Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Dilber posted:

The manager AI is kinda funny. It's the deciding game of the NLCS, and I'm the starting pitcher. I've thrown a perfect game through 6 and 2/3rds innings with 6 strike outs and a pitch count under 70. We're up 1-0. I give up a hit because the outfielder fucks up, and the manager pulls me. Luckily we still win.

I had this happen to me in AAA. I was perfect through 7 innings, had only tossed like 40 pitches, gave up a double and got pulled. We lost and I was demoted to AA with a 2.3 ERA and a zillion strikeouts and had to play through 2 more seasons of AA and AAA before getting called up. I don't get the system man. Maybe I just don't play the game the right way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Obama and Geek, accept your league invites and PSN friend requests.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007

jabro posted:

Obama and Geek, accept your league invites and PSN friend requests.

I don't think I got one...

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
You have to go to online franchise and manually check "my invitations" you don't get an alert.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I just joined, but I had to go to the AL because whoever Boston is took my spot in the NL

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Just played my first online game. Quick Counts are the loving worst thing.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I'll take an invite :unsmith:

PSN: Paperback75

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
Ok, I'm in now as the Blue Jays. I didn't realize I got the friend request for this game because BadLeRo also was playing The Last of Us and I just started that too.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dr Geek posted:

Ok, I'm in now as the Blue Jays. I didn't realize I got the friend request for this game because BadLeRo also was playing The Last of Us and I just started that too.

That crazy BadleRo. That should make everyone. I'm going to make a group chat thingie on the PS4 later today to discuss draft times. I don't want to clutter this thread with that crap too much.

Paperback Writer, if the invite was referring to the league your addition would make it odd teams and we need even teams. Also, we need to get this thing started since Madden will be out in a couple weeks and this game will lose interest in some folks. Sorry. :(

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Not sure when I'm gonna be home tonight, taking the Camaro to the track. Just let me know what you guys decide for a draft time and I'll be there as long as it's not during the day. I'm free after 5 PST weekdays and whenever weekends.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
I work a night shift tonight and sunday but any other night I'm home by 8 eastern.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Any nights but Friday or Saturday (I know) work for me.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
any day is good for me

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

With everyone but Obama chiming in it looks like tonight, Sat., and Sun. Are no-goes. Monday at 830PM EDT/ 530PM PDT good for everyone? I'll bring cupcakes.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
Monday works for me.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

jabro posted:

With everyone but Obama chiming in it looks like tonight, Sat., and Sun. Are no-goes. Monday at 830PM EDT/ 530PM PDT good for everyone? I'll bring cupcakes.

That works.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dr Geek posted:

Monday works for me.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I activated the league to be ready for tomorrow. The documentation for this game is lackluster at best. I have a flashing thing saying Draft is ready, enter to begin so we will what happens tomorrow. I will start a party chat and invite everyone so we can laugh at Dubious for taking Kirby Puckett #1 overall. I heard the draft is something crazy like 90 rounds so we'll be stopping after the 25 man rosters are filled and let the computer do the rest.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

It occasionally lags so I'd recommed using the queue feature so you don't get back to back closers.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

jabro posted:

I activated the league to be ready for tomorrow. The documentation for this game is lackluster at best. I have a flashing thing saying Draft is ready, enter to begin so we will what happens tomorrow. I will start a party chat and invite everyone so we can laugh at Dubious for taking Kirby Puckett #1 overall. I heard the draft is something crazy like 90 rounds so we'll be stopping after the 25 man rosters are filled and let the computer do the rest.

Hey uhhh I'm dumb and have a final tonight. If there is an autodraft please just do that for me as punishment for not being able to read despite being in college.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

gleep gloop posted:

Hey uhhh I'm dumb and have a final tonight. If there is an autodraft please just do that for me as punishment for not being able to read despite being in college.

No worries. It's not like you won't have a stacked team with the rosters we're using.

My girlfriend sprung on me this morning that she is going for her ultrasound today which I promised I would go to. It was supposed to be for tomorrow but she changed it for today without letting me know. It's at 2:30PM PDT so I should be back in plenty of time unless the kid has a second head or something. Just giving a heads up.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

jabro posted:

My girlfriend sprung on me this morning that she is going for her ultrasound today which I promised I would go to. It was supposed to be for tomorrow but she changed it for today without letting me know. It's at 2:30PM PDT so I should be back in plenty of time unless the kid has a second head or something. Just giving a heads up.

Congrats!!! Unless it has a second head... then I will delete this post

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
If I'm slightly late, can I start on autodraft and then take over manually?

Edit: irrelevant, I am home on time.

Dr Geek fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 19, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

JackssWastedLife posted:

Congrats!!! Unless it has a second head... then I will delete this post

I'd leave the post up~~~~

I'll be late or autodrafted probably. CPU probably do a better job anyway.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'll be on time

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

No carnival career for my kid. Batting 4 for 4. Draft is in an hour.

Edit: With only 6 teams I think this is one autodraft you won't have to worry about. The lowest rated player taken might be a 97. There is a good chance that even your beloved Puckett will be on the free agent wire for you to pick up.

jabro fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 19, 2014

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

jabro posted:

No carnival career for my kid. Batting 4 for 4. Draft is in an hour.

Edit: With only 6 teams I think this is one autodraft you won't have to worry about. The lowest rated player taken might be a 97. There is a good chance that even your beloved Puckett will be on the free agent wire for you to pick up.

ssshhhhh I want to see him go number 1

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

The lowest rated player taken might be a 97.

Lol is the all strikeouts all dingers roster?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
why has the draft already started?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

No clue. I didn't start it. It also has me listed as the Mets when i picked the Astros.

Edit: It just arbitrarily just started for the hell of it? it's on round 13 so it started like 15 minutes ago or something on its own.

Edit2: And there is no way to stop it when it starts. No commish controls whatsoever.

jabro fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 19, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Welcome to The Show online league modes. AKA poo poo.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

davecrazy posted:

Welcome to The Show online league modes. AKA poo poo.

I'd hate to say it but EA is leagues better than this.

Edit: My mic is screwed up. I've been talking and thinking you guys were just dicks.

Edit: Draft is done. Revel in your stacked teams.

jabro fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 19, 2014

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Trip report - online is improved except a few wierd throwing behaviors from outfielders. GG blue jays!

E: and hilarious rtts fielding errors

Dubious fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 19, 2014

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
GG Reds. can't believe I got that luck rear end homer

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Dubious posted:

Trip report - online is improved except a few wierd throwing behaviors from outfielders. GG blue jays!

E: and hilarious rtts fielding errors

Head to Head online hasn't been as bad since the patch back in July, but the league stuff is still broken as gently caress.

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
Anyone wanna play tonight? I'll be around tonight. Unclecaveman69/Blue Jays

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dr Geek posted:

Anyone wanna play tonight? I'll be around tonight. Unclecaveman69/Blue Jays

I would love to but we only had 1 game and it's already played. Anyone else on I'd be up for a game.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
if either of you guys are still up ill play

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007

Metapod posted:

if either of you guys are still up ill play

Send me an invite, unclecaveman69. Just playing a game of TLOU right now but I'm down for some MLB righy after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i think you have to be playing the show to send an invite or i just don't know how to do it

• Locked thread