Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
I've been following these guys since the early Machinima days and it's been awesome to see the Zaibatsu grow in all aspects. The podcast is probably my favourite thing to listen to at the moment because it's just a bunch of guys talking about video games. A lot of people have said the lack of pretence and heavily layered irony is the defining trait and I have to agree. TBF is about the only Let's Play channel I can handle with regularity too because it's fun, informative and entertaining. Keep up the good work, Matt and Co!

For the guys getting hung up on the DS playthrough, remember Geop's trip was 100+ episodes, so we could be here a while - though Woolie is making fantastic progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Podcast is up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b7h6RJnnMY

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Professionalism aside, I really hope drunk/hungover playthroughs show up more regularly. Pat and Woolie's decision-making is greatly improved by entire boxes of sangria.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Myself and a buddy went on a Dark Souls 2 bender this past week and while watching some of VaatiVidya's DS2 lore videos it was amusing how much of Pat's lore knowledge is lifted wholesale from them. Like, down to the word. Not making GBS threads on Pat because in my opinion he's being a fantastic guide, but goddamn man.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Silentman0 posted:

Woolie dies to the boner dragon :allears:

Just before that, I lost it at "Sorry, Woolie" as he popped that chest.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Holy poo poo. Is that like multiple seconds of latency between Plague and Woolie? Jesus christ. :stare:

Dark Souls PvP in a nutshell.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

I'm kinda sad we're not going to see a full playthrough of Call of Cthulhu at this rate.

It falls apart near the end but also gets suitably crazy and I'd love to see Matt and Pat's reactions to some of it - unless there's plans to wrap everything up at a later stage?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

hoobajoo posted:

Ever make a dumb mistake? Happens to all of us, I don't think we should hold Woolie to a unrealistically high standard of play for his (kinda) first Souls experience.

Not to mention the raw panic that the sound of an invasion instils on you.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Remf posted:

They may be missing out by not playing the PC version of Guacamelee with steam workshop skins.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The Bayo one turns her double jump into the butterfly wings and all the special moves into her WW attacks. It's very neat.

I bought Guacamelee last Steam sale but haven't had the resolve to start it up yet. This has changed everything!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

watho posted:

So how screwed am I if I want to avoid P4 spoilers when it comes to the podcast?

They've done the Persona spoilercast already, but I can't guarantee that Woolie and Pat's constant sperging about Persona won't accidentally spoil something incidental.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Who would be interested in a "WEEK OF SHAREWARE"

As long as it includes the sharewre version of Quake, I am more than okay with this!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

In 30 mins...

THINGS ARE GONNA GET CREEPY

You weren't kidding. That's one hell of a thumbnail.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

I will give one piece of criticism about the one offs in shitstorm 3, Even though they've been fantastic so far, I feel like the one-offs should've been edited from at least a couple hours of gameplay, because the fact that you guys record the first 30-40 minutes of the game means we only get the build-up to the game rather than the scares themselves.

I kind of like it. Horror games are usually super hit-and-miss and seeing the LP by guys who are into the same horror I'm into helps me decide if I want it for myself or not. I've already downloaded Phobia because I want to see what happens next and my girlfriend wants to get Among the Sleep for the same reasons.

Same with Guacamelee - I abandoned watching the LP (sorry Liam and Woolie) because it seemed like something that is much better played for yourself than watched.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Glad everyone likes Kraven Manor. 3 more shitstorms remain, along with the one I did alone, drunk.

I cannot wait!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Fourthing the eternal question of what could possibly be wrong with f.lux?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Rodyle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0X6Y19Qcks

The Secret Best Friend begins his dark work.

I really hope Plague guests on the podcast one day, lovely internet and all!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

goldblums eyes posted:

Matt, I know this is selfish to ask. but, since the site has gone up, do you guys have a big "BREAK THE INTERNET" type of super best friends ~thing in the works?

They already did. It was the end of the one Woolie vs. Japan.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

One shirt is about the Dark Souls II LP

If we're on the same wavelength, consider it already sold.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Depths posted:

It's his superpower, in 20 minutes he can watch 4 episodes of an anime

If you skip the intro, outro, recaps and needless character monologues, you can too!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

The end of that Sonic video was amazing - going through social stuff reminds me of Retsupurae.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Actually it's about ethics in games journalism.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Liam doesn't actually know how to play Devil's Advocate and it's really funny.

Didn't it get a Vita release?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Rodyle posted:

To their detriment.

Arcsys to make all animes as of now!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

edit: omfg what's name of the song in Matt's video during KI section around the 33:10 mark? I don't have a 'bone but I will buy this soundtrack just from those 30 seconds in that video, gently caress :stare:

That's TJ Combo's new theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v8_lHwq2C8

Sadly it's not on the officially released soundtrack (which is still good but only has season one themes on it), but the guy who's Youtube channel I posted has some pretty sick mixes of the new/unreleased themes.
I really hope they package the full KI OST once all is said and done.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Thank you!! Good loving grief I'm about to get an xbone and KI just for this soundtrack :dance:

Wait it out until early next year. It might be coming to PC. :ssh:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Andrast posted:

All this fighting game talk lately kinda makes me wish I had ever gotten into them (or had any friends who liked them).

It's never too late. The Best Friends' constant hyping up of fighting games made me go out and get a cheapo arcade stick, Skullgirls and USF4!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

TriffTshngo posted:

Nobody hates George because he's around for like 3 cutscenes and gone before he can get grating unlike every other lovely child character in a Platinum game.

I'm only on the Fire Emblem portion of Liam's list and he's already doing that circuitous "i hate it but it's great but it's not my thing but that's fine but it kinda sucks but it's fantastic but i hate it" poo poo again. I can't deal it's so goddamn annoying

It's a little thing, but the reason George annoyed the hell out of me was because his subtitles didn't match his thick, thick patois. If there was that consistency, he would have been a far less grating character.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Gestalt Illusion posted:

Not even surprised that there is nothing in the video itself that could have sparked that conversation. It's been four months of white noise can people stop already?

Ten years from now there's going to be a tiny pocket on the internet still flagellating and group wanking over what some woman said about video games.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Charles Martel posted:

Thanks to their video, I'm buying Marlow Briggs for myself and a friend tomorrow. I figure if you can't pay 99 cents to have Marlow loving Briggs in your Steam account, then you can never be hype.

Marlow Briggs is fantastic. I bought it a while ago and played it start to finish the other day. For a small indie game it does some amazing things with the camera to push the hype and make a bunch of scenes feel really epic in scale. The zaibatsu doing a full playthrough would be great just for their reactions!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Thank you Pat and Woolie for making me and my girlfriend start seriously considering a trip to Japan.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Kimmalah posted:

As much as I love New Vegas,I think this would be really bad idea. For one you'll end up with another 80+ part LP like Dark Souls because the game is so goddamn long and it's incredibly buggy/unstable so it would probably crash constantly.

I've also seen what happens when you try to make fun of or criticize New Vegas so I doubt it would be fun for Pat or Liam either.

That, and personally I feel first person games don't translate so well to the Long Play medium. There's just something weird about it.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Holy poo poo you guys, slow down! I don't have enough hours in the day to watch all these stellar LPs!

Please don't ever slow down, this is awesome!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Reading your posts you reek of desperately wanting to let everyone know how "in" you are with this nonsense issue no one's ever heard and apparently all I should know or care about it is your moral indignation. I don't give a gently caress. Stop trying to censor my SBF, thanks.

As somebody who knows fuckall about Huniepop beyond seeing show up on Steam and instinctive going "No", my atrocity tourism gland is effectively piqued.

Is this some sort of weird reverse-marketing gimmick? :aaa:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Can we poll who actually knew or cared about his game until it was mentioned?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

The Kins posted:

Graphical improvements are a failure of the game designer.

I like to think of it as historical preservation. Learn from the mistakes of the past, children.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

I really liked the podcast video today. It's awesome to have those moments of sincerity in between all the fart gas and creepy anime bullshit! Kudos to you, Matt and co. Keep doing exactly what you're doing!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

That Darkest Dungeon video was really really fun.

It sums up the experience perfectly, down to the constant "Nooo!" and "Yeeessss!"

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I would happily watch a solo Pat-through of Darkest Dungeon.

Well, there is the "Pat Stares At" playlist on the Youtube channel...

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Because a lot of people (one comes to mind in particular) have embraced the "NOW NOW NOW NOW NOWWWWWWW!" mentality.

Isn't it also because of the lack of a central account system? Like, if my 360 bricks tomorrow I can get a new one, plug in my account details and the only pain is re-downloading the stuff that I bought digitally and want to play. All of my other credentials are still there. Imagine if for a TV console you had to pull out the hard drive and plug it into the new system?

I get that it's being overblown, but at the same time in this day and age these issues shouldn't exist in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

havenwaters posted:

This is all fun and good guys but pretty sure it was just "oh they didn't get back with me. Oh well I'll ask someone else."

I mean he's going to be on the podcast with them at some point. Per Guy Cihi's Facebook

This week in fact.