Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That fashion video is the goofiest thing on the planet and it's amazing that you convinced Pat to dress like that :v:

Seriously thought that was good.

Tae posted:

Everything I read about Persona Q is that it's really superficial in Persona 3+4 because both squads are before their big personal developments (about halfway through their respective games). Like, even the Arena games have character development.

When the game was first announced they flat out said "this is not cannon" so why do you think it would advance character plotlines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I liked the characters so hey power to me I guess :v:

Picked the game up myself but been too busy with other games to start it though.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm starting to wonder if this Fall playthrough was a good idea.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I loving lost it at Sebastion just falling apart when the dog bumped into him. Dudes made of lovely legos.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Al-Saqr posted:

God help us, sonic is here.

That title card is frightening.

Didn't it come from SA's tails gets trolled thread?

Also eesh, I only saw the infamous I WANT ROCKY ROAD video and a few gifs of bugs but the actual gameplay is painful.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TriffTshngo posted:

I think I heard Liam say "eh?" at the end of a sentence like five times in the span of 3 minutes halfway through the video and it's driving me up the goddamn wall. Sort of like when you're aware of people who say "Y'know?" like that's how a period is pronounced.

Go back and listen to every podcast and video with him. You'll notice he's done it forever to the point I think there's a few times he does it on purpose :v:

Edit: One minute into the first fight and you guys don't even know Kirby's Nightmare Wizard. Your kirby related intro LIES.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 29, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Please let Pat know I feel bad for him. He's so bad at smash and him just mumbling excuses like the screen splat is just depressing.

Like genuinely feeling sorry for him, he sounds so miserable.

Edit: The biggest shame of that video is that when you did the cut you didn't set up mii's for yourselves. I figured that would of been a big obvious one having all the best friends punch each other in the head.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 29, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

By the way Matt, in case you were wondering the Pac-Land stage is a real game

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Chapter 8 was on that save file!

Kind of a shame that you guys lost THAT much footage apparently as the one thing I do know about in Evil Within is the safe boss fight

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

All the save room talk has me curious to what the best friends think on Silent Hill 4. That entire game is leading up to the hauntings near the end.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Persona Q turns out to be pretty plot important in the strangest ways so it's a shame the guys are against EO gameplay.

On topic though I kinda forgot what the plot to Evil Within is despite watching all the videos as they come out. I'm wondering if the lack of focus is a good thing or what but if I were playing it I'd have a pretty hard time going on with how disconnected it is. I get Ruviks backstory but I still don't know what Seb is doing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

From what I understand you don't get the goodies by the elevator if you don't kill spiderwoman so watching the guys run from her had me slappin my forehead a bit.

Judging from what was there it didn't seem like too big a loss though.

Also wow the Fall part 5, even with the warning I was still unprepared. Good thing it's one of the worst LP's on the channel (Sorry Woolie and Liam)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Can't wait for Best Friends Watch: The game awards 2014.

Video will go up next to the super ontime game of the year videos too, I'm sure of it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

I think the other guys are watching it. I have no idea what'll be going on, aside from maybe here and Twitter. I'm at my folks tonight.

Skull knight from Berserk is in Witcher 3 please get excited.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Depths posted:

A goddamn godzilla game oh poo poo

Came here to post this. Also Bayo 2 getting some respect.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah soon as Link jumped off the mountain I could only imagine the next podcast blowing up.

Also hey magic meter, neat.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

hoobajoo posted:

Hey Matt, was this the guy you mentioned in FNF with the condor spam? Regardless, you might recognize a little something in the opening.

Work warning: video has lots of cursing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHo88jLpxhU

Exactly what I thought it was going to be, also this is the only person I could think of as well when they mentioned it v:v:v

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rodyle posted:

Honestly I wouldn't blame you guys if you just dropped TEW.

Why would they drop something they seem to be enjoying?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Because they were robbed!!

Now imagining someone canceling a Let's Play because they missed a mushroom in Mario

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Captain Invictus posted:

Hey Matt, do you guys ever plan to have a throwback series? Like, Giant Bomb has "Encyclopedia Bombastica", where individual crewmembers(sometimes pairs/groups) play through a classic game, usually from the 80's/90's, to show it as a sort of history piece. I'd love to see you guys do something similar. I know you do throwback things occasionally like older fighting games on FNF, but if you did videos on your favorite childhood games that'd be awesome to see.

They've done it before. Megaman and DKC and such, I think they didn't like it.

Edit: Oh wait they did a Game Awards video? I thought it was the Sony thing. Lame.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 8, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tae posted:

Goddamnit Liam, Awakening had Multiplayer. Why do you always lie.

Woolie being a liar is a joke (for videos anyway) but Liam never stops. He's deadpan at times and it's great but man he gets so much poo poo wrong it's frustrating and at this point I'm starting to think it's on purpose.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blockhouse posted:

if you think either of those first two games is going to get GOTY from an american awards show you're nuts

They should though

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Possibly a stupid question, but has Woolie or Pat said if they're going to do any of the other Souls games after 2?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TheRealestMatt posted:

Just a heads up, Pat and I will probably be playing Bloodborne when it comes out.

Looking forward to it!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Most puzzles in EW were 'too easy' in the sense that if you think like the crazy person who made the game it's super easy.

Also while the slow platform was one of the worst by far, there actually is a worse bit coming.

So...enjoy?

Judging by the podcast they may or may not of already gotten to it.

Then again I'm just assuming the traps they talked about is the part v:v:v

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Al-Saqr posted:

I thought of a fun little idea for a Two best friends animation, so I made a little animation sketch to test a scene of it, this is a sample of it:-

I'll piece together the whole thing little by little, so we'll see how it goes.

Holy poo poo this owns.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The end to the new Dark Souls video is magical and I had to watch it twice. The animation (or lack of) is just too good.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

One of my friends told me that "Pat totally said the sony video is coming on Thursday night" so been eagerly waiting for that :argh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rare footage of woolie being a coin holder

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Part of me is hyped, the other part is now shaking a fist at Pat :argh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man Pat pissed some losers off called Bro team or whatever, guys having a meltdown on twitter claiming Pat's trying to get a 17 year old girl to sleep with him and making fake chatlogs and such.

What on earth are some peoples problem?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rodyle posted:

E: Holy poo poo Pat's Yakuza reaction was worth the wait.

Wait it's not up is it?

Next-Jin Engine posted:

It's nothing; Broteam put 2 screencaps from his days at machinima; one's got to do with the Muhammad video controversy and Pat's response, the other one is a Pat response to a fan. If the response is fake or not, neither of them should have any bearing or impact on anything.

I'm sure it's fake because after playing Persona so much there's no way he'd misspell Senpai.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 13, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rodyle posted:

I was lying.

You dastard.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

PSX video is up

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Watching the new Evil Within video and laughing my rear end off

Sebs shadow glitch is literally a :buddy: emoticon and it's great. If it happens again Matt please edit it in over the shadow.

Edit:

Saw this floating around.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"Oh cool a statue, they get pretty excited for those! Wait where is Pat going, Pat why didn't you break the statue they're coming back for it right right... HOW" Is pretty much all I could think of during this. It was RIGHT THERE!

Also kudos to Matt, I was thinking of Ghoma the second it jumped to the ceiling

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Persona Q is a okay game that's way to easy to break to the point someone who hates EO games could still get through it with almost literally no trouble.

That being said watched TEW 's finale. looked up the ending a couple days ago and figured "there's still some game left" so boy did that feel rushed. Glad the SH2 lines were drawn with the double safemin though as I was laughing to my friend about it beforehand while we watched. "This has to represent his fear of banks. I get it now."

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blockhouse posted:

There's a thin line between "ambiguous" and "not bothering to actually explain anything" and TEW's ending does a backflip over it

I'd probably be way more okay with it if it didn't imply Ruvik actually super speed knife murdered all those cops somehow

I'm 100% sure you're still in the dream world at the end and Ruvik (now in Leslie's body or however you spell it) is giving Sebas a false "you're out" just to get him out of his hair.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Captain Invictus posted:

After that "manga you haven't mentioned" email I feel obligated to tell you(possibly again) Matt that you need to read I Am A Hero. I've read hundreds of series and there is no manga I get more excited for new chapters of more than IAAH.

Here's an Imgur album of sample pictures of the series, the last one's probably the best summary of things. I highly suggest reading at least the first volume(chapters 1-11) before clicking this link if you don't want spoilers, and don't hover over this spoiler tag especially: it's an excruciatingly brutal, blow-by-blow of the opening days of a zombie apocalypse from the point of view of a paranoid schizophrenic who thinks it's all in his head and goes all sorts of really hosed up directions. For a video game comparison, if you liked one of the best games of last year, The Last of Us, it's got a similar despairing atmosphere. It's so loving good and there's 179 chapters currently out.

In short,

Just wanted to say I started reading this and wasn't feeling it all in 1-11 because man it's painfully slow and who cares. Man though, once it picks up it's pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just got home with a little mac amiibo and named it McMuscles.

Little Mac McMuscles what am I doing :negative: