Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rodyle posted:

Pat's played the DLC so I'd assume he knows.

Given some of the advice he has given Woolie so far, I kind of doubt that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Zach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matt = Pat = Woolie = Liam

I mean did you even see that tiny sombrero?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Drop your shield. No you did it wrong. Perfect.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tae posted:

There is no way they should tackle the 2nd DLC

Shoulda stopped there.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Matt's jab at the Dark Souls run in the latest video is pretty good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'd be disappointed too if something so totally ridiculous went and spoiled the mood like that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The reason the framerate on vanilla Dark Souls is so poo poo is because it uses a special (lovely) framerate buffering thing that tries to compensate whenever you get fps drops. Basically, vanilla Dark Souls tries to maintain a constant 30 fps. When it dips below some abysmal number, which it does pretty often because of all the particle effects, it'll lock the framerate to I think the mid-20s for half a minute so that it can stop swiveling all over the place like a car with three popped tires hydroplaning at 50 mph down a highway.

Also if you drop below 15 fps for any substantial amount of time the game boots you out to the main menu and sets you to offline mode because it thinks you're trying to cheat.

edit: DSFix on PC disables this functionality (the former, anyway) thankfully and there is 1 ladder in the game that drops you through the world only if you slide down it and it's directly next to a bonfire, so even if it did happen it'd be funny and not frustrating because your bloodstain spawns at the top of the ladder when you come back.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The flame breath from the gargoyles is also likely to do it (it's one of the first areas where it'll just happen to any ol first-time player) if one of the two has just done a stomp/swipe as the combination of dust and fire particles causes the game to grind straight to a halt. Dark Souls 2 is unbelievably well optimized considering how awful Dark Souls 1's port was, I'm glad From came through on their promise that it would be better.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wow, the world in the Prison Break game is weirdly well thought out for such a poo poo game. In part 3, Pat loses because he's trying to climb over a big pile of boxes to get to a fence he saw, when they actually needed to go the other way. In part 4 they go back through that area from the opposite direction, and the boxes are being loaded onto forklifts and moved and stuff because time has passed, and now Pat can get to the fence. Neither of them noticed this, I don't think!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Holy loving poo poo that retarded neck snap in Prison Break part 6. gently caress yes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It's a real lovely week on the best friends channel. Prison Break has stopped being funny-frustrating and started being actual-frustrating, Dark Souls playthrough will never loving end and is as insufferable to watch as all Dark Souls gameplay videos, and shaolin monks is over now I guess?

Beef Waifu posted:

This LP needs to end sooner so I have one less place on SA where I see loving Dark Souls discussion.

This 100%. I'm so sick of Dark Souls chat. :negative:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh hey I was wrong Shaolin Monks isn't over. Hooray!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It just occurred to me that Prison Break was 100%, completely, totally, absolutely linear. There are no optional things to do. There are no collectibles to collect. There are no unlockables. It's just one single non-back-track-able area after another.

edit: Re: Ed Boon's time travel powers, it's actually a secret voodoo curse that allows him to jump between universes and steal video game ideas with the 'monkey paw'-esque side effect being his gigantic eyebrows.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 11, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Machinima also hosed over Ross Scott, creator of Freeman's Mind several times over his stay at their offices (this post is also worth a read because it's entertaining and informative; edutainment!). Please don't affiliate with Machinima if you make internet videos, the views are not worth the hassle :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Rewatching Downcoming for old times' sake and man, the boss fights in Homecoming are like Dark Souls 2 Playthrough-lite. Features such highlights as "No use your dodge more" and "There, perfect." I guess I just never noticed Pat's backseat gaming before now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They also made the mages' soul spear track less so that it can't circle around a full 360 degrees after you dodge it. It's still a very hard area and people who go "pfft I made it through without EVER having ANY trouble because of this nerf" are probably lying.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm just watching the walking dead season 2 videos now and yeah I agree, the dog part was pretty exploitative. I mean I can see why it happened from an in-world standpoint, but it is PRETTY obvious they set you up with the dog and don't allow you to gently caress up with it just so that that can happen later on. Not that it matters much since Matt and Pat understandably fell right for it.

edit: gently caress yes they went with THE LINE. I'm so glad they went with that dialogue choice because it's just so loving hype.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rhonne posted:

Keep an eye out for Kaysen! He was in Swery's first game before DP, so he might be in this one too. Either that or old man York.

(Immediate D4 spoilers, not very far into the game mind you.)

Kaysen is in it as per Swery tradition. It's, uh, pretty hard to miss him.

He is, again, a totally different and unrelated character.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 19, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Matt please never ever stop making "DROP YOUR SHIELD" jokes. Just pile that poo poo on. Please.

edit: THEY DIDN'T HUG KENNY?! YOU GUYS ARE THE WORST :mad:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 19, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I also love that Matt and Pat are questioning if their choices would've had different outcomes if they'd done things in a not-stupid way. The answer for one of those choices has actually, surprisingly, been yes! But mostly it's just the same old Telltale's The Walking Dead: Your choices have immediate consequences that in the long run don't make any difference.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
God drat, Matt and Pat are bloodthirsty in Walking Dead Season 2 so far. I'm pretty sure they have taken absolutely every opportunity they've been given to try and get Nick killed. New Clem is scary.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

HGH posted:

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a Kenny.

Because seriously, they've somehow both morphed into season 1 Kenny here. I'm looking up the alternatives to what they did and boy are they getting people killed.

They're getting people killed SUPER HARD! This is why Matt should be behind the wheel :smith:

edit: The guys were actually right about the way they saved Nick in the latest episode. If you say Nick's "just like everyone else" before he shows up during the confrontation with Walt, or the confrontation happens at a different spot and you lump him in with the rest there, Walt will lower his gun instead of shooting the zombie off of him and let him die.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 20, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cathair posted:

Having never been exposed to Telltale's games before, for a while now I've been leaning towards the opinion that their writing is trash, but this is the last straw.

"I've never seen anything about this ever before this moment but I was PRETTY MUCH convinced it was garbage"

Get out of here Liam lmao

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Actually dude what I was calling you out for is the part where you said you thought it was poo poo even though you hadn't ever heard anything about it, which is a statement that makes no logical sense. You can think what you want about TWD's writing and I would even agree that Season 2's writing quality takes a pretty big dip compared to the first, but acting as if you magically knew it was poo poo and as if that gives you a reason to be smug about it doesn't just make you a dick, it makes you a dick and a moron. Don't be a dick and a moron.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Matt and Pat continue to be totally vicious in today's Walking Dead episode. Seriously you guys it's kinda weirding me out.

"I HATE KENNY SO MUCH HE RUINS EVERYONE AND DOESNT CARE ABOUT PEOPLE" they say in the same breath as "MAN I CANT WAIT FOR THE CHANCE TO KILL OFF NICK". :allears:

edit: oh my god matt and pat's grudge against kenny is so god drat annoying

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Sep 23, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, I'm not debating that it's funny, it's just that they're making this the worst playthrough of TWD Season 2 on YouTube and I don't think they even realize it at this point in the videos. There are like 5 cumulative minutes in the most recent episode where they are not making GBS threads on Kenny or Pregnant Lady and half of that is probably them going "OHHHH" at all the exciting stuff.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Personally I think TWD Season 2 would've been better with Spec-Ops: The Line style loading screens.

"WAS IT ALL WORTH IT"

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 23, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I'm a huge nerd with way too much time on my hands

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Beef Waifu posted:

Hahahah, holy poo poo. I am laughing so hard at how sociopathic Matt and Pat are towards Reggie.

Like I was mostly joking earlier but now I legit don't really want to finish watching the playthrough because of their attitude toward characters that are not Clementine. I understand that you gotta work with what you have and be funny and stuff but I guess all of the making GBS threads on other characters they're doing just isn't my brand of humor.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 23, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh wow they actually purposefully got Reggie killed. Lame. :geno:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

why are you so upset about how theyre playing the game "wrong" you massive baby?

I didn't say anything like that though and I don't think that? Are you a living youtube comment or just a moron???

edit: Seriously though, I have no idea how you get "THEY'RE PLAYING THE GAME WRONG :qq:" out of "I don't find the way they are playing the game funny".

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 24, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dias posted:

because they're not making the choices/having the attitude you'd have.

Bullshit. When I said "I don't find it funny" perhaps I should've made a 2,000 word post about the intricacies of every decision they've made and why I didn't like it not because it's not what I would have done, but because the way they are handling the video game is not entertaining to me. I did not think I would have to explain it in detail so I didn't.

Or I could just say that I don't find it funny oh whoops I did do that and someone pretended I didn't for no reason

edit: To clarify even further, this happens with every single video game playthrough that involves multiple choices. If you don't like it, the first response people jump to is that it's because you don't like the way it's being played and because you played it differently etc. But that's not the case because that's stupid.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 24, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I feed off of your acceptance

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The moments where something awesome happens and everyone in the room goes OOOOOOOGGGGHHHHH are probably the best part of the best friends videos.

edit: I think I have made a post similar to this in the past but it bears repeating regardless.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I propose a compromise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQZnIUqxH70&t=750s

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The only good MMO is *my favorite MMO* and all the other MMOs are bad because I say so!!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

beep by grandpa posted:

Somebody sell me on Deadly Premonition. I watched what felt like an eternity and there was still no gameplay. What's the draw?

edit: while I'm at it, sell me on Yakuza as well.

The gameplay in Deadly Premonition is 100% pure garbage. The only reason you should watch/play that game is because the characters are goofy and the plot is great.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Seriously? That's kinda hosed up if that is how things went.

"Hey let's put this kinda borderline autistic/anxiety ridden/some kinda mentally hampered kid in the game, but get this, she's a REAL fuckin bitch, right?"

I'm pretty sure the people at Telltale are not weird stilted caricatures of human beings so the conversation was probably way less oblique than that.

edit: By oblique, I mean stupid.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just finished Tomb Raider 2013 a while ago and I had a nice laugh when I saw Woolie and Liam's smilin mugs in the credits. Now I know who I can blame all the bugs and errors on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They do try really hard to make you care about Kenny and the guys just weren't having any of it I guess. If you thought Kenny was a shitbird during Season 1 you're probably gonna think he's one during Season 2 as well.