Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Did they do that on purpose knowing Woolie can't raise his arms above his head to remove the coins? Pretty hosed up :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ApeHawk posted:

I love how the only thing you two become afraid of in TEW are the inevitable horrible survival horror game segment tropes you both predict. It's the impending boredom and tedium that really sends a shiver down your spines.

Tbh I played that game to walk around gory environments popping the heads of not-zombies. I got my money's worth. This was by the guy who made resident evil. Of course it wasn't actually scary. Who the gently caress got scared by RE games?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Tbh I played that game to walk around gory environments popping the heads of not-zombies. I got my money's worth. This was by the guy who made resident evil. Of course it wasn't actually scary. Who the gently caress got scared by RE games?

Uh, anyone that played RE1 and RE2?

Come on, man.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TheRealestMatt posted:

Come on, man.

I dunno, there's a few good moments, but Old RE always felt too...clunky I guess is the term, to scare me even as a kid. The dumb puzzles and the guns and everything really detract from being afraid.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
REmake is a proper spooky game

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TheRealestMatt posted:

Come on, man.

that guys really tough, nothing scares him

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Depths posted:

REmake is a proper spooky game

Playing that game blind and then running into a Crimsonhead for the first time is how I inadvertently helped fund the underwear industry for the next millennia.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
babby blockhouse jr played RE2 with his mom back in the day. On scenario b when you go through that boarded up hallway we were expecting the grabby hands again but when the boards actually broke down and a zombie fell into the room we spent the next thirty seconds screaming and firing the shotgun wildly into the air

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea maybe it's just an age thing but Tatum Girlparts Jr was fuckin freaked out by parts of RE and downright spooked by RE2.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
When I was a wee babby, I had straight nightmares with RE and those spiders eating you alive. I was an easily scared babby (Chuckie from Child's Play traumatized me), but still.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Yoooooo Saturday morning scrublords, that intro is perfect

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Part of me is hyped, the other part is now shaking a fist at Pat :argh:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As a kid Resident Evil 1 and Parasite Eve scared the poo poo out of me. I think the only thing that put the same level of terror in me as I got older were the Regenerators, especially the Iron Maidens. Honestly, I'm still pretty sensitive to spooky stuff, but I haven't played a horror game that about the scares and not the psychological aspect of horror in a while.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Not to defend British cuisine, but you guys are Canadian, you don't really have a higher ground when it comes to local food.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

And you guys say this game doesn't have a sense of humor

Forreal though, enjoying the LP. I've actually been watching you guys's playthrough first before going through myself, for the sake of avoiding frustration. Just beat the game though, so it'll be interesting to see the reverse experience from here on out.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Finally ended up fully watching the shitstorm for this year. During the P.T. finale I burst out laughing when Pat said to put the mic on and yell "Jareth" into it because I was sure he was just trolling Matt/Woolie, knowing he'd already finished it, and then it actually worked.

:captainpop:

Morzhovyye fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 13, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man Pat pissed some losers off called Bro team or whatever, guys having a meltdown on twitter claiming Pat's trying to get a 17 year old girl to sleep with him and making fake chatlogs and such.

What on earth are some peoples problem?

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man Pat pissed some losers off called Bro team or whatever, guys having a meltdown on twitter claiming Pat's trying to get a 17 year old girl to sleep with him and making fake chatlogs and such.

https://twitter.com/BroTeamPill/status/543622505022652416

Yea I don't know, I think it's over now.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah, broteam has been slowly melting down into an insane pile of failures for a while now. Now he has just gone into flinging poo poo at anyone who doesnt agree with his warped view of the world.

Koriar
Apr 22, 2010
Man, the Best Friends and Bro Team are the only two people I still regularly keep up with on Youtube anymore. I really hope this doesn't turn into a thing.

Based on the replys it seems less like they pissed him off and more like people sent him some shifty-sounding stuff months ago without any kind of confirmation and he's posting it now for some reason. So if it was faked it wasn't by him.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Oh, just broteam guy being a annoying jealous poo poo.

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 13, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

what the gently caress is happening

I don't know. I came into the thread and apparently Bro Team released secret Black mail of Pat hitting on someone on twitter and then everyone said you're warring with him

poo poo's nut.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
It's nothing; Broteam put 2 screencaps from his days at machinima; one's got to do with the Muhammad video controversy and Pat's response, the other one is a Pat response to a fan. If the response is fake or not, neither of them should have any bearing or impact on anything.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

what the gently caress is happening

Pat might be getting arrested but then the cops'll come and say 'Man, I don't feel cool arresting an nine year old. Just look at his baby face and tiny hands.'

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's actually not possible to handcuff Pat anyway, he'll just use iframes to clip through the cuffs.

E: Holy poo poo Pat's Yakuza reaction was worth the wait.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 13, 2014

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
I'd just hate to see two fellow Canadians going at each other's throats

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

It's actually not possible to handcuff Pat anyway, he'll just use iframes to clip through the cuffs.

Police comes in riot gear, Pat shouts "DROP YOUR SHIELDS"; gets away unscathed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rodyle posted:

E: Holy poo poo Pat's Yakuza reaction was worth the wait.

Wait it's not up is it?

Next-Jin Engine posted:

It's nothing; Broteam put 2 screencaps from his days at machinima; one's got to do with the Muhammad video controversy and Pat's response, the other one is a Pat response to a fan. If the response is fake or not, neither of them should have any bearing or impact on anything.

I'm sure it's fake because after playing Persona so much there's no way he'd misspell Senpai.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 13, 2014

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wait it's not up is it?

I was just about to ask, I don't see it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I was lying.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rodyle posted:

I was lying.

You dastard.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Did Pat or Woolie ever mention seeing one of these happening in the wild?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Wow, the BroTeam twitter account is a gripping chronicle of one man's descent into madness.

Matt, from what I can tell, BroTeam has some weird vendetta towards SBFP; if I had to guess, I'd say it stems from you guys having money, fans, women, a Machinima partnership, and joy in your hearts. Liam also mentioned that BroTeam was "All right" once and he took that as some sort of gently caress you passive aggressive attack. It all has a very Derek Smart feel to it, if you remember that.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

Wow, the BroTeam twitter account is a gripping chronicle of one man's descent into madness.

Matt, from what I can tell, BroTeam has some weird vendetta towards SBFP; if I had to guess, I'd say it stems from you guys having money, fans, women, a Machinima partnership, and joy in your hearts. Liam also mentioned that BroTeam was "All right" once and he took that as some sort of gently caress you passive aggressive attack. It all has a very Derek Smart feel to it, if you remember that.

Okay, it's not really that. BroTeam's just one guy and it's Machinima he's got problems with. He's going through some kind of financial/creative crisis I think, so I think it's best to leave him be.

Also I'm pretty sure he was joking in regards to the Liam thing

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Next-Jin Engine posted:

Okay, it's not really that. BroTeam's just one guy and it's Machinima he's got problems with. He's going through some kind of financial/creative crisis I think, so I think it's best to leave him be.

Nope, if there's one thing I've learned from watching his videos and just now looking over his twitter it is that Bro Team is 100% all the time about everything he says.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Super Best Friends and Bro Team are my two favorite LPers by far (like you guys better if I had to choose) and seeing you two fight( Or at least, have BroTeam be mad at you guys because he's possibly sort of crazy, meanwhile you don't really care) is making me feel like how I imagine children whose parents are going through a brutal and drawn out divorce feel.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Next-Jin Engine posted:

Sorry, I know it's one guy, but I don't know his name so I just called him BroTeam. Maybe Mr. Broteaman is better. Though I think his problems with Machinima fostered ill will towards anyone that has become successful through them.

I don't know about the Liam thing, maybe he is joking, but that Twitter account's been hit with complaints about abuse before, and he seems to make a habit of constantly throwing poo poo at people at the drop of a hat. I kinda like the BroTeam videos, some of them are really funny, but the person behind them seems to be going a little nuts.

e:

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Super Best Friends and Bro Team are my two favorite LPers by far (like you guys better if I had to choose) and seeing you two fight( Or at least, have BroTeam be mad at you guys because he's possibly sort of crazy, meanwhile you don't really care) is making me feel like how I imagine children whose parents are going through a brutal and drawn out divorce feel.

I know this exact feeling, it's the "Mel Gibson Cop Rant" feeling.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Dec 13, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
IIRC the bro team guy got hosed over really badly by machinima's poor organization amd buisness practises.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

hoobajoo posted:

Sorry, I know it's one guy, but I don't know his name so I just called him BroTeam. Maybe Mr. Broteaman is better. Though I think his problems with Machinima fostered ill will towards anyone that has become successful through them.

His name's Brote Ampill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F96N_9votn0

Brote is pretty funny idk what his beef with the best friends zaibatsu is but I don't really care enough to look into it. The dude did get screwed over super hard by Machinima because Machinima is garbage unless you're ultimate levels of popular though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

CJacobs posted:

His name's Brote Ampill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F96N_9votn0

Brote is pretty funny idk what his beef with the best friends zaibatsu is but I don't really care enough to look into it. The dude did get screwed over super hard by Machinima because Machinima is garbage unless you're ultimate levels of popular though.

"[Hot or Not]'s like Grindr for those dirty straights" is still one of the funniest things I've heard on Youtube.