Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I just wanna say these info dumps are pretty damned interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm not sure that the permanent erect nipples on heather isn't just a plus patch / wesp thing. I dont remember being able to cut glass with heathers nipples in my original runthrough the game.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

TheMcD posted:

So, I just spend some extended time listening to the soundtrack and the Deb of Night show, and I'm not sure if this has been discussed before or not, but I'll just ask anyway:

Deb - Kindred or Kine? The main discussion point for this question comes in the fifth and final part of her show, which we haven't gotten to yet, but still, there's a few minor points worth bringing up in the previous bits, most notably the caller talking about the Final Nights, who directly namedropped a few key words when it comes to Gehenna. Now, is Deb's calm dismissal of that guy the standard radio personality "oh hey, it's another crazy guy, only the fiftieth this evening" routine, or is she specifically playing those supernatural things down to keep the Kine believing that those things are just superstition, when they're actually real as can be?

Personally, I'd say she's a ghoul working with the Nosferatu as part of their intelligence network - after all, disinformation can be just as valuable as actual information, and every once in a while, something interesting comes up they'd want to know about, so you might as well get it right from the source. And while it might be a stretch, note that after that call, she immediately cuts to commercials. Is that because she needs to tell somebody about this? It's worth thinking about, at least, and the theory gains a lot more weight in the final part of the show.

I'm pretty sure the theory is that she's kindred - you don't really need to look any further than her reaction to Gomez's revealing the vampiric truth live on air, to see what amounts to a panic. she usually tolerates his supernatural conspiracy theories, but she cuts him off early and goes to a break. From memory he doesn't call back in episode 6, which is the final one, implying he's been killed for breaking the masquerade

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Both videos worked fine for me.

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the LP anymore though, I'm enjoying reading it though.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tiggum posted:

I've not played Baldur's Gate 2, what happens if you prioritise side-quests? Also, are there people who don't do this? In a lot of games it's essentially mandatory as progressing the main quest can lock you out of side quests you haven't done yet.

There's honestly over a hundred side quests, taking you to a lot of areas you don't need to visit.

Also, many of them have rather strict time limits from when you pick them up, and failure to complete them can result in party members up and leaving, or worse, going hostile.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Captain Oblivious posted:

You're thinking of Baldur's Gate 1.

Very, very few things in Baldur's Gate 2 have a time limit, let alone a strict one.

And 99% of them are in The Underdark

Pretty much all the directly time limited questlines are those related to your companions.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

FWIW, I'd vote Ally.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

citybeatnik posted:

I think I speak for most of us when I admit that I just no-clipped my way through those loving sewers jesus loving christ.

You certainly speak for me. I was warned well in advance that the sewers are the worst part of the game, so I straight up noclipped that poo poo.

I don't think anyone would hold it against you to have your character achieve a short state of vampiric transcendence just long enough to push you through the sewers and then lose it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Vicissitude posted:

Yes, they have blood just like any other mortal creature. Getting it out of them might be difficult depending on the extent of the body mods done to them by the Tzimisce who did the work. I mean, take a look a the Cathedral of Flesh. Well, if you can find it. It disappeared centuries ago. And there's evidence to support the idea that it literally got up and walked away.

Elaborate on that one please.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Scene: late at night, a stoner takes a drag of a particularly potent herb. In the distance, he hears scurrying, as though a million rats were running across grass. Curious he looks out into the distance and in the light of the full moon, spies a giant church of flesh scuttling along the ground, crab like.

He continues to stare as it moves over the horizon, before eventually putting down his wrap and swearing off ever smoking again.

Somewhere in hollywood, a writer feels fulfilled for some reason, and he doesn't know why.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I might toss in a vote for

Side with the Strauss.

Deb - Vampire - I vaguely remember listening to the audio a long time ago, and she basically cuts him off as she's got something she needs to take care of. Gomez, probably.

Voermans - Tyrone's theory is how I've always seen it.

Sire - Dead. Don't we see him staked and executed at the start?

Graut - Always thought he was dead. Theory he's still alive could work, but it also could not.

Friend - Either Gary, or Graut if he's still alive

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Congrats on the hard work and enjoyable LP.

Has anyone played this mod before? Is it any good? It's being marketted as an "expansion" to the basegame

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/12/vampire-bloodlines-antitribu-final-nights/

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Pierzak posted:

Congrats on finishing the LP with style! :toot:

So, how many endings are original and which one are Wesp/modified by Wesp?

From memory the only ones he added were the werewolf ending and the Sabbat ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jesus tittyfucking christ, whos bright idea was this mod, and can w etry them at the hague?

Great job both of you. looking forward to your next LP

• Locked thread