Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Man, all the talk about Pat and Liam doing more RPGs and listing off all of them and god I really want them to LP Fallout: New Vegas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I was introduced to them from some of their Machinima videos, and didn't really enjoy their videos that much.

Then I came across them again in that RP that C&I did of them where they mentioned C&I and I was like, "whoa, they actually know these guys? Maybe I underestimated them."

When their MGR:R LP came out and they almost immediately went to look at the moves in the HELP option of the game and actually started analyzing them to prepare for the game, I became a fan.

I'm still a horrible human being who doesn't like fighting/wrestling games, though, and nothing will ever change that.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Okay, so what happened, is that my mailman rang the door bell again (this also happened during the Destroy Man episode) I have to answer the door, sign for a package, (which took a full 5 mins) as soon as I unpause, a GIMP came flying at me, and killed me. I screamed.

I HAD to edit that out and restart the fight, I mean, what would you do? And like I stated several times before, I edited the hell out of this LP to begin with. It's not like I was trying to be sneaky. And I don't want to force people to sit through the entire fight again.

If you want me to be super truthful thought, that is the only time I die in this LP.

EDIT: I know about Thunder Ryu's ghost. I train with him in the next part.

Just wondering, are you gonna slow-down the fast-forwarded backstory of the final boss?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

I think this really cements the fact we should probably stay away from long RPGs for the most part. There's so many things and variables to consider when playing, and the games are so long most people just loose interest.

So when's the DS1 LP coming, in that case?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I dunno, I find the game hella tight.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Maybe you should put it in your body if you don't wanna be a nerd!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Compendium posted:

Still better than Obscure and Obscure 2 dialogue though.

Like, I'm not joking, at least Max has an actual personality compared to the casts of those games.

Oh my Lord, you're hella right!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Hell, they might take turns, for all we know. Wish they waited until the loadtimes patch comes out, though.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Tae posted:

FF15's been in actual development for like 2 years. At this point, Nomura's contributions to the final product will be as much as Woolie and Liam to Murder: Soul Suspect.

That's still more contribution than I want from him.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

havenwaters posted:

Now now, give Diabetus some credit. He does a decent job pointing stuff out for Slowbeef, etc.

His real job is providing the voices for the crows.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Wow, pat doesn't even allow people to take a dump in his own apartment, what an absolutely insane person. how the gently caress do the gang survive doing an LP in his house?!

I want to imagine that he will eventually begin saran-wrapping his furniture as he gets older. That is, if he hasn't already.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Podcast up: http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-091-slurping-from-the-vats/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BweriaJ6hl8

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Jesus, Woolie with the parry-fest in that latest BB vid.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I don't see the hate. I thought the general consensus was that if you could cheese a boss fight in a Souls game, go for it, cuz the games sure as hell won't go easy on you either.

All I saw was a true Souls boss strategy.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Week of Jurassic Parks and Rec.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Okay, that intro animation for Jurassic Week is great.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Matt, I totally agree with you in regards to why TLG still looks like a PS3 game instead of improved graphics for the PS4. I was asking myself the same question whenever I looked at the kid and the birddog.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Matt and Liam are switched here.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Solaris Knight posted:

How is Liam only 23? He acts and sounds at least a little older than that,.

Well, he IS an anime, and anime characters both never age and always seem older than they are and are thus given the wisdom and responsibilities necessary.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Basically, if the game was named "His Story" and it was all men characters and stuff, the game wouldn't be getting flak.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

The Kins posted:

New podcast "SBFC 102: You'll Never Be Ready For DOG CON" is up, but there's no page for it or preview video yet.

WHO'S READY FOR A BUNCH OF EVO TAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLK!?

Not me, but that's because fighting games are just not for me, sorry.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I think I heard some loud breathing after that argument, too. Ouch.

Are you at least glad the Ride To Hell LP is done, Matt? That looked painful to play through.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Depths posted:

MGS 5 being so close feels weird

Kept you waiting, huh?

okay i'll leave.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Yeah, it seems that with TellTale working on 3-4 different games at the same time, that quality is getting diluted, and it's showing. I mean, for all we know, they are putting all their best people on the Minecraft game because they really need to think hard about how to make a story from that.

Dontnod has the benefit of having their full staff working on LiS.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Big Scary Owl posted:

It's impressive how much Liam hates Warren.

Well, often people hate those who remind them of themselves.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Matt, I'm gonna be honest here. As someone who's not a fan of wrestling/fighting games, I'm only watching the intros to all the Rooster Manny Tube: Soup Bowl Saturn Dane Free videos.

Sorry.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Matt that was amazing and I am so sorry for what I said earlier.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Man, Liam keeps missing all the tapes. Doesn't he realize that this game is really just an 80's music collectathon?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

FF10 is p good.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I don't see this hurting anybody, and this kind of thing isn't exactly new. The only thing I'm worried about is if it's gonna affect the editing of the videos in any way, since they have to be prepped possibly earlier now. Not that I know the editing process of your videos or anything, but I can imagine it would add more stress to you guys to get videos ready even earlier.

But yeah, more power to you, Matt! Hope this works better than the site!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Yeah, no, trust me, even the tapes have little story in them. Some funny bits and geopolitical stuff like always, sure, but MGSV, as a whole, seems to be Kojima's reaction to "yo, have less cutscenes in your games and stuff!"

MGSV was meant to be the missing link in the series that tied PeaceWalker and the MGX games together. Like, how did BB become comatose, how did he set up Outer Heaven, how did he become this evil dude to the public, and what did all these characters (Ocelot, Miller, etc.) do before the MGX games? It's THE prequel to the first games of the series, but it feels more like a retcon of a retcon of a retcon most of the time, having played it.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed some of it, like Kid Mantis, but the rest is pretty blatantly just pasted in because Kojima doesn't really have anything else to say about warfare that he hasn't already. Child soldiers, nukes as deterrents, war-driven technological breakthroughs, perfect-soldier mass manufacturing, etc. has all been done by him, and it's all repeated in this game, at once.

All the weak points that TPP are the story and lack of characterization. Even open world games can have great bossfights and change things up from time-to-time, but without good pacing, strong story, and characters you don't really give a poo poo about for one reason or another, no one is going to really remember anything other than how dull the setpieces were. I can remember one interesting "boss fight," but that was it. The rest has been done over and over again across the series, but each game tried it's own spin on it.

But yeah, the controls and combat are the best in the series.

Really, the only reason I'm still playing it is so I can unlock Rechargeable Stealth Camo and gently caress around in outposts with it. Even that feels like a grind, though.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

But at least we can all agree that Matt is a piece of poo poo.

No, I meant UD Matt, not Mr. McMuscles.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

In other news, Konami has decided to kill puppies and kittens and use their blood to grease the levers of their new line-up of pachinko machines.

#FucKonami

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Vessel is good for non-subs because it shows us the upcoming videos on the site instead of leaving us guessing.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

WHY did they pick this game to LP, again?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Matt, you sure did put a ton of work into that preview video.

A skele-ton.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Oh, a 2-parter of an MMO?

Oh, an MMO being mentioned in this thread?

Oh.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

How odd that the sponsored FF14 videos are coming out RIGHT BEFORE GW2's expansion launches...

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

pandaK posted:

Wait guild wars is getting another expansion already? Is it full priced too?

50 bucks, yeah, but they made the base game free to reel in more players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So dangan ronpa 2 days in a row and videos are out of order. I think its safe to assume something went wrong with uploading huh?

It's the true Ultra Despair.

Or they are trying to rush them out. I'm fine either way.