Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I kinda had a revelation about the term "Mt. Stupid" in regards to R&M neckbeards.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Monaghan posted:

I know some idiots have tried to blame marvel for "SJW pandering" even though most retailers are basically screaming at marvel to stop relaunching everything, having constant events and putting out so many books.

It really doesn’t help that some of the writing on those so labeled books are just pure unmitigated bum. If you can make “Iron Man’s protégé goes into the future and meets him as a future space wizard dictator” boring. Then there is something going horribly wrong.

Editorial seems to have up and hosed off too. America (Chavez) has had a number if obvious joke letters comparing the book to The Room (which isn’t an unfair assessment but that’s besides the point) and I’ve seen all sorts of weird issues (typos, word balloons not completely filled in) in the second series of Ms. Marvel (having really enjoyed the first one) that could have easily been caught by someone doing a pass through.

And then there’s the writers’ egos all spilling out on social media. I’m no HR scion but if someone under my employ posted even half of the poo poo Slott and Rivera (amongst others) have they wouldn’t just be fired, they’d be the type of fired that has them immediately marched off the premises amd their things mailed 2nd class in jiffy bags.

Makes it easy to pass over the new Marvel books on the way to Supersons, the IDW comics and manga is all I’m saying.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

I really want to like Squirrel Girl's comic, but that art is really hard to deal with.

:same:

Dias posted:

I just read Gwenpool and Squirrel Girl, those are fun books that stand by themselves. If I learned anything about comics is that reading stuff that ties into the newest mega-saga is stupid. Super Sons is good too.

I’d be happy to leave it at that but vol 2 of the current run of Ms Marvel is called “Civil War 2” which kinda leaves me up the creak and facing down a whole lot of idiot Carol Danvers.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 31, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

nerdman42 posted:

Its kind of astonishing how being part of one event basically sucked the joy out of Ms Marvel for half a year. Its only recently found its footing again.
Turns out ironicaly making the fan favorite muslim character part of a scheme to make precog gitmo as devised by Carol Danvers was a bad idea who could have guessed?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

What the hell have they done to Kamala when I wasn't looking.

In not so many words Inhuman with Precog stand shows up. Carol, stupid fuckup she is, goes “yeah, we should totally use this guy to jail people before they commit crimes”.

Iron Man, having been on that rodeo ten years prior, knows better and thus Idiot War 2 begins.

Kamala gets dragged into Fuckup’s side of the war and ends up with her friend blowing himself up in a botched attempt to bomb Precog Gitmo which she was in charge of in a moment I swear everyone at Marvel thought was super clever but given the target demo, really isn’t.

Then Kamala, sick of Carol’s and everyone’s poo poo (Which lead to Banner’s assassination by (a) Hawkeye) forms the champions who go on to be in a middling at best facsimile of the Teen Titans who do absolutely nothing of import during SE.

Rhonne posted:

But don't you just love Captain Marvel now?

Nope.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 1, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Rhonne posted:

But Captain Marvel is the best hero ever, the comics told me so!

Carol Danvers being "the best hero ever" in the marvel universe is much like how YHVH being an omni-dispot in the universes of the SMT games works.

It is a symptom of something having gone very, very, wrong with the universe.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Krazyface posted:

Wait, is that an ironic post?

He's probably taking the piss, yes.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorVainSlothImGlitch

Huh, undertale has a japanese option in the pc version?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Mar 14, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
It took a moment to realize why the second flow chart had Pat explode into laughter but when it hit, woof.

WampaLord posted:

I mean, I support Cool Tech in the hypothetical too, but once we see the actual poo poo we get in the real world, it's a whole different matter to be all "this is totally worth it!"
Counterpoint; I wouldn't cross paths with a man who launched a car into space.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So onto bingo; does trying the failsafe and the failsafe not working count as "Why no Failsafe?" cause otherwise, discounting the demo, this is a bit of a dud.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pretty sure top of the line was 8K that an employee was trying to upsale. Another model was 5 and I didnt catch the price on pre-owned.

One of the magazines said $899 iirc

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Are they all super mad about the Fire Emblem characters using swords

Like, y'know, pretty much every fantasy character
If Alm shows up as another counter-sword I swear to christ...

RareAcumen posted:

I still don't get why swords bother everyone so much. Smash Bros doesn't have an extremely diverse selection of weaponry. If you're not using a sword then you're unarmed 85% of the time. There're outliers like Peach, Ness, Lucas, and Bowser Jr.'s Smash attacks or Fox's blaster but by and large most people go unarmed or use a sword because swords are pretty much always the go to weapon of incredible power.
It's less that and more that 3/4 of the FE characters default to having a Down B counter and that is boring

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Hey, if we're recommending Ai related stuff, watching her breakdown to the sights of Doki Doki Lit. Club is pretty amazing :allears: after a point you can just tell the poor actress clocked out.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
What. Like photos of large sheep? :confused:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just fuckin' murder me by telling me Shantae's an AT already, Nintendo.

Let's save ourselves a whole bunch of time and bullhonkey.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Big Scary Owl posted:

Real talk, when's Chrono Cross
Fate has no forgiveness for those who dare stand against it.

And quite bloody right :colbert:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dias posted:

Togashi has some bad back issues but he's also quite lackadaisical regarding his schedule despite that, which I can't hold against him considering how mangakas are treated overall.

Between the return of HxH meaning the cancellation of another (often fledgling) comic and the impression Chimera Ant arc left as a bunch of self important finger wagging about humanity being the real monster I’m not a fan.

I’m certainly not to the point of pure seething spite Pat’s at but I’ve had stuff I’ve liked be sacrificed to the god king of chicken scratches and it does not feel great.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 3, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So is this gonna be exclusively KH 1 or are they road to wreslemaina'ing this?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 16, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

On top of being just kinda slapdash about the plots anyway, I'm still grumpy that Atlantis: The Lost Empire, got no play.

Nadia's in the last SRW so that'd work. Not like those arn't in English these days.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Maybe they would have come down on him faster if he ragged on Owen Wilson or if they could pin some bullshit on him after someone on the couch puts on a MAGA hat behind his back.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 1, 2018

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TechnoSyndrome posted:

They had a really cool concept design for Kat who looked like she would have been more in-line with previous DMC girls, but instead they went with the boring damsel in distress girl.

Given what she does in story and with what that was probably for the “best”

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's a thing in a lot of dementia patients. In a large number of sufferers their symptoms get worse after the sun goes down/as the day goes on. Considering she's had a bunch of strokes it's not outside the realm of possibility she experiences it but not dementia.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alzheimers-disease/expert-answers/sundowning/faq-20058511

Wait, what?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Honkers.
(Long, painful wheeze of laughter).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
“Sacrifice X for more time on the clock” is a favourite of mine.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 25, 2018