Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Tiggum posted:

I love the fact that the Malkavian male seems to have thought he was in Saints Row. Brujah and Gangrel are just really boring.

That last hat even has floppy physics. Malk runs are the best. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Kick his rear end, sea bass.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

:suspense:
Closest vote yet.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

I finally have an explanation for why Minsc was some bizarre ranger kit with barbarian rage. :aaaaa:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Shugojin posted:

Well that's fitting since the book monster was very intelligent. He was only ever incomprehensible because he hadn't learned language yet.

I mean he was pretty angry as gently caress but eh, that's a story of justified anger but the wrong target.

IIRC, the original Frankenstein's Monster was even used in one of the start-of-chapter flavor stories. Him living near Centralia, PA is implied to be the reason the coal fire went so far out of control.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Tehan posted:

Unlike the Vampires or Mages, they don't have to figure out what to do with their power because they know drat well why they have said power. Unlike the werecritters, there's no arguing about what needs to be done because they can just go ask Ma'at. Their watches play the Go Go Power Rangers tune and they drop whatever they're doing in their real lives (because they can, and do, pass for regular people when they're not off fighting evil) and they go fight the forces of evil. Less angst about ambiguity of purpose, more overdone kung-fu and punching giant evil monsters in the dick.

Arguably Set was Lord Zed, but he was killed by a werewolf a couple thousand years ago. The Followers are Set are definitely the henchmen in this parallel. Bane Mummies are Tommy, the Green Ranger.

I am suddenly 100% sold on this setting.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

I don't think I've ever beat Chastity on my first try in any playthrough. I'm not sure if it's because I don't build toward combat until later in the game, or if I just always forget how fast and hard-hitting she is, but it always takes 2-3 tries for me to take her out.

e: Ahahahahaha I've never seen that stripper dance part before. Is that a Wesp addition? *Sway sway sway* DANCE OVER GO HOME.

TheRagamuffin fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 24, 2014

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

gatz posted:

By the way, everyone, please go ahead and keep discussing White Wolf lore. I don't mean to derail the discussion with an update (that sounds weird posting in my own thread, but still, you know what I mean).

This whole thread has been amazing, and there's no way the archived version will ever do the original justice.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

I've always allied with it before, so I'm curious to see what happens when you kill it.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

"Hm, yes. A turnstile needs to go here."
-Wesp

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

TheMcD posted:

Once we turn the pumps on, we only have a small window of time to make it all the way to the end of the pipe before the fan turns on and blocks us.

I think the wesp mod actually makes this "puzzle" easier. I remember in my first playthrough it took me several tries to make it through the pipe before the pump started back up, but the last time I played with the plus patch on, I actually had to wait a while in the chamber at the end for it to start filling back up.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

You can actually outrun the monstrosities in the the last section as long as you don't get trapped, that's what I did with my Blood Shielded Tremere.

This. If you know the route ahead of time, I definitely recommend just running through the whole thing and disregarding all monsters. Especially if you have Celerity.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

First thing that came to mind:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

IMJack posted:

Did Wesp remove the big reward for the Hengeyokai quest? The magic katana that will carry you through the endgame if you have any melee skill to speak of?

I think he just moved it elsewhere.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

TheMcD posted:

There's also this piece of art depicting the Ankaran Sarcophagus. Seems like the Society has been doing quite a lot of research on this matter themselves.

I wonder what the real life source of this picture is, because it certainly doesn't look anything like the sarcophagus' in-game model.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

F-1 every time.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Erwin the German posted:

I've never really had a theory for who our friend is; my gut has always been Jack, but I'd agree that it just doesn't seem like his gig. Way too subtle for him... but who knows, maybe he has his moments of subtlety.

Is there a breakdown somewhere of what events each email is sent after/who each email is about? That might give us a better idea of who it isn't, at any rate. I agree that Jack is unlikely, though. Was trying to think of who the most skilled manipulators in the game are. Gary, maybe?

e: ^^^^^^^ Welp. ^^^^^^^

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

Tiggum posted:

The idea that he actually is Melissa is also great (and could still fit in with the emails, you may be sending them to yourself and not realise), but is a bit less plausible. I do like how it explains Melissa's ridiculous power level though.

This is now my headcanon for Malk playthroughs. :aaaaa:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

I'm actually a little sad I voted for the gently caress everything ending now. The Camarilla/Raiders of the Lost Ark ending is pretty rad, and I'd never seen it before.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

I uh, don't think that's a real phone number, Skype....

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

TheMcD posted:

Alright, so going forward, it will be narrative narration with OOC mod commentary. And judging by what I'm going through right now, there will be a good bit of bitching in this update.

I'm currently recording the next part and am at the Society of Leopold. Apparently, the developers of the mod thought it to be smart to wall off one of the ways you could get to an entrance, practically forcing me through combat. Also, apparently, there's some guy with a long distance flame thrower or rocket launcher on the roof. I'm not entirely sure, all I know is that one second I was undead and well with full health, then I saw a whole bunch of flame fly towards my direction from the roof, then I was dead, and this was after spending three minutes kiting a whole bunch of ground troops back to be able to deal with them one by one. Bah, this mod. Here I thought I was reaching the point where I had a good character build for the endgame, and then it just kicks me right in the dick again.

EDIT: Video footage of the event here: [snip for space]

Note that I always record without sound, since I play my own music while recording.

How do people defend this mod?

HOW? :psyduck:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

TheMcD posted:

And to cap things off, he gets the last laugh as the second grenade trap blows Victoria head-first into the ceiling. Still not dead, though, and that's all that counts.

I can't help but imagine this happening with a cartoon *bonk* sound effect.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

OAquinas posted:

Wonder if they just got the idea from playing San Andreas a bunch. The RC bomb levels were kinda fun...less so if you're receiving and can't shoot them for reasons though.

I'm betting the only reason is they couldn't figure out how to code it, but had too much code done to just scrap the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

You are a goddamn hero, TheMcD. This thread has been one hell of a ride.

• Locked thread