Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

OP, you need to add Woolie's greatest crime: He's an Other M apologist. :colbert:

I am a massive fan of these guys. The Machinima videos vary wildly in quality but everything on their other channel is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Unicorn makeouts for Evo

Better tourney fighter than Smash.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Tae posted:

edit: And they just skipped the Pharros boss.

That's objectively the best way to get through Doors of Pharros. gently caress the Royal Rat Authority.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

why do souls players get so buttmad over the "laser beam" duke's dear freja shoots when it's blatantly supposed to be, like, spider-web silk.

Also the Prison Break LP is loving fantastic and I am glad they're finally playing the whole game. But when's Marlowe?

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

As someone who is mostly watching this to see Matt & Pat make the rear end in a top hat choices I missed out on my first time through, I love this LP. :allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

hoobajoo posted:

The Shittribution is chosen from games they, for one reason or another, decided not to do full LPs of.

Hearing about how broken Call of Cthulhu is, I think it's for the best they're not doing a full LP.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

The Kins posted:

Exclusive leaked screenshots from Way of the Samurai 6:

I can't wait to see the fanart this inspires :allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

This is the best Cryme Tyme ever. :allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

One Must Fall 2097 Fisticuffs, please.

e:

TheRealestMatt posted:

a creepy anime Bullshit,

:allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Tae posted:

This is the same man that lied to the entire world that Snake will be the main character of MGS2, to the point of replacing Raiden footage with Snake in trailers like the Fortune Boss Fight.

As well as showing the Harrier Boss Fight in trailers with Snake instead of Raiden in a location that only shows up in the intro cinematic. Kojima rules. :allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

TUS posted:

Aw poo poo, Matt found out about The Young Bucks and Time Splitters!!!!!!!!

Edit- and RAINMAKER!!!!

Now we wait for him to find Shinsuke Nakamura, the living Jojo character. :allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Pat's never going to go to space. :smith:

e: Deers being assholes :allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

There's gonna be so much Star Wars fan nerd rage over Woolie confusing Shaak Ti and Ahsoka Tano :allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Woolie's rant about Mugen on the podcast was too real. I got that into Mugen back in the day.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It does help that Shinsuke Nakamura is just a JoJo's character come to life.

Ishii is his stand.

A little late on this but :golfclap:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

I loving hope not

Yeah but who's your Persona waifu tho???

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Love Woolie repping Waku Waku 7 at every opportunity. The most underrated obscure Neo Geo fighting game.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, I'd love to see Pat do a ResearchIndicates-style Let's Play of Silent Hill 2 where he just goes totally into the symbolism and themes and junk, but as it stands I'm super glad Matt is on-hand to make fartgas and boner jokes when the game gets too heavy because goddamn does Silent Hill 2 go to some dark places.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Strafe always looks really disappointing to me. The mechanics come across in videos as really loose and the procedurally-generated level design sets off alarm bells because the FPS genre relies so heavily on tightly polished mechanics and level design.

Still, I really hope they continue developing it if the kickstarter fails, because it doesn't look like they're going to reach their goal.

e: Also those turret guys look like the most annoying thing.

Genetic Toaster fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 9, 2015

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Motor Kombat is the Super Best Friends Drift I never knew I wanted.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Armageddon was without a doubt, the fastest Fisticuffs/Scrublords we've ever done. Certain games, I'll be looking at my watch and go, "Uhhh another 30 mins of this?" But Armageddon, it was over in a flash!

THAT'S THE HALLMARK OF A GOOD FIGHTING GAME, KIDS

It was also a much breezier watch than any of the anime Fisticuffs. Arcana Heart had cringe value working in its favour but I couldn't get through the other two.

But terrible western fighting games? I could watch those all day! When's Mythic Blades?

Genetic Toaster fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 21, 2015

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Honestly, some of Assassin's Creed's problems revolve around TOO much content and TOO much collectibles, so I can't really see a comparison to that series and this Order game everyone is getting upset about.

Yeah, the problem with AssCreed is that it has a ton of content but none of it is really substantial and "do junk with no impact on the story" has supplanted the original conceit of the game play to such an extent that the games are only enjoyable when they're not about assassins, which is insane.

The Order is really more like those budget Unreal Engine 3 shooters that were all over the Xbox 360 for a while (MorphX and Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard spring to mind) with higher production values.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I love watching Pat and Woolie spend like, 15 minutes crafting the perfect jacket and then never equip it.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

This is the best Scrublords ever.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Stamper stories are best stories.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Or you can just not get Xenoverse since it has no redeeming qualities.

I'd consider "ability to make RAGE in the character creator" a redeeming quality.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Where did you even find this game? :allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Killer Instinct is a good fighting game but I do not understand the appeal of Skullgirls at all.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

STEEL BATALION!

The hype is real.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Dias posted:

Week of...dinosaurs?

Trespasser Full LP when?

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

I'm so hype for Trespasser. :allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Podcast Curse PART FOUR: Dark Souls 3 announced.

Edit: PART FIVE, MAYBE? Punisher cast for Daredevil Season 2.

Genetic Toaster fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 9, 2015

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

The Deadly Alliance of James Small and Liam on the podcast is the best. :allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

DumbparameciuM posted:

It's pronounced Bond-Eye btw :australia:

Don't call them out on it! They'll just mispronounce it harder!

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

nexas posted:

We did hear him talk about ff14 in this weeks podcast, but they could have shoved him back in the car afterwords.

I love the image of the Zaibatsu dragging Billy out of the shame car just so they could make fun of Pat's crackFFXIV addiction only to shove him back in the shame car post-podcast.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Shattered Memories looks great, but at the same time it's the sort of game I'd feel terrified to play without a GameFAQs walkthrough open in case I missed all the cool stuff.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

TERMINATOR WEEK OUT OF NOWHERE??

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Personally, I liked his crazy rant against Scholastic books.

"THEY'RE A SCAM!" :allears:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

With what we've seen I can't really imagine what a win state would be unless you have to arrange your 5 videos in some incriminating order or something, but how would that, as an objective, even be communicated to the player with what we have?

Certain videos in the search engine reveal more than others. There's a subtle effect when you collect one that's "important". When you've viewed enough of them to reasonably piece together the entire story, you get the option to go through an ending sequence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

is it too much to hope devil's third completely crashes and burns and itagaki never does anything ever again

as long as itagaki has a channel with which to constantly poo poo-talk tekken