Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'll be getting this and a PS4 on Tuesday. I'm not sure if I want to participate in a goon league though, I usually start off pretty active but like halfway through I always end up not playing anymore. It's not a matter of not wanting to play anymore, sometimes I just don't do well with having to get so many games in in a certain amount of time. I will definitely be down to play you guys in a individual games though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Alright I guess I'll play in the league as well. At this point we should shoot for 30 teams.

PSN: jingleheimer7
Team: White Sox

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Apparently the game won't let you make a catcher that throws left handed. I understand why there aren't any MLB catchers in real life that throw lefty, I just find it interesting that the game won't let you do it either.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
It's good to know that you can still hit a line drive right into the pitcher's ankle and he'll just pick it up and throw to first without flinching. It's okay though because I definitely didn't need that RBI base hit up the middle or anything.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Whenever I find myself in a groove of wanting to mash every pitch I take a step back and watch a couple pitches. The only thing frustrating about this is that those first pitches I was swinging at before that were borderline suddenly become meatballs over the middle of the plate. It's like the game somehow knows when I decide to definitely not swing at a pitch.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Yeah it's frustrating when the game puts you in to pinch hit when you have a 10+ hit streak going and you don't get a hit. But oh man it is so satisfying when instead you get a pinch hit triple to keep the streak going.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

My RTTS shortstop got drafted by the Marlins. I batted .230 in AA for a month, got promoted to AAA and batted .190 playing 1B for 3 weeks, then got the call for the Marlins to start at short. I guess they're really desperate for shortstops :psyduck:

My right fielder got drafted by the Nats, and they couldn't even call me up to AAA after a full year of hitting .400/.420/.750. They instead called up my main competition probably because had more walks and steals. I am now starting my second year in AA and I guess I'll just continue to mash and rack up the points.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Dubious posted:

E: Cycle talk, I hit for the cycle with Trevor Plouffe in my Franchise and was disappointed there was no trophy for it.

Well I for one would be surprised if there was a trophy for hitting the cycle with Trevor Plouffe. Seriously though, isn't there a trophy for doing something like that with Mike Trout?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My first year I hit .366 in AA and shortly get called up to AAA and hit .340 the rest of the year. Apparently that wasn't good enough because in year 2 I have to play in AA again. Oh well, I guess I'll just mash the ball and collect easy points until my inevitable call up.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I figured I needed to take a break from the game for a little while since my guy in RTTS is apparently the video game version of Mike Olt. I like hitting dingers but it would be nice to actually get on base every once in a while.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
When you have a hit streak going it is so satisfying to get an extra base hit when the game chooses to pinch hit you.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
After spending 2 and a half years in the majors, my RTTS guy hit 49 home runs and won the MVP. So the offseason starts and the Orioles front office offers me a whopping 850k salary for the next year and laughed at me when I asked for a measly 5 million. Luckily I was arb eligible and ended up getting my way, I even reloaded the game and got away with a 10 million dollar salary. I wanted to see how much more I could have gotten but I didn't feel like reloading the game over and over again. Pretty cool though since this is the first player I've had since playing these games that I've bothered to use long enough to get arbitration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The strangest thing just happened in my RTTS game. There were guys on first and second and I hit what should have been a double into the gap in right center, but for some reason both runners decided to not start moving until the center fielder got to the ball and picked it up. He ended up throwing out the guy at second and I had to stay at first. It got scored as a fielder's choice and it would have ruined my hit streak if I hadn't hit a single in the 9th.

It was just a bizarre thing to see. It wasn't like the runners were watching and waiting to see if the ball would be caught (which still would have been weird since it was a line drive that no one had a chance to get to), I got to first base and both runners were still standing there in their leadoff positions. I assume it was just some kind of glitch but it was definitely the oddest thing I've seen in this game.

• Locked thread