Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
As if to placate you dorks and your semi-ironic championing of your favourite transformations, Plague has just put up another DB vid.

This time it’s about time travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Isayama isn’t old-school, print-it-on-the-page racist like George “Philippinos are monkeys and we did nothing wrong in the War” Morikawa is but AOT does get weird anytime the Japanese characters appear. There’s a scene recently which explicitly serves to set the Japanese character aside from the rest of a crowd and it just feels like it’s leading up to something. I dunno.

AOT is still a good manga with a lot to say for itself, and the pivot from Before Basement (BB) to After Basement (AB) has been remarkable.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Matt is spending all the Zaibatsu’s money on animated intros for his channel.

He’s got like 16 now to Pat and Woolie’s one apiece.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I liked that they were decent enough guys to release an apology because ... most people wouldn't.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Pat shaved his beard, Woolie didn’t sleep and Matt is on the first of what are undoubtedly going to be his many, many, many vacations again. The decay of western society continues unabated.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

It’s me, Captain of the USS LiamSucked. Come aboard my fine ship.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Pats been streaming for 8 hours straight, but has just WUSSED OUT by stating his original plan to stream all weekend is done.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

What even is a DBZ poser? They're just fans.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Rhonne posted:

Meanwhile, on the latest episode of Dragon Ball Super:

That's honestly what I used to think Pat's dad looked like.

Just this giant barrel-chested, giant-moustached French-Canadian dude who somehow sired Dexter from Dexter's Lab, except without the smarts.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I think they just mean she’s popular. Right?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Aaron’s entire run (including Jane as Thor) has been totally amazing, but Marvel needs to stop with the “inherit the mantle” poo poo. That works with Captain America, it doesn’t work with Thor - that is just the dude’s first name. And it’s still a common name!

It’s like a girl stepping forth and saying “I assume the mantle of Frank.”

Stop trying to WCW gimmicks into pre-existing characters, it’s insulting to fans of both old and new characters and never works.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Except the original loving comics were about some normal rear end doctor rear end in a top hat getting the powers of thor. That's why the hammer says Whosoever Holds This Hammer will receive the Might Of Thor, or whatever. It's explicitly ABOUT other people taking on the mantle/abilities/name of Thor.

Read a book.

Donald Blake was an alias you absolute twit. Next time actually know what you’re talking about.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I grew up in Northern Ireland. You fuckos can stop complaining that your totally adequate President only gave $200 million to indigenous schools when Harper promised $280.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

blazing hot takes in the SBFP thread

Blockhouse posted:

"People who don't like the things I like are stupid" what a well reasoned argument

No but get more defensive.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I literally cannot think of a single Tarantino movie that has a sex scene in it.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Check her Yotube channel, Peach Saliva. She’s got a ton of good poo poo there now.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

What exactly did Plague say so that half a dozen of you are now conclusively labeling him not only homophobic but transphobic too?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Yardbomb posted:

This douchey thing.

https://twitter.com/plagueofgripes/status/851220519684845570

And the only person I see mentioning transphobia just said that when someone's got some apparent homophobia, transphobia's usually right in there too.

There's more to it than this, right?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Just started watching HunterXHunter with some friends. Three or four episodes in and it seems pretty fun. For some reason I thought it was going to be more serious or edgy looking. Had this mental image of like, Bloodborne esque characters doing edgy anime battles.

HxH of it's very early days is virtually unrecognizable to where it goes.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

And while we're at it what's up with Matt taking biweekly vacations and spending all the zaibatsu's money on episode intros for his own channel?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Remember Dork Girl??

Remember Two Snacks??

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

God I really loved that SotC playthrough. I really wish the guys would play more games they love and know tons about. Part of my favourite thing of Pat's old playthroughs is him explaining absolutely everything about Dark Souls to Woolie and Resi to Matt. It's great when they get to gush.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I swear to God I've heard them talk about it for years now and I still don't know if the toxoplasmosis poo poo is real or not.

I mean I guess it is? At this point? But loving hell that sounds like a made-up thing.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I decided to pop back in on the KOTOR LP and holy gently caress this thing is going to break 100, isn't it?

It's like if they would've let anyone but Pat play DS3.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

The ranking of the Best Friend Bunnies is officially Paige >>>>>> Crymetina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever Woolie's short-haired non-person is called.

Liam would've factored in somewhere between Crymetina and Woolie's girl.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dias posted:

Woolie's GF is automatically #1 because she avoids being involved with this whole mess.

Wrong. WRONG!

Crymetina and Paige are both awesome and I'm so glad they're involved with content creation.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

quote:

Please don't create Waifu Wars over real people not engaging in a faux persona created for entertainment's sake.

Blockhouse posted:

for real its loving weird

It is a joke you absolute pair of goons. For gently caress's sake I included Liam in the mix.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Tell me more about shipping guys with anime waifus in their avatars.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I literally already admitted it was a joke and if you are deranged enough to take that as me advocating actual real-life person shipping then you probably need to take a break from this internet biz for like a half-second Mr Baal.

Now if you don't mind I'm waiting for the guy with the Lum dakimakura to explain creepy shipping to me.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dias posted:

"short-haired non-person"

Just hold the L, my man.

Dude the point at which you are telling me to just hold the L is already far too late, you know this.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Paige is better than Liam ever was.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Grouchio posted:

Did Matt vote for Stephen Harper or is this an ironic tweet?

Seriously?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Paige is having real trouble with these puzzles and it is delicious.

edit THE MUSIC IN THIS GAME, OH MY GOD

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

She is moving into every single blue attack. This is amazing.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Paige made Pat do a lady's voice and it is killing him on screen, right now.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

You mean "my housekeeping robot, my disembodied psychic alient ghost life-partner and King Chochacho, the Mexican God of Fun."

David Cage doesn't have anything like the discipline to restrict himself to one nonsensical thematic twist.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

He's two-thirty-nine and he's feelin' fiiiiiiiiiine

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

They used to, and still might occasionally. Their accounts are linked in the hotbar (or whatever) of the subreddit with their AMAs. From a quick glance it looks like Pat still makes the odd post every couple of days, Woolie might post once a week or less, and Matt has posted like 3 times in the past year.

Anyway yeah, Matt is really bad at taking criticism. My favourite instance of this was when they had Xavier Woods on and he got called out for telling one of his long, rambling stories and proceeded to go into an audible huff for the next 10 minutes. Like, this was the episode where Xavier discovered that Woolie was black mid-conversation and yet that was by far the most deliciously awkward bit of it all.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Episode 163: Titancrimes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I'm one of the 12 guys in the country who actually bought a WII U but even for me this is the hardest I've ever passed on any video.