Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
How easily can you overcome a one in a physical stat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

rizzen posted:

Yeah, another goal would really help put it the game out of reach for them. Put them to the sword!

Or better yet The Cannon :black101:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Those sound like excellent reasons to kick him up to the Premier League.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
It just seems like the weirdest hateboner to have. He's not an rear end in a top hat, so why all the hate?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
How likely do you think it is that Wrexham would be forced back down immediately after back to back promotions?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Bailey for cushy football staff position no matter how useless he is!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Actually, if Bailey doesn't turn into a coach or similar, I request that one of the future board members be renamed to Justin Bailey.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

blakout posted:

Just finished catching up on the thread the last few days. Thank you so much for doing this glory to wrexham and the American Jose Mourinho.

I eagerly await his war of words with alt-universe Mourinho.

Actually, that's a request: who is alt-Mourinho and how's he doing?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Sudoku posted:

I'm going to guess a little more optimistic and say 14th.

I still find myself just a little confused about "where" we are in the grand scheme of football (blame being an uneducated yankee who calls it soccer by default). After this is the Premier League, then Europa League, then Champion's League?

After this is the Premier League. If Wrexham does well enough (i.e. fifth place, wins the FA Cup or Football League Cup) they get to play in the Europa League. If they do really well and get one of the top four places in the League, they can play in the Champions League (the exception is if they won the Champions League but failed to finish in the top four in the Premier, in which case they play in the Champions League and the fourth place team is bumped down to Europa).

e: also there's some more stuff about the Europa League I think but gently caress if I can recall it.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Why are games only aired one at a time? Is it a case of the Premier League requiring another billion in order to air the other simultaneous games on a separate channel?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
So how is Tackleford doing at this point in the season?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Too late to throw my hat in the ring, but here's a bizarre not-quite-ad from Mitch McConnell that's basically every 'politician working for his constituency' cliche stuffed into two minutes, "soundtracked to something that sounds like an unholy merger of Imagine Dragons and Sigur Rós." [source].

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
So how much is playing a teenager too much?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

tomanton posted:

Question! This LP got me to try and make a team in the FM Editor from scratch but a few things are slightly wonky:

- U18 squad is not in any league, other teams challenge them to friendlies now and then but they aren't getting regular action
- Stadium appears to be built in the middle of a farmer's field. There are a couple cottages nearby but otherwise no sign of roads or infrastructure of any kind
- The press hates my team and always predicts they will lose heavily, even against amateur non-Conference clubs. This greatly upsets my players and stresses them out, until I whisper the magic words "no pressure" at which point morale skyrockets and they go out and crush the other team by 3+ goals

There's no FM thread in Games last I checked so I bring this here, if anyone knows what I should do/not do to iron out these wrinkles I'd appreciate it.

The FM thread is in The Ray Parlour here. They tend to be very helpful.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Plus remember that a 2.5 star Bailey might win all the European awards anyway.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

rizzen posted:

Why not just give him a CA/PA injection of 20 points or something? That might be a bit better than having him Hulk out and destroy the game.

Watching alt-universe Bailey destroy the game would be kinda fun to watch though. MANUALLY SAVE, then sim through a season or two with the new stats?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
We really need to hulk up Will Brown, have him join with Tackleford and hope he gets capped for another nation. Please do that, person who wins the next boon.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
One restriction I'd like to suggest is that Habeas not be allowed to buy any of the players sold off by Arsenal, and that Arsenal fail to be able to pay for the players it bought from him. Hurting such a major rival would help us too much if we were allowed to take advantage of it.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I still say that you should boost Brown Fils's stats and make him join our rivals in a "gently caress YOU DAD" gesture.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I'm curious: what's the return on investment been for the homegrown youth? Most of the profitable sales I can remember have been the result of speculative investments Brown made after regen.

As for the voting: We're nowhere near a dire situation yet, will be having increased revenue, decreased wages and our best financial investment is investing in continued success to grow our team value. That said, if Thiago continues his slump selling a nearly 30 year old striker in his prime would give a huge benefit to the bottom line if we could find a comparable replacement (a very large question mark).

200 million, A (actually more like E: sell at discretion if good deals can be had, especially Thiago, but no need to sell if no quality replacements are found), C, B.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Sicke posted:

Name the stadium The God King's Playground

I was going to go for Court, but this works.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I don't think this should be a boon, just something that should be changed posthaste: make Mujkic a legend :colbert:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
But what about the USA farm team? Just sim the seasons but keep developing Americans!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

habeasdorkus posted:

Oh, I'm not leaving the US team. Just Wrexham. And even if I somehow drag the USA to victory in the 2030 World Cup and there are truly no more worlds to conquer, there will be an extended denouement.

That's what I mean, keep at Wrexham to develop American prospects. Don't leave yourself at the mercy of MLS!

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

The Sandman posted:

Why not just take over an MLS team and handle things personally?

Better facilities and coaches, better competition.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
B. The Brown/Williams partnership is too important for Brown's LegacyTeam USA.

Whatever Brown thinks he needs to help Team USA.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Dias posted:

Hey, I got the boon! Yaaaay!

...I have no idea what to do with it tho. Maybe Scott Brown would enjoy a tropical landscape? I'll have to think about it.

Make Bailey the Assistant Manager for the USMNT, give him great AM stats.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

The Sandman posted:

Turn the Son of Brown into a wonderkid.

He's capped for England though so screw that traitor.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

habeasdorkus posted:

Will Brown's not capped for England. He was called up for their U19's on one occasion, but didn't get into the match. Even if he had gotten a youth cap, players aren't declared for a nation until they play a competitive senior team match for that nation. That's how striker Diego Costa earned two caps for Brazil, in friendlies against Italy and Russia, before switching to Spain after getting Spanish citizenship in 2013 and playing for them in the World Cup.

Thanks for correcting me. In that case Will Brown Superstar would be kinda cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

habeasdorkus posted:

Btw, going through the numbers I just want to reiterate that the Unsal deal was SO SO BAD.

I purchased £348m in players over my years at Wrexham. A full £100m of that was Unsal. Ugh. And he was sold at a £75m loss. No wonder we ran into a fiscal pinch.

Were there clues that should have clued you in to him being a waste of money that you ignored?

• Locked thread