Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1ImcMrcLDY

Hey, whadyaknow, the guys who stated multiple times not to send them weapons get a weapon in the mail and talk about how sick they are of getting weapons.

It's been creating a short controversy with some of their fans apparently about them being assholes about getting a sword from someone anonymous in the mail, but they cleared it up. Honestly, if they tell you not to send them any more weapons, don't act surprised when they talk about not wanting a weapon in their homes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0dPe4vPdHs

:stare: I think they'll need to rent a warehouse to store all the stuff they get from fans.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

It's even a bit of a double-edged sword, too. If they don't tell them to stop, then they will likely run out of room to even walk in their homes. But if they tell them to just stop, then they risk their fans thinking they don't like it at all.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F094ZV7O50

Might be one of the most surreal things they have uploaded...

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

The hype levels have gone through the roof. This is the perfect RPG for them to play, holy poo poo.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I can understand them not uploading their EA reactions, because it put people to sleep and disappointment, but the Ubi conference had some good parts in it.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Roach Warehouse posted:

Why is no one questioning why there's the ghost of a crow in the church? What unfinished business could a crow have?

It's probably looking for its own murder.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

There has definitely been a decline in decent story-telling and dialogue writing in these past five years, and that seems to be the straw breaking the camel's back for Pat at least. He's pretty much the only one that really cares about good writing in anything (Matt is in control and is kinda forced to find SOME good in it), but a good story CAN carry a bad game sometimes. Thing is, M:SS really is just a blander version of Ghost Trick. Hell, even Heavy Rain kept them going with how stupid it was.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You really think it's getting worse? It seems to be getting better, on average. I mean, Deadly Premonition came out less ten 5 years ago and is one of the best game stories ever told.

Deadly Premonition and F:NV are exceptions. I'm just talking about overall.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Alakazam is the real run-ender, not the rival starter pokemon.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Whooooooooooooo!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

fatherboxx posted:

The Hulk game that preceded Ultimate Destruction had stealth missions where you play as Banner and try not to get angry. Awful. Also Hulk could fire gamma lasers in that one for some reason.

With the amount of Hulks that were introduced in the last 5 years in comics they could easily make an awesome sandbox where you fight someone other than army dudes. But alas, rip Radical.

Oh god, Matt and Woolie are going to play THAT Punisher game to cap off the month, right? :allears:

I really hope they end up doing a full LP of a certain videogame featuring superheroes after this month.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Wiseblood posted:

I don't think I'll ever get tired of them blaming Woolie & Liam every time something goes wrong in Murdered: Soul Suspect.

But it's totally their fault, though!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Well, I wanted a full LP of this game from the gang, but an hour and a half video to cap off the Amazing Super Friends month is good enough.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Time to watch them play this game/demo LIKE A drat FIDDLE!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I keep forgetting to look this up but who exactly worked in what? Did all of them work in games to some point? One of them mentioned his job at a supermarket and I was like wait what don't you make games

Pat was the one in retail. Two Best Friends Play, which was Matt's idea that evolved from a small LP they did of a Kirby game, practically saved his rear end from that dead-end job. What's more, Matt initially wanted Woolie to LP a game with him, not Pat, but Woolie declined for reasons, if I recall.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

So, is Zach gonna be the ringbearer or the best man?

Edit: Wow, I should not make posts while still asleep.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

I dont see why they cant just summon one or two phantoms to help them out, the Ruin Sentinels are easily the biggest pieces of poo poo in the game (other than the royal rat authority) so there's no shame in getting some help.

Hey, at least in the end they got them.

They tried that in one of their attempts, actually.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

You know, after hearing the reviews and musings of the P.T. demo, I'd say Pat was correct in not wanting to record them playing it. The biggest complaint was the tedium of the puzzles (especially that final part, jeez), and the demo itself apparently has no relevance to the story of the game it revealed, so the reveal itself of a new Silent Hill game probably was enough for anyone who didn't wanna spend 40 minutes waiting for a baby to laugh.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Dias posted:

Shaolin Monks is the poo poo, I'm so glad you guys are LPing that. Also drat, the comments on the latest Dark Souls video are awful.

Why?! That was the best episode of the LP so far!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Urgent question - what's the name of that Battle for Everyone's Souls mix that played over the end of the latest podcast. Because it's loving rad and I want it bad.

The Bond of Everyone's Souls

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

So is this annoying rear end Boo Bunny Plague commercial a promotion with Blip, or does the Zaibatsu have horrible taste in sponsors

Maybe all their moms accidentally gave them life, and from that point on it was quite alright, and that's why they have a certain fondness for that ad?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Bad decision making imminent

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Matt, I'm loving all these super accurate pictures of Clementine you have in each episode of TWD Season 2. Keep them coming!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

hoobajoo posted:

What? She was bit, of course you axe her arm. There are rules you agree to when it's the zombie apocalypse.

Really, they'd be monsters not to do that. But then Sarita freaks out about having her life saved and gets eaten. Such is the fate of being in Kenny's family, and not being a boat.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Tae posted:

Maybe Canadians just love psycho women considering Woolie was hot for Bloody Mary despite she literally tries to kill them at every single opportunity with no remorse.

Well, Bloody Mary was the best part of TWAU, so he is well-justified in being hot for her.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

IT HAS BEGUN!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

He really goes straight DSP against Navlaan

Nah, DSPing is when you do something completely wrong AND blame everything else besides yourself.

Woolie is just getting backseat-gaming'ed by Pat too much at this point.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Speaking of cons, did you guys have your panel of the last con you went to recorded?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"YOU CAN'T JUDGE EVERYTHING COMPARED TO PREDATOR"

"I think I can, I have a wedding coming up and..."

He has a point.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Tae posted:

Welp, just finally watched the new DS2 and Woolie is hosed. This is going to be funny when they upgrade the Caestus and they run into a +7 one in a chest.

They already found one, though, and he has two +6's already...

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Yo, since Pat still seems interested in Guild Wars 2 (the best MMO ever) and is getting sick of holding down the right mouse button to the point that he stops playing, Imma just drop this mod that fixes that annoyance: http://wesslen.org/ICM/

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

LAST SHITSTORM VIDEO OF 2014, FUCKERS!

http://superbestfriendsplay.com/video/shitstorm-3-shittribution-p-t/

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

What's this about Craig Ferguson?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Edit: I don't know why Liam defends Keighley. He comes off as such a smarmy schmuck every time I see him.

I dunno, that look just screams "friendly and loves video games" to me...

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

ChibiSoma posted:

The Evil Within is melting Pat's PS4.

I can't remember if they've ever abandoned a playthrough before, but I bet Pat's really wanting to with this one, holy poo poo.

At this point, I wouldn't blame them. TEW is starting to wear out its welcome, literally.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Ah whatever, Geoffrey probably got paid by EA.

Well, seeing as how DA:I was the only game nominated for GOTY that got a musical performance during the awards...yeah.

Not saying it's a bad game or anything, but woulda loved to see Bayo2 or DS2 win over it, definitely.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I love how the only thing you two become afraid of in TEW are the inevitable horrible survival horror game segment tropes you both predict. It's the impending boredom and tedium that really sends a shiver down your spines.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

They need to do a commentary with their girlfriends/wives/bodypillows or something because it seems like all of them just got women who are the lady versions of them but less stupid, and that's basically everyone's relationship goal I think.

Super Girl Friend Cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

cmykjester posted:

New Pat States at Japan!

[Playing with dolls]

I am working! I am literally working right now!

That drunken hotel room tour segue was great.