Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11qFUV9GwEY

Man, I like how they get super-excited about KI and poo poo, but I seriously don't get what's the appeal of it as a fighting game. It's fine tho.

XBONE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie is top-tier, you guys suck at this tierlist thing.

Nah, but really, Liam tends to be contrarian for the sake of being contrarian a lot of the time. By his own admission he likes to be the devil's advocate, but quite often he advocates some lost causes and gets a bit annoying.

(tier-list is Pat > Woolie > Matt > Liam)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Solaris Knight posted:

THE HYPEST, MOST SPECTACULAR, FANTASTIC, SENSATIONAL, AND UNCANNY THEME MONTH OF YOUTUBE IS UNDERWAY, THE AMAZING SUPERFRIENDS!!! :flashfact:

I felt like it was missing something.

Well, it's technically Mahvel, I guess.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Silentman0 posted:

DC vs MK is kind of a little too similar to Injustice, and they would never let Woolie have Marvel.

Just go with old Marvel tho, it plays quite differently from MAHVEL (MvC2 and 3).

They're just gonna play that godawful Justice League fighting game, really. Or the Batman one.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

floor is lava posted:

This has become the podcast that I can't wait for every week. Surprised none of them said "Mighty No. 9: The Back Down" during the sequel name bit.

No, no, you're thinking of Mighty No. 8.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
C'mon, Matt, Sabertooth is 6'6", Wolverine is 5'3" - which is Pat-height which is my height. Movie Wolverine is Sabertooth-sized, which I hate. We had one hero and you took him away from us. :smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

roach cum puddle posted:

I'm not telling them how to do their job at all. I'm giving them a suggestion on how to make money off of us losers.

And I'm sure it was heard after two pages of you being a pain in the rear end. Now can we please, please move on?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What you should've taken from my post was the last sentence.

I'm surprised Pat's not getting that much hate over the DS2 playthrough, that game has a notoriously annoying and nitpicky fanbase. Pat/Woolie's also a pretty good combination, and I sorta remember either Matt or one of the two saying they tried doing a series together and it went horribly. I can't see why, both this and IHNMAIMS are legit.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

pulp rag posted:

I thought the only bad thing that happened was the Jojo review? Or was something else mentioned on the podcast a while ago that I'm not remembering?

My memory's fuzzy, but I think I heard that in a podcast (either theirs or one of the Retsucasts). Maybe it was just the game/idea that didn't pan out.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If you're a tourist, basically no place in the world is terrifying, you'll always stay at the nicest spot in town - and if there are no nice spots it's not like you'd be allowed to do tourism there, really.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Shaolin Monks is the poo poo, I'm so glad you guys are LPing that. Also drat, the comments on the latest Dark Souls video are awful.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ApeHawk posted:

Why?! That was the best episode of the LP so far!

Career PVPers complaining about Woolie healing because that's "dishonorable", and nitpicking the PvP skills of a guy that doesn't seem interested at all right now on doing PvP. Basically, the DS fanbase being the DS fanbase. I liked the episode too.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Official Liam ranking: 4chan=Neogaf>Tumblr>Somethingawful

Well, that's why Liam is the worst.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

straight jerkers posted:

he's using double spears so probably no. it isn't hard to imagine someone who isn't interested in crossbows just never bothering with them.

I don't think he didn't know about that, he just didn't use/know the "manual target the vases" strategy that Woolie applied for that room.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Kinda off-topic: Hey, guys, I found Liam's workout routine!

(I was going to try and find an specific link to the app, but dude mentions "listening to his favorite podcast" right at the end and it's SBFC, so it seemed fitting to post my original source)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If this DS2 LP has taught me anything, is that DS fans are insufferable. Well, I already knew that, it just reinforced that belief in my head. Especially the guys that are mortally offended about healing in non-consensual PvP.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Cathair posted:

This is not the kind of interpersonal interaction that makes LPs fun to watch for me.

I think it's hilarious and Woolie deserves it because he's a liar and a thief. Also, murdered that guy. (but he should tone it down a tiny bit)

Also, the last two pages just made my last comment stronger.

ALSO, I couldn't really get into the Prison Break LP so DS2 is all I have - it's just too bland in its terribleness for me to care. :smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Dark Souls fans are insufferable because some might find Pat annoying in this particular video series? That is a very specific reason to not like a group.

No, it's because the sheer mention of any opinion (fanbase, weapon choice, lore, how to play, DS1 vs DS2) about DS2 generates a long-rear end debate that goes nowhere. If the Democrats got into Dark Souls, there wouldn't be a need for Republicans to filibuster ever.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

What the hell are you looking for in a Zaibatsu lp if Prison Break isn't doing it, it's like the most perfect (trainwreck) ever

It's that I find the game to be terrible but somehow also boring. Maybe it's because I found Prison Break the series tedious and it just reflects on that piece of crap.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

straight jerkers posted:

Pat is basically doing it to Woolie in the videos so I think it's appropriate to see it in the comments too

Well, Pat is by definition a Souls fan.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's probably one of the best FNF's just because they're right in the meaty part of the curve between 'legit high level' and 'knows the game good' to be fun.

They're kinda very far away from "knows the game good", man. Still awesome, and I forgot how fun Test Your Luck can be when you both don't know how to play.

(I think the closest they got to "high level play" in FNF was 3S, which makes sense because it was "their" game)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

Also, really sorry some of you aren't liking what's on the channel this week, but them's the breaks. I'm constantly working on stuff behind the scenes (like the bond-a-thon) and Pat and I actually finished Prison Break a while ago. And are starting on...something...during October. I can't remember what.

Eh, can't speak for any others, but I'm okay with what's on right now, don't let my comments about PB lead you astray - it just didn't land for me. You guys are putting out quite a bit of content on a weekly basis so I'm not complaining, there's always at least one ongoing series that keeps my attention - plus the one-offs. Right now DS2 and Shaolin Monks already make for, what, 5h of free entertainment a week? Keep on keeping on.

(now play Melty Blood for FNF)

(Melty Blood is the best game)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Silentman0 posted:

It's a Kinect game.

So it probably controls better than Deadly Premonition.

:rimshot:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ain't that the dude that took immense offense to me saying the DS fanbase was insufferable? That explains quite a bit.

Just caught up on the TWD playthrough, Clem's hard as gently caress now, huh? Second-coolest fictional under-12 female character. Also, Nick is the zombie-apocalypse version of Ziggy Sobotka. Just this MASSIVE fuckup that doesn't mean harm but just keeps doling it out.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Well, at least Woolie finally came to terms with his love for Naruto.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I was not expecting Kumail Nanjiani outta nowhere in my Walking Dead.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also, Kenny is an impulsive rear end in a top hat that treats Clem as some sort of weird surrogate daughter and constantly makes bad decisions without listening to anyone - not even Clem - that jeopardize other people's lives. There's a good number of reasons to dislike him and seeing that the whole idea of an LP is to be entertaining, exaggerating that feeling's fair game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

I didn't say anything like that though and I don't think that? Are you a living youtube comment or just a moron???

edit: Seriously though, I have no idea how you get "THEY'RE PLAYING THE GAME WRONG :qq:" out of "I don't find the way they are playing the game funny".

Dude, you called it the worst TWD LP in Youtube because they're not making the choices/having the attitude you'd have. Can't you see how that could be construed as you being a bit of a....babby?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mandrel posted:

But all his decisions in S2 are good ones and pretty much only ever go awry due to the interference/stone-walling from the rest of the incompetent baby group?

He fires a gun at a guy that has proved he will kill innocent people, despite Clem asking him not to, and makes the situation worse because he's a bad shot; he tries to make a crazy escape plan when held hostage by the same insane fucker that would've definitely killed him and the others, judging by what happened to Reggie; and his most recent plan is "let's just send a bunch of zombies our way, we can get out of this right guys right".

Good intentions and good decisions aren't the same.

CJacobs posted:

Bullshit. When I said "I don't find it funny" perhaps I should've made a 2,000 word post about the intricacies of every decision they've made and why I didn't like it not because it's not what I would have done, but because the way they are handling the video game is not entertaining to me. I did not think I would have to explain it in detail so I didn't.

Or I could just say that I don't find it funny oh whoops I did do that and someone pretended I didn't for no reason

edit: To clarify even further, this happens with every single video game playthrough that involves multiple choices. If you don't like it, the first response people jump to is that it's because you don't like the way it's being played and because you played it differently etc. But that's not the case because that's stupid.

You said it's the worst LP because you don't like the decisions. I don't care if you find it funny, but I'm just saying, dude, you're overreacting a bit.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I didn't know it was this bad in the Walking Deads, guys. Sorry.

Woolie. Woolie. You have a secondary weapon. Use it on the stones. Not the big badass sword. Use the mace. Also, as someone that didn't get too far into DS2, there's a lot of humanoid bosses with the same moveset in that game, huh? Wide swing combo, lunge, big overhead, maybe a powerup animation or a close range AoE.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If you didn't love their pure glee at being able to throw Kumail Nanjiani under the bus I don't know why you're even here.

"YEA HE DIDN'T SHOW US!"

Why do you feel so little compassion towards Kumail Nanjiani :smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

EDIT: For MGR...yeah, we COULDN'T resist, and basically both beat the game before we had finished the LP video series. To be honest, I think it's one of our weakest LPs, and taught us how we should never both have beaten a game if we are to do an LP of it.

I think it's fine if you both beat it as long as you aren't relying on hype reactions for content (playing a game that's all about the crazy surprising poo poo going off all the time). I mean, RE2 was pretty good and I hope I'm not wrong in assuming you probably had played the game before the LP, right? Although I suppose your LP "format" works better with one going in blind and one being a knowledgable (arguably, Pat) guide/player. I guess that's one of the benefits of being a LP group, you can have the blind reactions plus competent gameplay without the blind confusion and competent blandness.

(i'm sorry about the walking deads)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

The creepy part is the people getting angry about them being mean to Kenny and not being mean to a literally autistic child.

Matt just called out the WDS2 commentary section tho.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HGH posted:

It seems to be more about the commentary really.

How they're not emotionally invested in a railroady subpar zombie drama, I suppose.

Also, c'mon, Kenny. The stupid risky-as-hell zombie plan was YOUR idea.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh my god the Youtube comments are beautiful.

But in all seriousness, I've been watching the Deadly Premonition LP this last week. They basically hate on Quint as much as they hate on Kenny here - it's just that in this game, you can directly gently caress with the characters you hate. Also, they're loving with a character other people like, and you're allowed to make fun of dumb stuff as long as it's not dumb stuff I like, then you're awful. Also, when you're basically railroaded into sympathizing with Kenny every other decision, is it a surprise that the dude becomes a focal point of commentary? I mean, it's not like they took every decision just to upset Kenny. They sided with him on the plan almost every time even. Sheesh.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

You can't play it wrong if the game literally puts you in the same exact situation at the end of the game, can you

"Whose Arm Is It Anyway, where everything leads to the same place and the answers don't matter"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Deadly Premonition takes a bit to get going even if you're watching an LP (especially TBFP's LP), but from the town meeting forward every plot scene is a thing of beauty. And seriously, the plot goes some crazy places, there's a reason why people compare it to Twin Peaks so often. If you want me to sell you on this specific LP, well, you get to see Pat LOSING HIS poo poo at EVERYTHING. And after they get a couple of items it moves a bit faster because gameplay becomes a non-concern.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie truly is a liar, Trail of Dead is a fuckin' band you deceiving prick.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Perfect Potato posted:

It's because they actually told a joke a couple of Walking Dead episodes ago so people are naturally clinging to it in the midst of the Kenny hate-boner storm

Matt basically suggested that Pat was sad because the south lost the civil war

More specifically, when they're in the Civil War museum Pat goes "aww, now I'm sad" (because Lee was a History teacher and would've liked the place) and Matt instantly went with "because the South lost the war?". They did joke about fanart with him as a Confederate apologist, so Reddit's just following the lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

Well, name confirmed at least, I dunno.

They could always rename it to the "Kennystorm". There's still time.