Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
I found that even though my skin is super sensitive to everything (I have an allergic reaction to the rivets on my cheap dorm chair and can't use even hypoallergenic or aluminum free solid deodorant), I've never had razorburn. i think i'm lucky :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Fruity Gordo posted:

drat. have you ever tried a deodorant crystal? they sell them in health food shops, they're pretty cool. i have no idea what they are but they're natural and odourless and they don't stop perspiration but they stop smells, they're so weird. my usual advice for people who don't want to use aluminium deodorants is to dab your pits with lavender oil but i don't know how well undiluted lavender oil would go down on sensitive skin

i've seen that crystal stuff for sale at walgreens and I was thinking about trying it out, but i've heard really mixed reviews. right now i use this goopy gel poo poo that smells like cheap vodka/rubbing alcohol that i need to let dry before putting any clothes on or i run the risk of bleaching/staining
but it's really cheap and gets the job done, so :v:

my favorite is the 'lavanila' ~all natural~ poo poo that smells great and doesn't make me itchy, but 14 bucks for a 2oz stick is pretty expensive :(
also it has a really low melting point so i have to keep that poo poo in the fridge or else it'll get everywhere

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
ladies please do not do things that fail to make my dick hard, it is very unbecoming

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i've never used argan oil but as soon as i switched to loreal's "evercurl" line my curly hair is so soft and fluffy :3:
before i was shampooing once or twice a week and using a cleansing conditioner everyday

Al Borland posted:

Does having your nail break really hurt? It never made sense to me seeing as it doesn't have any nerves.

not unless its broken down to the quick. it's just really annoying to have happen if you care about that sort of thing i guess

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i put nailpolish on a lot but i don't really care about my nails otherwise, my nails are all nubs of different lengths and my cuticles are horrid and dehydrated

Pick posted:

Yeah. Except toenails, it lasts forever on there for some reason

truth, i got a pedicure with my mom like 4 months ago and its still there on the very tip of my toenails

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Pick posted:

I remember a lady at the mall being like "ma'am, are your nails properly hydrated?" and I just laughed, I couldn't help it, I'd just gotten back from doing an assessment at a loving sewer overflow and I was like... these fingers were just in poo water

for real, i work in a lab using acetone as a solvent for things so my nailpolish is probably gonna look lovely pretty quick but i'm not gonna replace it every day, too much effort :colbert:

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
yeah and it only works if you have light skin and dark hair, the laser tracking needs that contrast
so if you've got dark skin and dark hair youre out of luck

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i have 4 or 5 pairs but i only ever wear 2 of them :saddowns:

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
my weakness is nailpolish and anything with Keroppi on it

shoes, not so much

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
women like to do things to make themselves feel nice, not to make men feel nice
cray but tru

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i have to confess that i am guilty of wearing shorts and jackets. not like winter jackets or anything but a light sweater or hoodie.
if my legs are exposed to the cold then whatever, if my upper body is exposed to the cold then my whole body feels cold and i start shivering
it doesnt help that i'm in the south currently and i was born and raised in maine so its just... not that cold

sorry for contributing to the negative image of white wimmins everywhere my bad

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
lol i saw this on facebook earlier

SLUTS :argh:

its was posted by two women no less

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Corn Thongs posted:

guess I am a whore tho.
me 2

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Kid Gloves posted:

im a dude im going on a first date w/ a lady tonight what are some ggood tips to do

get really close and smell her hair :)

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
we are being trolled so hard guys

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Judakel posted:

ladies, how often do you have funk down under?

24/7

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
but im not miserable when i wear shorts and a jacket

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

also same

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
40-50s during the day usually
which is nothing for someone who was raised up north, i only need to bundle up at night on select days

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
their KD ratio

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Holy Calamity! posted:

i, personally, eat food.

me too. but i am also fat so ymmv

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Heyyy, I like your username

thanks. :c00lbert:

edit: gently caress whats that smilie
more edit: found it

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

There's a guy in BB Crew named Armitage and I made a reference but it turned out he named himself after a toilet manufacturer :smith:

how poignant, a toilet that makes you think of anime
or vice versa

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Anime? I was thinking of a book :/

Spurned again

hahaha sorry i once dated a dude who was hella into this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armitage_III
so that is the go-to definition even though i've read Neuromancer a million times :(

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

Thank god, I was worried someone made an anime called Chiba City Blues and I was about to be really sad

once i was poking around the internet and found someone that called themself "Molly Millions" so I was like, hey, cool
turns out they chose it because it sounded like a cool scene kid name and they don't really read books at all I was so disappointed

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

VanSandman posted:

I need to know your opinions on Nutella.

I like those nutella-and-go packs they have that have the little cracker sticks to dip. I only use like half of the Nutella though, way too rich and sweet to pile it on

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
There's a place near my parents' house that does threading for $8.50. :toot:
Even though they're always busy when we go, we're in and out in like 10 minutes or less.

I do that whenever I'm in town for winter/summer breaks and I just tweeze otherwise.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

grapey posted:

Does threading hurt worse than waxing?

The wax ripping out the hair hurts (at least the under portion) but it's when they're plucking out those stray hairs with the tweezers that I want to cry

The pain is a bit "sharper" I guess. Threading rips the hair out by trapping it between sections of twisted thread, covering a small surface area. With waxing the pressure is distributed over a larger surface area so it hurts a little less than getting a "spot" treatment- also why plucking hairs at the outer edge of your brow hurts more than plucking near the front/anywhere there is more hair grouped together.
I think it's worth it though. It doesn't pull on the skin as much as tweezing does (I don't know enough about waxing to compare)

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Declan MacManus posted:

What's the deal with arm hair

Some women seem to freak ou about having it, some don't

I have pale skin and really thick dark hair and I've been "blessed" with a good amount of arm hair. I used to freak out about it until one day I realized no one I gave a poo poo about cared about it (and no one I have dated has cared about it) so it stopped bothering me. v:v:v

stimulated emission fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 4, 2014

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Demon Of The Fall posted:

So ladies, what are your views on manscaping? tia

i prefer hella fuzzy dudes. :3:
but yeah just trim your pubes so they dont get stuck in my teeth and do nothing else and you're golden

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Gravitee posted:

Do you guys (erm gals) have cool jobs that allow you to post online during the day? I need a job like that.

When I'm in the lab waiting for something to mix or waiting for a machine to do its thing I pull my phone out

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
I just mentioned how I needed to shave my legs since the hair is hella long and my boyfriend just looked at me and lifted his pant leg in a show of leg hair dominance

okay maybe I don't need to shave thanx sweetie

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Yeah, we're both super chill with each other 8)
Very welcome change from a dude that would nag me as soon as I started getting stubble which didn't take long since I am unfortunate
(that relationship didn't last long)

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Her very own solar system :3:

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

His name is Gigabyte and he likes yarn :3:

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
eat a bunch of cheese and poo poo logs for like a week

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
I don't really care about watching any kind of sport, I prefer participating :getin:
I played rugby for like 2 years until I hosed my knee up and people ask me about international teams all the time but I just have no clue

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Moosechat: when we lived in Maine there once was a moose that went on a "rampage" through my neighborhood. It knocked down out fence and swingset :(

For real though, moose can be really territorial and will gently caress you up

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
I have a scar on my hand that's like a pocket of air because I fell off my bike and got a chunk of granite stuck in it

We didn't realize it was there at first since it was so deep but as it healed the skin started to "reject" it or whatever so I had a little tip of rock sticking out of my hand, I could bang it against my trumpet :buddy:

Once we realized it wasn't going to naturally come out and reject dad took matters into his own hands, he took out a pocketknife and dug it out
Well, more like flung it out, it hit the ceiling when it popped out
It was like 10 times bigger than we thought it was and the hole it left behind was awesome, I could see some white stuff at the bottom
I just kept a bandaid over it until it healed over
So yeah, pocket of air in my hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Puppies :kimchi:

Good news: my parents sent me a sizable amazon gift card for chanukah, probably gonna buy some gifts for other people with it

Bad news: I won't be spending Thanksgiving with my boyfriend because his dad is super religious and won't like us sleeping in the same room, but his whole family's gonna be over and they have a small house so there won't even be room for me anywhere. Also I think he dislikes me because I'm secular, and he literally thinks I'm trying to convert his son by dating him :sigh:

I don't really care about Thanksgiving as a holiday but man I haven't had a home-cooked Thanksgiving dinner in years

• Locked thread