Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007

Metapod posted:

i think you have to be playing the show to send an invite or i just don't know how to do it

I'm switching over to mlb the show right now, try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
sent

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Anybody want to play today?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Ever since I got called up the majors a week ago (in game) I've beaned a pitcher with batted bats like 4 times :getin:

Edit: I've been in the majors for like a week and they traded me already? I had a .300 BA. The whole point was to play for the Dodgers. I don't want to for the loving Twins :colbert:. This sucks!

skooma512 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Aug 25, 2014

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
What settings are considered "normal" in this game in terms of pitching/hitting?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

skooma512 posted:

Ever since I got called up the majors a week ago (in game) I've beaned a pitcher with batted bats like 4 times :getin:

Edit: I've been in the majors for like a week and they traded me already? I had a .300 BA. The whole point was to play for the Dodgers. I don't want to for the loving Twins :colbert:. This sucks!

I was the Twins .369 hitting, 66 dinger 120 RBI 38 SB CF, won them a World Series, and those motherfuckers won't pay me more than 500k a year :mad:

It's like Terry Ryan lives in this game

Beat the Dodgers in the series too :smug:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

Anybody want to play today?

Mariners will be available Monday night for a game or two

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
^ready when you are

Bonham
Aug 14, 2009

Kill! Kill! Kill!

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

What settings are considered "normal" in this game in terms of pitching/hitting?

Dynamic all the way

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Has anyone been able to complete a game? I've had 3 in a row lose connection on me since yesterday....

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007

Lockback posted:

Has anyone been able to complete a game? I've had 3 in a row lose connection on me since yesterday....

Mine all completed fine, although that was back on draft day. Does anyone wanna play the Blue Jays tonight? Send an invite to unclecaveman69 if you do.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
When you have a hit streak going it is so satisfying to get an extra base hit when the game chooses to pinch hit you.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
That is so drat true. It's like "No, gently caress you, stupid game. I jacked a homer and ruined your fun of replacing the pitcher with me when we're losing 9-1 in the 7th."

I'm on the Padres so we're always losing 9-1 in the 7th :suicide:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Dr Geek posted:

Mine all completed fine, although that was back on draft day. Does anyone wanna play the Blue Jays tonight? Send an invite to unclecaveman69 if you do.

I've been playing Destiny a lot, but if any of you see me on, message me and I'll switch over. I think you and I still have a game to play maybe? I got 2 or 3 in when we first started but haven't hooked up with anyone since.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I made an RttS guy and used the 40k worth of Show Bucks I had to buy training points.

He got drafted 4th overall and went strait from AA to the Majors in a month.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
After spending 2 and a half years in the majors, my RTTS guy hit 49 home runs and won the MVP. So the offseason starts and the Orioles front office offers me a whopping 850k salary for the next year and laughed at me when I asked for a measly 5 million. Luckily I was arb eligible and ended up getting my way, I even reloaded the game and got away with a 10 million dollar salary. I wanted to see how much more I could have gotten but I didn't feel like reloading the game over and over again. Pretty cool though since this is the first player I've had since playing these games that I've bothered to use long enough to get arbitration.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
I simmed the 1st season and the Cubs offered my All-Star Rookie of the Year CF 6yrs 10 million off his rookie contract.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Derek Jeter got a walk off single.

After reading in this thread that beaning fan favorite players is a great way to grief people in this game, I started up the game specifically to bean him.

This evolves into trying to get every pitcher on the Orioles kicked out of the game. I got the whole bullpen kicked out, but then the game just let me bring in starting pitchers.

Is it possible to get every pitcher you have kicked out? What happens then?

Also, it may be a bit of a cheat to be able to bring in starters as a sub. You could conceivably wait till you have 2 outs, bean or almost bean 3 guys, strike out the last one. You don't concede any runs this way and eventually you can get another starter in.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

To anyone who bought the game digitally - do you have to keep the game open to finish installing/downloading? Or if I leave my PS4 idle will it do it?

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Just put the PS4 in standby mode and it'll be done overnight.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Being on the Cubs in RttS is the worst. 13.5 out in June.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

Being on the Cubs in RttS is the worst. 13.5 out in June.

I carried the Twins to a WS appearance in RTTS with a 20 dollar decked out CF, and to me that means I beat the game.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
I don't like it in AA when I'm pitching and a horrific inning happens and I'm not taken out of the game. IRL I would run off the field, sit my rear end on the bench and hang my head in shame because I have zero control and confidence at that point. Still a great game though :)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Dubious posted:

I carried the Twins to a WS appearance in RTTS with a 20 dollar decked out CF, and to me that means I beat the game.

My guy is hitting .380 with 22 HR...a week before the all star break and the Cubs are still 10 games under .500.

I'm glad your RttS guy carries over from year to year, cause maybe by the time The Show '15 comes out I'll have played enough seasons for the Cubs to become good. Or get traded sign as a FA somewhere better.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So I kinda just had the game of my life just now. I made a fantasy team where my first four game picked were pitched. Jose Fernandez, Garrett Richards, Geritt Cole, and Sonny Gray. I just pitched a perfect game with Garrett Richards.

I wasn't thinking and I didn't save the entire game, I really should have, but I still have the box score sitting there. I guess i'll have to take a picture of it and treasure it forever.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

OK, played the whole season RttS on All-Star, no simming. Rookie year, 18yr old.

40k worth of stubs put into training points makes you a god.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 6, 2014

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
So I'm not a console person but I love baseball games. I really want to play this game but I'm not willing to buy a PS4 for it. Is the vita or PS3 version okay? I might be able to borrow a friends PS3, or buy my own vita or one of those new fangled PlayStation TV things.

drat I wish this game was released on PC.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Edit: Whoa, thought this was the NBA Thread.

Vita version is pretty good, I had some fun with it. The myplayer is identical to PS4.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 17, 2014

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
When will we start hearing about 15?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

When will we start hearing about 15?

They usually start teasing next years around now, with more significant info dropped after New Years.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

They're starting to ramp up the teasers for MLB 15. Cover reveal comes this Friday. As soon as their is enough info about the game I'll make a new thread.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
MLB The Show 15 - Online Leagues Still Won't Work

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I can't wait for Nike™ The Video Game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO57T87WHaQ

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I wasn't going to buy this game, but now that they have licensed brands and equipment, I'm in.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

You could make your RttS guy have a Nike pro-combat undershirt in this years version!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Literally every other big sports game has had that for at least 6 years. Also, what davecrazy said.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That's not the point. The point is that was their sole selling point during the keynote and this weekend in Vegas. They talked about nothing else except for a few off-handed comments on other things. This is the biggest feature for next season's game. Not hey, we fixed the multiplayer or anything else. They are touting licensed gear you will never see after creating your guy.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I am very impressed with their synergistic vision.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
I just bought a vita solely for The Show. Now, while I wait for 15 to come out, should I pick up one of the older ones? Obviously 14 would be best, but it's like $23 bucks everywhere I look. I'll wait till it drops a bit. I see 12 for $6 and 13 for $11.... Which should I go for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Drunk Tomato posted:

I just bought a vita solely for The Show. Now, while I wait for 15 to come out, should I pick up one of the older ones? Obviously 14 would be best, but it's like $23 bucks everywhere I look. I'll wait till it drops a bit. I see 12 for $6 and 13 for $11.... Which should I go for?

14. You can continue your RTTS guy into 15.

• Locked thread