Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Everything about this game sounds amazing. I'm all in for a Day 1 purchase. Being able to transfer saves to the next years game is something that I hope every sports series catch on to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

The level of detail on PS4 is amazing. Also its crazy how blurry the PS3 version looks in comparison. I guess its impossible to notice until you see something in comparison.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
The player models and lighting look amazing. Also I really like the look of the UI in this years game.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
So how much of a commitment is a goon league? I work 4 or 5 nights a week and would love to join a league. Just wondering how often games have to be played?

Also any news about reloading?

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 5, 2014

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

davecrazy posted:

I can't imagine it would be more then a game or two a week.

We'll see. I'm fully expecting a lot of people to be all "Yeah I wan't in!!!" and then a week in half of them will stop playing their games.

Well if its only that much a week I'm in for sure. I'm going to strikeout so much and its going to be awesome.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

davecrazy posted:

Instead of divisions I'm leaning towards a round robin where everybody plays everybody else once or twice. It'll be quicker per season and everybody will get to play everybody else instead of having 2-3 games against the same 4-5 people.

We use real teams, if their are a lot of people then somebody will get stuck with the Astros, them the breaks. Thing about The Show unlike say Madden is that player skill *really* impacts the game more then the team ratings. If you can hit, you'll hit with the Rangers or with the Diamondbacks. If you know how to pitch then even with a 5th starter you can toss a good game. Of course its easier if you have all the good players, but even if all your dudes are rated in the 50's if your better then the guy with the Red Sox or whatever you'll still have a good chance to win the game.

How are teams actually chosen because I realize that there will be teams that more then one person wants?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Hekk posted:

One of the Devs (L1vingston) is streaming on Twitch right now. Kind of a combo play/Q&A stream going on that might be worth watching if you are bored.

He's going over what Diamond Dynasty is right now if anyone wants to see the game mode.

Apparently instead of selling all your cards you can choose to recycle some of them together and it generates a new card.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 5, 2014

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
IF you can play exhibitions while downloading I will stream at midnight if possible. I'll post a link here.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'll be streaming once the exhibition mode is available. http://www.twitch.tv/radvaltar

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Just woke up and still no download, I assume its still broken?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'll take the Indians if not already taken my PSN is RadValtar.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

davecrazy posted:

Teams left so far:
Arizona Diamondbacks
Houston Astros
Kansas City Royals
Milwaukee Brewers
Philadelphia Phillies
Pittsburgh Pirates
Tampa Bay Rays

Holy hell I thought we might fill up half the league. This is going to own so hard.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Firing up the game for the first time and doing some late night streaming. Might try Diamond Dynasty or RttS who knows.

http://www.twitch.tv/radvaltar

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
My game is at 66% install when I fired up the game over an hour ago what in the world is taking so long.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 7, 2014

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I downloaded the game at 4 PM, left for work and comeback 12 hours later and it only installed 66%. Thats seems like a bit too long.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
A little afternoon streaming. http://www.twitch.tv/radvaltar

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Streaming some RttS. http://www.twitch.tv/radvaltar

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Lockback posted:

Diamond dynasty is a ridiculously fun game mode. The show is probably just going to be a 3rd baseman and fantasy collectable card game for me and that's just fine.

Are you having problems with the menus in Diamond Dynasty? Mine take a good 30 seconds to load making it tedious to do anything.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
You could also turn down the pitch speed a tad just to get use to seeing the ball coming in. I also usually try and track the ball with the left analog stick even when I don't swing just to get use to it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Streaming time: http://www.twitch.tv/radvaltar

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
So with Diamond Dynasty is it better to train up your players or to just buy packs to get better players? It seems like its better to get Dynasty players and work in a few MLB players at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
So in my franchise just about everyone of my solid hits seems to either be a line drive right at an outfielder or a deep fly ball, which option do I need to mess with to make increase the amount of hits I get from good swings?

• Locked thread