Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
The Warframe devs know. It's the only explanation for all the free money they are giving him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

pat looks at eye of odin

pat aims at eye of odin

pat gets in da boat

To be fair, getting all the eyes of odin in this playthrough they are doing isn't going to be possible or fun to watch, and they don't give really anything individually.

Pat was sparing us.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

That A Way Out game sure was a bunch of cliches and tropes, but at least they made for a fairly cool couch co-op game.

Pat and Woolie were SOOO into the final sequence, goddamn.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

WampaLord posted:

I don't watch Best Friends for superb gameplay, I watch it to hear the crew be funny and riff on the game and whatnot, who cares how good they are at the game?

Yeah, if you wanted that, go to Liam's streams.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Look's like Pat's prediction came true: Detroit is being reviewed as a mediocre game, not bad or good, which is a terrible middle-ground for it.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I don't know why people don't like straying away from the main path. Sidequests in this game actually have content and lore and bonding moments between Kratos and Boy. I'm guessing it's just their LP blindness having them backtrack and miss stuff that people are actually complaining about.

I dunno, I like the side stuff.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

theCalamity posted:

I’m still confused as to the sequence. The raid was a net benefit overall. No one got hurt or killed and they now have more therium than what they began with, but it’s treated as a failure. Doesn’t make sense.

All of Markus' story is a huge mess, really.

He's supposed to become a revolutionary after the player is shown Markus being repressed for seemingly the first time in the entire span of one day, and yet here's all these androids in Jericho who've just been sitting on their thumbs, making QR codes on walls. For all we know, Markus has had a much more privileged life than all of them, but we don't actually know anything about them. The junkhell sequence is cool, but Markus gets through it in ten minutes whereas we see much more hopeless attempts made by other androids, yet he doesn't try to help them at all. The Jericho-droids also are just really incompetent but also complete assholes when this guy they just met chooses the least-lethal route to get them a little bit of the stuff they need, yet they never made any attempt to get the stuff themselves.

His story is literally railroaded into getting him to become a leader of the repressed androids, and it's painfully forced.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Holy poo poo, that speech was so bad. Like, "here's a list of demands we have, we hope to live peacefully with you, okay bye."

Goddamn "Bicentennial Man" did a better job with what Cage was going for.

Like, I can't make a small enough list of all the poo poo he's getting wrong. It's so infuriating.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

The prompt should've read "Seize The Means of Reproduction"

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

The real Time Stop was the gods we killed along the way.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

:stare:

That game is literally going to kick their loving asses.

Depends on who's on the controls.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

MY GOD HAND! (my god hand!)

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Oh my god, Markus is like the The Murphy from Z-Nation, but way less interesting and way more overpowered.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

A game about tribal people fighting robot dinosaurs in a post-post apocalyptic future should not have had as good a story as it did.

Probably helped that the lead writer was the same guy who did Fallout: New Vegas.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

So which LP is gonna finish first, TMS or GodHand?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

It's a shame they aren't doing a full LP of Vampyr. It's janky, sure, but it's the closest thing we're going to get to another V:TBM style game without straight-up copying it.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

With every glass breaking, we get closer and closer to the Obsidian-lined Fallout: New Vegas case.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Will this TMS train never end?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

2nd Gig wasn't a sequel LP to Detroit.

It was a sequel LP to A Way Out.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Matt and Woolie finally LP that game with the guy with the scythe!

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Brutakas posted:

Have they announced what the next 3 person LP will be?

No but it might be the new spoderguy game in September.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Nalesh posted:

I'm sorry you must mean Pat confirmed preggo.

EVERYONE preggo.

E-Preg.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Grouchio posted:

So does this mean the podcast's delayed for wednesday? I would've liked to see their reactions to Fallout 76's trash fire.

Well, seeing as how they are getting shill money for promoting the game on their podcast...

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Didn't Dante's Inferno have that really horrible "WIN A NIGHT OF SIN WITH A WOMAN" promo?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I knew Pat's opinions weren't valid as soon as he said he didn't like Dr. Pepper.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

End of an era, everyone.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Pat does seem like the kind of person who's better in small doses. In his streams, he can be pretty toxic.

And at least now we know why Matt has been drinking on the podcast lately. Oof. Kudos to them for keeping it professional until they couldn't anymore.

Woolie is probably feeling it the worst, though. He's right in the middle of all this. Hope he doesn't get tug-of-war'd by them.

Liam came out of it pretty unscathed, all things considered.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

"Rich customers commit more crimes than poor CEOs."

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

What got me into the Blundering Best Buddies was their Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance LP. Particularly the part where they actually took the time to learn the moves and combos in the game instead of just mashing buttons and blaming the game for being too hard, which is what you'd expect of Let's Players, especially back then.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

After the dust settles, I hope Woolie and Matt could continue the Kingdom Hearts LP. They legitimately seemed like they were having fun with it, despite all the comments yelling at them.

Of course, I also want to see Woolie go through Fallout New Vegas, but he might have already done that on his own time.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

MaxDuo posted:

Only Woolie gets spared. Now he needs to use time travel to go back and fix everything.

Yeah, but then we'd end up with a Flashpoint situation and everything would be way worse than the original timeline.

Woolspoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

re: vocabulary from SBFP

I can't stop saying "Wha happun?" thanks to Matt.

It perfectly encapsulates wanting to know what event transpired while not taking the situation seriously at all.