we’re excited to announce MLB 14 The Show and NBA 2K14 will be available together in PlayStation Sports Pack Vol. 1, launching exclusively for PS3 on April 1st for $89.99. These two titles represent the highest rated Baseball and Basketball franchises in the market over the last several years, and together are the spring’s must-have product for sports gamers.

The pack includes full versions of each game, as well as a bonus of $10 worth of in-game currency: 6000 STUBS for MLB 14 The Show and 20,000 Virtual Currency for NBA 2K14, bringing the total value to $129.99 worth of content for just $89.99.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
At this point, the only thing I wish this game had was international teams.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Seems weird that that's not for PS4 as well, but I probably wouldn't play much of 2k14 anyway so oh well.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

mikeycp posted:

At this point, the only thing I wish this game had was international teams.

The same thing I want for NHL: College teams and being able to play a full/shortened College season and/or national championship before the draft

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I have Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Snake has a beard. Pics don't do it justice on how well it looks even while in motion. Amazing how something which seems so insignificant that when finally seeing it makes a huge difference in My Immersion™.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

I have Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and Snake has a beard. Pics don't do it justice on how well it looks even while in motion. Amazing how something which seems so insignificant that when finally seeing it makes a huge difference in My Immersion™.

He is a playable character in The Show?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

KDdidit posted:

He is a playable character in The Show?

Jayson Werth's beard is, I assumed that is the connection he's making

E: Can't wait to see dat Brian Wilson beard

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Harden's is pretty nice in NBA2K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
Some new PS4 screenshots today

http://www.operationsports.com/media/1109/mlb-14-the-show/

:stonk::fh:

• Locked thread