Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I found the HYPEST thread in SA!

I recently discovered them months ago watching the Scrublords series of videos and the Super Best Friends Brawl videos which I thought were hilarious. Rustlemania was pretty good too. I'm now halfway through Episode 22 of the SBFC and check out their new videos every other day at work. They seem like a bunch of chill guys and I love their passion about all sorts of nerdy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

hoobajoo posted:

You need to watch The Sadness Trilogy, it's probably their seminal work up to his point.

I also love Fighterpedia, but that's how I first found them, and it is really uneven. Still, the loving Weaponlord video defines hypest poo poo.

I never played any of the games in the Sadness Trilogy and avoided those videos due to spoilers, but I'll go ahead and watch them since god only knows when I'll have the time and patience to play them myself.

Fighterpedia was good, too. The best thing I took away from watching their MAGFest panel is that they have future plans for Scrublords. Can't wait.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I wonder if someone thought or buying one of the guys a forums account.

...or would they already have one?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGsUhZoDSHg

"Death smiles at us all. Lolis smile back."

Also, ALL DEM KIT KATS!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Silentman0 posted:

Woolie getting moved to tears was cool, but the loving Starfox 2 cart is what blew my mind. I actually had to look up to see that people do, in fact, make those carts and sell them on Ebay.

Both of those were definitely the best mailbag moments so far, right up there with Liam's package full of glitter.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

hoobajoo posted:

I still love and need Cryme Tyme, though.

I actually played 25 To Life years ago and got a little farther than they did. It plays even worse then they showed.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

What up fuuuuuckerrrs?

Whoa. No way.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

I ate bacon and fruit today! lol

I don't really know what I should say. Um, today's uploads will be 1 hr and 30 mins of Shovel Knight, followed by a Skullgirls fisticuffs.

Looking forward to that. Love watching your videos and listening to the podcast at work. :)

Do the rest of the Zaibatsu have accounts here? I've heard Woolie name drop Lowtax a few times. Tell those fuckers to get on board.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

No, none of them do. I don't believe any of them even visit SA. Adding to their already rich veneer of lameness.

Word. They need to get with the program now that you're here since this place needs more chill people.

I'm sure my e-mail got buried under the insane amount of messages you guys get, but as for suggestions, I sent in a few messages to the superbestfriendcast gmail address saying that I would love to hear you guys discuss your thoughts on the whole situation with emulation, ROMs, copyrights, how some game companies highly guard and enforce their intelluctual properties when they're not even using them, whether you guys prefer ROMs or the actual hardware and software and why, etc. etc. I just find the whole discussion fascinating and think that it would be an interesting topic for the fanbase as a whole.

Have you guys heard of fellow Canadian show Pure Pwnage? Wasn't sure if any of you guys ever watched it or even met and/or collaborated with any of the members.

Also, BRING BACK SCRUBLORDS! That's the series that made me a fan.

Edit: Loving the chaotic commentary on the Shovel Knight vid. I wish they would port this to the XBox One, because I would play the gently caress out of it. Game's like a love letter to most of my favorite NES games.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 28, 2014

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
What the hell is LL and do I even want to know?

Edit:

Wiseblood posted:

Holy poo poo that intro!

No kidding. Hype as all gently caress.

Hahaha the look on Pat and Liam's faces.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 28, 2014

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

havenwaters posted:

It's not that bad. Just some old :filez: board gamefaqs offshoot then they got rid of the piracy stuff and the community started eating itself.

Ah, OK. I can't remember the last time I was on GameFAQs so I had no idea.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

CJacobs posted:

Also there was that time they got two of the seven hundred dollar Gurren Lagann limited edition box sets within a span of 10 minutes. I think that's probably a good cause for saying "you guys are being TOO generous knock that poo poo off"

There were a whole bunch of great Mailbag moments, but that's still the topper. One of them was crazy enough, but my jaw hit the floor when they opened the second one. Like...holy poo poo.

Any hints on the July theme of videos, Matt?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

AXE COP posted:

(it's totally Marvel month tho)

Marvel or 'MURICA games seem to be the most probable answers. You would need a pretty broad series / genre to cover 31 days.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
It would be boss if they came to the northeast in Obama land. I shot a tweet to Matt and Pat I see if they would come to the Too Many Games conference in Philadelphia that just happened, but never got a response. I figure trips like that have to be planned out far in advance for them. Spoony, the Angry Video Game Nerd, and AlphaOmegaSin were there, and if the Zaibatsu showed up, that would have definitely tipped the scales into me buying a ticket and making the 3 hour drive to meet all of them.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

As for cons, I plan out our schedule months in advance, and sadly we cannot go to every single one, and we especially can't afford to or have time to do so. We have rough plans to go to a big american con this year, but I can't say which until it's set in stone.

I figured as much, but appreciate the confirmation. Keep on keepin' on, you crazy fuckers.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Angry Walrus posted:

Meanwhile, the Theme Month has officially started!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWiobaLtNiY

Jesus gently caress. And people say the camera in the early Resident Evil games is bad.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

BrownThunder posted:

"I DON'T THINK THIS GAME IS VERY GOOD!!!" - Pat, 2014

(this should be on the back of many games)

Then that would be on virtually every single game that isn't Dark Souls.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9_lxbTdb5E

"There's like a party in my PlayStation 3 and everyone's throwing up!"

:lol:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Thanks to the latest podcast, horrible memories of that stupid Macy Gray song resurfaced in my mind. Thank goodness I did some cardio at the gym after work where my good music cleansed my palette from the evils of I Try.

And Pat, of ALL the celebrities you could punch...James Hetfield? Really?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

"I have a weird setup, where I tether my phone from 2006 off of the wifi from my sisters tablet, and I use IE and your site does not work! FIX IT!"

gently caress you.

Hahaha, how many inquiries like this have you received? Congratulations to all of you for the website too; looks pretty good so far. Making videos and building a fanbase to the point where you don't have to put up with YouTube's fuckery anymore is The Dream to us content creators.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Depths posted:

They probably yucked up a storm while filming these

These are fantastic, though Pat is my favorite. Man, I hate that plastic wrap so I know how he feels.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Sad Mammal posted:

The Death and Return of Superman is perfectly good beat-em-up fare.

As far as games predominately starring Superman that I've played, this would be my pick.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm sorry, do you demand more than two 30 minute videos a day, a weekly 3 hour podcast, specials, month themes, and site upkeep? what more can you need?!

Yeah, I think they output enough content as it is. Making videos is fun and all, but don't forget that they're normal people with real-life things to deal with too. If they keep overloading themselves, I think they would get burned out to the point where its not fun anymore for anyone and the whole thing grinds to a halt.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Sooo, how about those Super Best Friends? They're pretty cool, right guys?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
The beginning of their ConBravo panel was so amazing that I'm saving that video specifically for home since my crappy earbuds I keep at work can't do it justice (plus only one speaker works and I can't hear what they're saying).

Continuing to love the Superfriends videos. This Blade II game looks so bad. I can't wait to watch the Spiderman/Kingpin Arcade's Revenge vid. I could never get far in that game.

Keep up the awesome work, y'all.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

This is a slippy slope, because you want to be hype and not appear like you're just going through the motions or bored. Do I yell too much? What is a good balance?

No, you're just getting hype. People just need to be one with the hype. Stay hype. In conclusion: Hype.

Thank you again for the videos and enjoy your vacation.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
They started off Turtles week with a bang. I wonder how many other 30-somethings are feeling their inner child's PTSD when watching them play the NES game. I've played through a bunch of hard NES games, but TMNT is just bullshit.

Edit: Holy poo poo, what an ending.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 7, 2014

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Mandrel posted:

Yeah, I got really excited when I realized it was that TMNT game, then promptly started remembering how much I loving hated that game as a kid. I never even got as far as they did on the dam.

I couldn't get past the dam as a kid either. There's a couple videos on YouTube where the entire game is beaten with Raphael only and never dying (neither one are TAS videos), which blows my mind, and I've beaten Battletoads. The game just gets worse and worse the farther it goes.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Cool news! Congratulations, Matt.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Silentman0 posted:

The secret is revealed, and the pain begins:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrdNkSYmSR8

Jesus loving Christ. :psypop:

So we have Big Rigs: Jaws Edition, Nightmare Fuel: The Game, an honest-to-god slide puzzle with animated gifs of blow-up dolls, some amateur Newgrounds flash game that kinda looks like a fighting game I guess, Turd Sorcerer, something very blue with chubby, naked bosses, annoying kid simulator, Constipated Barbarian, and my brain just melted at this point.

Oh man, now I have to watch the first four videos.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Would one need to know anything about Prison Break the show to enjoy the LP more? I want to check it out, but I don't know anything about the show besides the title.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Silentman0 posted:

I've never seen the show, and from what I can tell it's about a guy trying to break out of prison by doing a lot of lovely stealth sequences.

I don't know why I didn't think of reading the plot/synopsis on Wikipedia, but after reading about what happens in each season (especially season one), this show sounds super stupid.

Basically one brother is framed for murder by a shadowy organization called The Company and is facing the death penalty in prison while the other brother just so happens to be a "brilliant structural engineer" and makes an escape plan. The game follows a Company employee that is in the prison the framed brother is in to watch his every move.

I think I'll watch the LP. The only outcome I can see is hilarity and lots of it.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Blockhouse posted:

So Matt, you're doing one of Clem and Sarah as Tango and Cash, right?

I was almost giddy when they namedropped Tango & Cash before in their earlier works. I always feel like I'm the only one who watched and enjoyed that movie.

Now they just need to mention Remo Williams and I'll be impressed. Ahhh, action movies of my childhood.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

FatSamurai posted:

I didn't know poo poo about Nidhogg before, that whole playthrough was a knockout.

Same here. Too bad it doesn't have an XBone version in development because it looks fun. And I finally know what the "GET THE DICK!" chant was referring to.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Rodyle posted:

Buy it on the computer you just used to post this.

I don't think my manager at work would care too much for that. :v:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Am I the only fan of the boys who couldn't give less of a poo poo about either Dark Souls II or The Walking Dead?

Ninja Edit: Just about to wrap up the podcast. Pat summed up my thoughts about raids in MMOs perfectly. Hearing "DKP" again made me wince. gently caress all that poo poo. That's just one of the many reasons why World of Warcraft was both my first and last MMO game.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 24, 2014

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Trexy posted:

Giant Bomb just did a video series a little while back that basically just confirmed people who only played WoW at launch have no idea what a mmo is anymore.

If that's the case, I'm glad to have an outdated opinion, but I just can't bring myself to play them anymore because of the vanilla/pre-expansion WoW days. I can't pay a monthly fee for a game that doesn't end and has you endlessly running on a hamster wheel to go raid for slightly better gear to go on more raids to get more pieces of slightly better gear...repeat ad nauseum. I didn't even get a character to level 60 because of this and just played in Arathi Basin with my Level 53 rogue until I completely burned out on the game.

On one hand, I should have stuck to my guns with Guild Wars back in 2004, but on the other hand, now I have a strong defense that prevents me from getting suckered into an MMO. Games like Destiny though are a different story, and I've always wanted to try Planetside.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Remind me not to look at the comments for Walking Dead anymore.

C'mon, man. Not reading the comments section is like How To YouTube 101. :v:

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 25, 2014

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
:lol: at the end of the latest Fisticuffs. Gary Goodridge needs to be nerfed.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Sad Mammal posted:

In case people have forgotten who Matt and Pat are, here's a clip from three years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8w9g17Y0s&t=465s

I just watched this and this is amazing. Is the full playthrough like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I never knew you could fry your computer by not having the RAM sticks all the way in. I figured it just wouldn't boot. As much as I want to mock Pat, I just can't because that whole situation must suck.

I'm stoked for some of the upcoming games that fans have been bugging them to play. Also, RUSTLEMANIA 2, FUCKERS! :woop: