Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

habeasdorkus posted:

I didn't have a choice! The board came back with one option, and overrode me when I chose not to recommend them.

It would appear that the board in Football Manager 2014 is like boards in real life: full of uncooperative assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

With the way things are going you'll get that promotion despite the lack of high-profile signings. It doesn't matter if you can't get Beckham when you are winning the FIFA cup anyway.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

C cause The way things are is getting kinda dull, and I guess I am the only one that doesn't like Goon participation. It can lead to some hilarious poo poo, but it will probably drive you insane.

And C sounds like fun!

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

I'm fairly sure someone who made the draw doesn't want USA to win. It's Ghana, who sent the US packing two times in a row, and Portugal and Germany, two of Europe's best, and on top of that, having to travel a grand total of 9000 miles in the process. Also I found this pretty hilarious: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/world-cup-group-draw-united-states/

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

^^^^A Then let's make it less narrow.

These guys are obviously a group of impatient penny-pinching pricks that want to be super dominant right now, without giving you a realistic chance (how can a team be successful with such a lovely pitch?). Screw taking the firing gracefully. Throw these rear end bags under the bus (if you can), and get another job. Besides the odds of this happening again if we choose B is still kinda high.

KDavisJr fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 13, 2013

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

By one rank :colbert:

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

It's time to Enter the Red Dragon.

All signs point to Wrexham. Second highest transfer budget next to Torquay, except Wrexham's Wage budget is bigger, and isn't in debt.

Also the nickname's awesome

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

Yeah go with Wrexham or, in fact, anyone but the loving Turkeys. We only laugh at the Torquay, laugh at the Tooooorquay...

Don't forget Hereford. The Turkeys are a stupid name, but at least it isn't the Lilywhites. Would you want lead a team to the Premier championship with a team named the Lilywhites?

Also if Torquay does avoid Requlation it won't be because they go bankrupt before they do.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Sad I was too late on putting my name in for director. I'd like to be one when there are openings there. I have no qualifications, but I promise to bitch about how the pitch is so lovely, and that our stadium isn't like Wembley Stadium or Azteca. But as long as we aren't the worst in the league, I'm good.

I trust your judgement so choose which Parent club you think is best.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Meanwhile, Colin Standing has gone down and is flopping about like a spavined trout.

Of course he flops. That's how you get possession when you suck. :v:

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Brown looks elated on the sidelines right now, and, yes, I believe he is flipping off the Tackleford fans behind the Wrexham goal. That'll be a fine from the FA.

Stay classy Brown. Stay Classy. :allears:

Also that Wales.co.uk journalist is obviously someone who you pissed off in high school and is still bitter about it.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Goddamnit guys. What kind of board are we? Giving money to a new coach for some stupid reason like "all our good players aren't actually ours". How are we supposed to line our pockets when we blow all our money on stupid poo poo like this? Get it together lads.

We must get better players. When we do, we win more. When we win more, we get more money. (How you think Steinbrenner and the Yankees are some wealthy?)

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

So you're saying we need to get contract with Satan?

Or Fernando Ronaldo. Whoever's available :v:

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

(Assertively) While we are doing ok at this point in time, "ok" isn't enough for YOUR-as well as OUR-lofty expectations of becoming the second coming of Manchester United. As a result we must choose C to improve our scouts, which will improve our knowledge off young talent, the backbone of any dynasty.

(Vengeful, Angry, and Rude) Also we are two points behind Tackleford! We must CRUSH THOSE BUGGERS WHO WERE FOOLISH TO FIRE YOU!!!!:argh:

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

(Assertively) Something is wrong with this picture

(Assertively) Can you tell me what it is?

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

Hey, Tackleford has more money and more talent than any other team in our league! That they're not 10 points up on everyone else is a sign of how terrible the current manager is! I built a goddamned lower league juggernaut.

Which is why I'll be surprised if we win promotion, since we'll probably have to go through them to earn it.

And if you mean Luton being atop the league, don't worry. I'm sure they'll gently caress up soon.

Actually meant Tackleford, but I forgot the new manager has your talent to work with. I'm sure you'll make the Red Dragons a powerhouse as well eventually.

It's okay if you aren't the best as long as you're getting better if at least a little.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

(Assertively) I don't care if you score a hundred goals or one as long as you win. :colbert:

Still it's early in the season and the expectations aren't very high. I expect that things will get better soon. (still kinda sucks that Tackleford's like at the top of the league :argh:).

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

True, Calvin. So very true. By the way, Calvin would be somewhere between 22 and 32 years old today. How's that for making you feel old?

Ugh, I'm trying to get over the fact that I remember playing the Sega Genesis! It's bad enough my mom thinks she saw a gray hair in my head...

(cautiously) Also I don't think the 4-2-3-1 is working.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

(Realistically) Getting shut out was painful to watch, especially at home, especially by six goals, especially by loving Tackleford! But...they are the best team in the league by points, and we are an injured club. At full strength this would have been much closer.

A painful loss, but even more painful that we really didn't have much of a chance here, with Tackleford cos-playing as the New York Yankees.

(Angry) But you do realize you must make them pay for this!!!

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

beru04 posted:

*Plays Tackleford two days after Accrington*

Uncrowded... except for the biggest one!

(Paranoid) Like I said! The schedulers set us up to lose! :tinfoil:

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

On a non-town name note, your guys are finally starting to play like an actual League 2 team. Did our guys finally just gel properly? Or was it the tactics switch that did it?

Also, if reelected, I promise that the Goon Squad will be hard at drink every night until we come up with a cheer for Wrexham that's even 1/10th as amazing as this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17mJgQkZX9U

If the Goon Squad listens to some Wu-Tang Clan they might.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

Goddamn that is a lovely chant.

Just beccause it isn't a tradition Soccer chant doesn't mean it sucks. It's how we Yanks roll. :colbert: I'm not saying "Score the Wrexham Way" or "Wrexham is the Name" sucks, (or is any better). And "We're not Brazil We're Northern Ireland" Is pretty awesome but....that isn't a chant...that's a fight song...

Also:

Dias posted:

Example of...something football chant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qNDon9_82U

Like that is any better.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

I would be perfectly happy to never hear Seven Nation Army or Chelsea Dagger at a football ground ever again, but gently caress's sake yank teams, at least set the former to loving words. What's all this "wo wo wo" poo poo?

Good sir, some of us yanks don't like that "wo wo wo" poo poo either. I can't tell you. Maybe that's the popular thing like Boy Bands and Britney was in the early 00's.

Fortunately that's over

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Q1. 900 is enough of a raise.
Q2. While three is reasonable, you should be happy with a two year extension
Q3. I care little on how you score goals, just score them!
Q4. You wanted some young brats to begin with, well what's stopping you from bringing them in?

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Holt's shots at you were un called for. I have no idea why he was acting like an rear end after you were positive towards him. And he really shouldn't have: if you notice not only he had lost 4 of his last five games, Acrington was outscored, 9 to 1. All of his losses were shut-outs.

However I guess Acrington's lovely performance is why he's acting like that. Is any of his players injured?

Also I would like to put my name in for Team President. I kinda know a bit about Soccer(or Football as it's called i other parts of the world), which says alot more about most owners. What I'd do with a pet dragon is make him happy: by letting him destroy everything that pisses him off. :black101:

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

beru04 posted:

Hooray for slightly better results against Tackleford!

Slightly? Last time Tackleford made us their bitch! It's a much better result! I regret not offering 3 years now.

Next time: We gently caress their poo poo up sideways!!! :black101:

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

TorakFade posted:

If I had a pet dragon, I'd have him eat Bah and take its place as striker. That's if I could get a work permit for it, which I highly doubt.

If you threaten to have the Dragon eat the ones giving work permits I'm sure they will happily oblige!

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Q1. (Calmly) From your own assesment, we expect you to make the promotion playoffs next year

Q2. (Calmly) Your wage budget request off 36k/wk and 50k has been accepted

Q3. (Sternly) Get the coaches and they better be good.

Q4. (Annoyingly) Is this really a question? Relay the loving pitch Wrexham ain't gonna be known for lovely playing conditions!

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Relay the loving pitch this year and every year it is still free and our pitch is still lovely and stop asking me about this because I don't care while someone else is paying.

It doesn't matter if we have to pay. If the Red Dragons are going to conquer the world of Soccer, we can't afford to have lovely pitches.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

habeasdorkus posted:

We obviously need to start selling more jerseys. Maybe we should start stealing designs from the University of Oregon?

No. :colbert:

The Red Dragons deserve better than some jersey from some collegiate american football team called the Ducks.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

I think we found our ace in the hole :clint:

Here's to a nice fat Goal Bonus for Mateo!

This might be a tad far-fetched, but I'm going to say The Red Dragons will go unde-loving-feated:black101:

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

6/15/1997. He was born the day I graduated high school...

Is there something you need to tell us? :raise:

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Hey man, there is nothing wrong with fighting against Breast Cancer, or cancer in general. :colbert:

The Pink does tend to look out of place on a uniform especially when the teams colors don't remotely go well with pink.

habeasdorkus posted:

I can never keep track of which conferences have changed their names to deal with the fact that they're now much bigger. I kind of appreciate my alma mater's division just remaining the Big Ten, even when we end up having 20 teams in a few years. And don't get me started on college basketball conference shifting, I'm lost when it comes to figuring out which 12 teams are in the A10 with my undergrad school. I'm still pissed we don't get to play Temple and Xavier anymore, we don't get to play most of our rivals because they've moved to different conferences.

Also, it's so weird having Nebraska in the Big 10. Nebraska is such a different state from everywhere in the Big 10 except Iowa, although Iowa is basically a hipper version of Nebraska.

At least pro soccer divisions are relatively orderly these days, it's not like the Premier League is going to kick two teams out to add Rangers and Celtic. Meanwhile you have the Big East, originally made up of northeastern US colleges, with teams in friggin California and Utah as members. Sheer madness. It's as if La Liga added Shakhtar Donetsk.

College Conferences have always been confusing. I'm ticked the Big East is breaking up now, cause it's football teams suck.

Hey Notre Dame gonna join a conference now? No? You're just going to play a bunch of ACC teams instead? College Football tend to gently caress up alot of poo poo.

kitwew posted:

If we somehow won the FA cup, then all the better, right?

I believe the ultimate goal is to win it all so yea.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Undefeated in 7 games...that draw against Bury was totally lovely, but you did turn around and out scored them 5 to 1! (you sure did Bury them! :v:) And even without Harrison it looks like you are in good shape for the long run.

But let's focus on promotion. I mean it be awesome if you won the league, but let's get the gently caress out of League Two(we're in League Two right?) and go kick Tackleford's rear end!

Of course this is depending on they aren't nose diving right now and get regulated...

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Transmetropolitan posted:

Greatest description of FM thus far, and I don't doubt that SI will add intrigue in FM2025 with the opportunity to encourage your captain to seduce rival team star player's wife.

But then it turn into Blitz: The League.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

There was a point where you were tanking like crazy, and I think some of us thought a promotion was unlikely.

Now we're 6 points out from the leaders. :allears:

I never lost faith in you!

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Dias posted:

Within reach of the Johnstone's Trophy AND the League 2 championship, and it looks like we might get promoted? I'd be optimistic if years of following soccer didn't teach me that I should always expect the worst. Still, hell of a good run so far.

We're two points out of first! With any luck we could win League 2! Scott Brown for Manager of the Year!

Personally I could care less about Tackleford. They are struggling without Brown, and we are on the rise. Regardless of their success (or lack thereof) we'll mow them over on our way to World Conquest!

Also I think it's a good decision to let Walsh go. With 13 injuries over the past 40 months (granted two were the flu and one was food poisoning), he appears to be injury prone. And injury prone players never become as good as they could be. I believe however that you already know this.

And the Harrison injury is a major hindrance.

KDavisJr fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 6, 2014

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

What crack is Sykes on? :psyduck: Not only is his team is playing like utter poo poo, they got shut out. His comments are probably a good reason why they are as bad as they are. He's going to get fired by years end.

I'll throw my name in to replace Sky Shadowing. I'm from the states, but I can get us known worldwide. After we crush Tackleford like the overachieving peons they are, we will begin to take over the world

Wrexham Ain't Nothing to Fuk Wit!

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

I believe it's obvious Sky Shadowing bribed talked to a few voters. Also you should keep an eye on Watkin. That picture looks...well it has a nostalgic feel...

As to votes

1. A) Fully staff our squad!
2. A) Will it get us wins? Then the answer is ovious.
3. Yea gently caress those guys. Get another club

And Gilligan's a bunch a fuckin hooligans. We really should have won that one.

Jenner posted:

Seriously, someone paid that ref off. 11+ fouls on one side uncalled, one foul on yours jumped on madly. Madness.

It's so obvious, it hurts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

Zip! posted:

TRIPLE A SOCCERBALL

The Americas have Major League Soccer.

There's a connection

I KNEW IT!!!!! :tinfoil:

habeasdorkus posted:

*About refs*

So it's actually possible the refs may have it out for a particular team?

I'm pretty sure that's kinda illegal.

• Locked thread