Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah, nahhhh. dude's mad he's talking negatively about religion as if it didn't profoundly negatively affect his life from day 1, woolie's response is perfectly reasonable. rather than "stop altogether", "just skip it" is totally fine.

also, have any of the best friends looked into Doki Doki Literature Club at all? I've fallen behind on SBF content a bit so I'm not sure if they've mentioned it at all or not. That'd be a hell of an LP, even if they'd probably get spoiled by idiot fuckers in the comments/twitter unless they marathoned a ton of it before uploading any.

edit: seems like Liam never did anything with it either, did it just completely pass them all by, or what?

What was the podcast in question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

If you mean in regards to religion, apparently a dude got mad that woolie talks poo poo about religion on friendcasts and called him out on twitter, and Woolie replied pretty diplomatically all things considered. It was linked upthread.

Ah. I thought it was about a specific podcast episode, not just in general.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Become Human seems...adequate, which is weird. the LP is still fun, butn part of me is sad we are losing the classic, Awful Cage.

It's like when your crazy loser friend from high school who did all sorts of whacky poo poo finally cleans up and gets a job. You're have he has his act together, but you also lost a colorful character in your life.

Or when Uwe Boll graduated from insane incompetent hack to just boring lame filmmaker.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Yea, if this were Heavy Rain we wouldn't even be at the trials part yet, we'd be making snacks for SHAUN.

Also, there's been plenty of stupid already, like the loving price of the androids.

Oh, sure. The grasping robohands in the junkyard were pretty forced and felt cribbed from God of War of all things, and both the artist's son and the little girl's dad would need a lot more nuance to be considered even caricatures. But the magoc of in-your-face hackdome is missing. Whomever they hired to hold the electric prod and keep Cage away from the editing room deserves his or her pay.

I kinda wish there was a Hideo Kojima version of this game. There'd by like 40 minutes of exposition on how the android blood works and exactly why it uses a gallium prosthetic group on its proto-hemoglobin instead of iron, and halfway through we'd learn that all life on earth has always been fake and all that ever existed were machines pretending to have once been humans, and it all is still somehow connected to the Tuskegee experiment. It'd be loving glorious.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I was willing to let the whole "8k bucks for a robot" detail slide, but the whole thing about resources being depleted and the planet being on its last legs kinda brought it back for me. If stuff like plastic and ore and such are running out, not only would hi-tech products like robots be really expensive, but we'd NEVEr see them just tossed aside in a junkyard where they just fix themselves with the abundant functional, compatible parts. There'd be some insane recycling and refitting going on.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

It is funny to listen to them in the wrap up talk because basically it ends up being, "we like this game, here's a hundred reasons you shouldn't."

I figure that the experience of playing it with friends and making fun of the bad crap while nodding at the good stuff slants the curve upwards a fair bit. I didn't enjoy it at all, but it might have been a much better experience playing it with friends.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Todd doesn't have a reason to say anything? He either doesn't know or care that Kara thinks Alice is an android, or is so drugged out he didn't really notice or care she served Alice food? (Maybe kid droids can actually eat food for the sake of being realistic?)

Zlatko actually didn't seem to suggest he knew - otherwise wouldn't he have set Alice up for a wipe too? Again, even if he did, what reason does he have to tell Kara?

Luther is a tropey gentle giant - he didn't break it to her because he knew she needed to come to it on her own terms - it's not like the delusion hurt her.

They probably could have explored the aspect of why it does or doesn't matter that Alice is an android or something, or why the delusion was important for Kara? I dunno. Sorta seems like an angle of Kara valuing an child android less then a human one, which is why she held the delusion? Like there's some angle of Androids being biased against their own kind or something there.

This...doesn't hold up. Androids require that blue blood to function and if Kara had to tend to her, replacing it would likely be one of her duties. Sure, he's a cartoon villain, but even he might not be dumb enough to let his new droid junk his old droid because she shoved noobles down robokid's mouth.

Luther may be a gentle giant but I doubt he'd endanger all of them by letting the charade go on even when it harms their chances of escape: kiddie fevers, need for sleep/food and all.

And as someone (Yahtzee?) said, the main narrative point of it is spoiled because we see two sexbots in love with each other in the cop storyline, so the "Can two androids genuinely love each other?" theme has no wegiht left. It would actually be more interesting in the kid was really human, or if humans thought she was an android because she was aprehended with them, showing how people will dehumanize even their own kind to fully hate the dreaded Other.

Though I wish the game had a post-credits stinger 300 years in the future with Kara getting fed up of mommying EternalKidBot and just abandoned her in a cardboard box to go have fun.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Dabir posted:

<Whatever> learned.
Matt: "Is that an item?"
Yes Matt. You learn items.

Someone who never played Final Fantasy 12, spotted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Dias posted:

I speak Portuguese 90% of the time but I've dropped "more than you think, less than you'd hope" more than once when speaking English. Also everytime I hear "my family" I mentally fill it in with family family family.

Also a portuguese speaker and I proudly got all of my inner RL circle of friends to start saying "the hypest poo poo".