Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Can you like, pile them all on top of each other on one side or the other? Or does he still take into account which one is leftmost?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

James Small confirmed for The Sixth Zaibatsu Member?

BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

James Small confirmed for The Sixth Zaibatsu Member?

BUT WHOSE SIDE IS HE ON

who's the 5th

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Zach, duh

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Tae posted:

who's the 5th

Liam.

The order goes Zach > Matt > Pat > Woolie > Liam > James.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Wait, what about Dork Girl? Plague's really close to being considered a part of Zaibatsu as well.

Chrispurple
Dec 29, 2012

Oh man, this is gonna be great.
I know the last time we saw Billy he was in the shame car, but that doesn't mean he has to stay there forever. :(

nexas
Sep 4, 2009

nope

Chrispurple posted:

I know the last time we saw Billy he was in the shame car, but that doesn't mean he has to stay there forever. :(

We did hear him talk about ff14 in this weeks podcast, but they could have shoved him back in the car afterwords.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Mystery Box was good. It made me want a series called "Bad Dreams" wherein James Small forces people play lovely Dreamcast games.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

nexas posted:

We did hear him talk about ff14 in this weeks podcast, but they could have shoved him back in the car afterwords.

I love the image of the Zaibatsu dragging Billy out of the shame car just so they could make fun of Pat's crackFFXIV addiction only to shove him back in the shame car post-podcast.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Just want to say another big Thank You to Matt, Woolie, and Liam. My feet and back were killing me by the end of the day after walking around and standing on concrete since the expo opened, and I had to drive home two hours in a lovely rainstorm at night, but being able to meet all of them face to face and shake all their hands made it all worth it (met Pat the NES Punk and Ian too, but didn't see AlphaOmegaSin or James Rolfe sadly).

I'm so glad I went. My friend and I had a lot of fun and will be back next year. Hopefully the Best Friends will be too.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Charles Martel posted:

Just want to say another big Thank You to Matt, Woolie, and Liam. My feet and back were killing me by the end of the day after walking around and standing on concrete since the expo opened, and I had to drive home two hours in a lovely rainstorm at night, but being able to meet all of them face to face and shake all their hands made it all worth it (met Pat the NES Punk and Ian too, but didn't see AlphaOmegaSin or James Rolfe sadly).

I'm so glad I went. My friend and I had a lot of fun and will be back next year. Hopefully the Best Friends will be too.

Agreeing with this post basically.

My highlight was definitely when Liam's face just sort of lit up when I told him that I thought he's been absolutely killing it on the channel lately (to Matt's agreement) at the signing booth today and that pretty much completely made my day :3: Thanks for coming out to the Philadelphia area and signing my boomerangs, Matt! The panels were great and I'm looking forward to hear our chanting/clapping later on the channel.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Matt and Liam are switched here.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Newest part of ShaMem, Liam, go to an optician and get a test to see if you're colourblind. In the space of a few minutes, he thinks blue is purple and red is orange.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The blue kinda does look more purple than blue and there is no red gumball so I don't blame him for either.

edit:

*your

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jun 28, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

The blue kinda does look more purple than blue and there is no red gumball so I don't blame him for either.

edit:

*your

Oh god, I missed that.

The orange gumball looks red as gently caress. Also, I missed the opportunity to say "holy poo poo, that art room puzzle looks impossible to me". I'd be stuck in that one for a while, while meaning ever.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Shattered Memories looks great, but at the same time it's the sort of game I'd feel terrified to play without a GameFAQs walkthrough open in case I missed all the cool stuff.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
It wouldn't really help, since it's impossible to see everything in one playthrough. I'd really only keep one on hand for directions through the ice sequences, and even then the amount of time you take in those and how well you can evade the Raw Shocks plays into your profile.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SkeletonHero posted:

It wouldn't really help, since it's impossible to see everything in one playthrough. I'd really only keep one on hand for directions through the ice sequences, and even then the amount of time you take in those and how well you can evade the Raw Shocks plays into your profile.

He did miss one phone number with a worthwhile call the first time he went into the back area of the mall that...maybe is for the best they didn't call? It's probably one of the most interesting in the game, but it's probably good they didn't catch it this time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The gang looking at the hot cheerleader number ranking thing and thinking it's too simple to be flavor and has to be a video game mechanic is like the most Best Friends Zaibatsu thing ever

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh no the Ride To Hell video descriptions were actually Doom excerpts all along!
Also holy poo poo at everything to do with Greasy Steve. This loving game design is...something.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

He did miss one phone number with a worthwhile call the first time he went into the back area of the mall that...maybe is for the best they didn't call? It's probably one of the most interesting in the game, but it's probably good they didn't catch it this time.
Could you spoil it for us?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I want someone to count how many times they ACTUALLY shot Greasy Steve.

The game finally breaks Matt, as he resorts to singing the Night Court theme to cling to sanity.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 28, 2015

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

HGH posted:

Could you spoil it for us?

(Spoilers for Shattered Memories, both the phone call and probably the overall plot:)

The call is pretty much you calling some mall security guy and he's all "I can see everything in the mall through these security cameras but I can't see you, so you're obviously not there stop calling me!" Of course you are, in fact there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like this Ride To Hell trend of "see hazardous terrain for the first time, immediately rub face in it until dead"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The thing is that since the game seems to love to respawn you before killing you off, it always causes some hilarious animation.

Also by all accounts Greasy Steve took over 50 bullets to take down.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

(Spoilers for Shattered Memories, both the phone call and probably the overall plot:)

The call is pretty much you calling some mall security guy and he's all "I can see everything in the mall through these security cameras but I can't see you, so you're obviously not there stop calling me!" Of course you are, in fact there.
Ok yeah that's pretty huge, I never saw that one and it's pretty cool.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This Ride to Hell episode was the best yet. The escalation from casual joking to incredulous screaming was fantastic.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

every episode is the best because the game just keeps finding new and incredible ways to be unbelievably lovely

I'm so glad they did a full LP because the quick looks from Giant Bomb and the first video matt/pat did really didn't do it justice

that fuckin sex scene man holy gently caress

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wow, Shattered Memories is pretty close to being over. I think next video might be the finale. There's only the Amusement Park and the Lighthouse left I think?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Watching the latest Mystery Box now. If you guys want full FMV, you should check out Sewer Shark or Mad Dog McCree and Mad Dog II: The Lost Gold.

Actually, the Sega CD was a treasure trove of "so bad it's good" FMV.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Strong opinions on waterboarding with semen in the latest ride to hell vid

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The sex scenes in Ride to Hell make me feel as if it's actually some weird obscure and poorly made mod for a Bethedsa game.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I feel sorry for whatever dude made the settings for the driving sections. There's a lot of work and care put into that scenery and it honestly looks pretty good

So imagine his dismay when the rest of the game took a giant poo poo on his effort

RecursiveFault
Feb 18, 2015

Blockhouse posted:

I feel sorry for whatever dude made the settings for the driving sections. There's a lot of work and care put into that scenery and it honestly looks pretty good

So imagine his dismay when the rest of the game took a giant poo poo on his effort
It's probably a holdover from the original open world design. Sucks all the work towards a cool concept got repurposed into garbage.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
The sex scene in this episode was so loving bewildering, instant cut to and then away without a word. If I didn't have any context for how lovely this game was I would have assumed someone edited that in as some kind of weird joke. I just can't wrap my head around any of this, Ride to Hell is a truly mysterious jogo.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Buckets posted:

The sex scene in this episode was so loving bewildering, instant cut to and then away without a word. If I didn't have any context for how lovely this game was I would have assumed someone edited that in as some kind of weird joke. I just can't wrap my head around any of this, Ride to Hell is a truly mysterious jogo.

The best part was that it was right in the middle of a level, so there was a group of bikers just waiting around the corner for you to finish having sex so they could beat you up.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Oh wow, they don't know Shattered Memories totally has a UFO ending

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I suggest everybody click this link

Especially Matt.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I love the objective prompt of "Avoid the dynamite but don't let him escape" because the way it is worded implies that either not avoiding the dynamite or letting him escape, but not both, are acceptable alternatives. All of the objective prompts in Ride to Hell are written in this weird almost-proper-wording-but-just-barely-off style and it boogs me out.

edit: Case in point, "SHOOT GREASY STEVE, IT'S YOUR LAST CHANCE :byodood:"

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
idk if anyone posted it, but friday's video referenced crankyconstruct's video and here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q53E7FsJ3jM