Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm so glad my family doesn't fight at gatherings, we just drink like three bottles of cheap sparkling each and pass out on the floor

but we're pretty close and like run around naked in front of each other and poo poo so i guess it's our family culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
last family gathering i went to i tried on one of my grandmother's dresses and it got stuck over my head because she's like a leprechaun and she comes in to find me stark naked trying to get this lacy thing off my face

she rescued me but only after i ran all around the top floor of the house going HOO HOO HOO like an owl and all the neighbours saw her chasing me around

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
your families are all terrible

we develop superpowers when we're drunk, we all pile into the nearest rsl and just clean up on the pokies while screaming poo poo poo poo poo poo at each other until they call security and then we go rollicking home and brawl (but it's all in good fun)

or more often we blow all our savings but we don't remember those times, either way we end up slapping each other

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
yeah just drop by after about 9pm and hug everyone and we'll just assume you're meant to be there, a new cousin pops out of the woodwork every few weeks so we just go with it at this point

don't worry about learning any names, they're all interchangeable

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
ngl i really enjoy pooping in other people's toilets because it feels like i'm establishing my territory

i always scrub and squirt the air freshener afterward though, i'm not some sort of monster

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
well my poop is already quite mildly scented and has a subtle - even delicate - bouquet that is all its own so i feel that to obliterate it entirely would defeat the purpose

also, upon entering someone's house, i eat one [1] item from their pantry, usually a piece of cereal or a single nut

i purchase a replacement to the best of my ability and leave it behind when i go

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
working out more is a good idea regardless of context but from what i can tell you're already too good for him on account of not being a gigantic shithead

he'll find an actual gigantic shithead and be so miserable

and you'll be swole

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
seriously being on the internet makes me so grateful for my family, most of the men are hopeless (except for two of the uncles, they're cool) but the women make up for it

a flock of drunken screeching violent generally-nude harpies fighting each other over scrabble and brie

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my grandmother is kind of racist in an old-person way, but i'm 1/4 romani and since i started learning more about it and telling her stuff, she's been saying "romanies" instead of "gypsies" and when her racist-old-person friends make antiziganist remarks she gets stern with them :3: i mean obviously it's just a drop in the ocean of racist old people but she's trying so hard

she's also fairly jewish (being jewish is not binary, there are good ones and bad ones and technical ones and really terrible ones like my grandmother) and a few years ago she got all guilty because a friend, who is also jewish, hadn't been invited to her family's christmas dinner (:psyduck:) so she invited her over to our family gathering. we're also fairly catholic because the men in our family just gently caress everything with legs and things escalate quickly, so we basically celebrate everything. christmas day comes along and there are all these jews getting drunk to hell on the verandah, eating prawns (:psyduck:) and talking about Hitler (...:psyduck:). seriously we ate prawns and drank champagne and talked about Hitler for like six hours and it was fantastic.

i really like my family

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
lots of people have terrible grandmothers so i try not to be smug about mine but she's just so great i can't help it :3:

she randomly oscillates between religions, a few years ago she got all teary watching crucifixion enactments on tv the night before easter and decided she was going to go to dawn mass the next day for the first time in her whole life, but then we stayed up until 4am drinking champagne and didn't get out of bed until the next afternoon so she missed it and was too hungover to go to the evening one

also i was looking in her freezer once and i found a box of kosher imitation bacon bits right next to a box of actual bacon

anyway that's enough about my grandmother, you can all go back to talking about your southern gothic nightmare families

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
these puppy photos are very old but they're still a puppy and a very australian puppy at that

look at that blue pudding

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
under that velvety exterior he was 98% needle teeth

(the other 2% was kisses)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i pressed my forehead against a boiling urn because it had a reflective surface and i was mesmerised by my own beauty

miraculously it didn't scar, idk how

dogchat: cattledogs tbh, the blue pudding from before was 2% kisses as a baby because cattledoglets exist only to consume, but as an adult he was approximately 90% kisses (10% sitting around with his legs splayed and his dong hanging out and his eyes pointing in different directions, they are majestic beings)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
please feel free to ask me at any time for a detailed rundown of what women find attractive in a man as i consider myself the last word on the subject

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

VendaGoat posted:

You feelings on; Hawaiian shirts, Jam shorts, crocs and a fedora.
no, no, no, only if you're leonard cohen

the above sentence is also what i say to men who are trying to seduce me (see below)

but sometimes i will consider them if they provide evidence that they'd be a suitable mate. possible mating displays include buying drinks (coffee yes, cocktails yes, bottled water no, methylated spirits no), ostentatious dress/peacocking (alarming wig + feather boa + horn-rimmed glasses + sequined nipple pasties combination yes, fursuit no) dancing (quickstep shuffle yes, white guy convulsions no, poledancing maybe) or straight-up dropping their pants and waving their dong at me in front of everybody (only consider this if your dong is impressive or you are prepared to physically battle the 2-5 policemen who come to arrest you, which i find quite erotic but only if you win)

behaviour is everything, physical traits like skin/hair/eye pigmentation, body size and general hairiness are less important than generally assumed as long as you're not one of those creepy british guys with bright red skin ginger hair and no eyebrows as i will not have that poo poo in my bed, i will not have it (exceptional cases will be considered on a case-to-case basis)

note: hawaiian men are exempt from the no-hawaiian-shirts rule

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
females respond to advances from unsuitable mates in various ways depending on the individual; my personal display is lying down on the floor and peeing straight up into the air while screaming loudly, which i believe is quite common and distinctive. if a woman does this, it is time to leave.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Sabel posted:

Really pretty men that look like women
n

unless they've got some freakish juxtaposition going on where they take their shirt off and it's just this monstrous thicket of hair and a python cock hanging to their ankles and i think, my god, you really are a man and what a man, i'm blessed to perceive you

otherwise, unsatisfactory

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i was basically raised by dogs and sometimes i still growl when startled

people like to touch my jewfro but they never do it again

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
seriously though let your dogs raise your child while you get drunk every night, it has hilarious lifelong social repercussions

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
customers asking my age happened all the time, i'm 23 but apparently i look 16

they also asked my ethnicity, like straight up just walk up to my counter and say "hey what country are you from" or sometimes they tried to guess it which was pretty funny. lots of disappointed old greek ladies

retail is an interesting environment, luckily i got in a screaming match with a deranged american air hostess who was throwing olives at me and no longer have to worry about working retail (now i have to worry very much about eating and paying my rent instead but it's ok)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

r nasty posted:

all women touch their own hair, it's calling preening
it's how we spread essential oils and remove dirt

we also take frequent dust baths to promote lustre and sheen

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i wait for a dust storm to roll around and then i strip off and run through the fields like a gazelle

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
to strengthen your boobs, lift dumbbells with them

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i tried to dye my hair grey when i was 13 and it turned bright purple

i tried to dye it "cinnamon" when i was 17 and it turned bright purple again

and i tried to dye it bright purple when i was 21 and it turned black

gently caress it

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i can't afford to go to the cinema so i read movie reviews and compose the entire thing in my imagination and then get confused and belligerent when other people discuss the film and it doesn't match my version

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

glowing-fish posted:

You are only supposed to do that with politics.
it's basically how i live my entire life

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
write her a poem about how even though she's wealthier than you and won't give you any of her goddamn money, you still regard her fondly due to socio-cultural emphasis on familial bonds especially between female relatives

alternately, buy her some wine

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

fused glass jewelry is pretty cheap and it's so shiny it's really hard not to like it
or if you're really poor, bottlecaps are also cheap and shiny

if you decorate her bedroom with bottlecaps it will feel more luxurious, there are birds that do that and it works for them; just make sure you keep it a surprise

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Rita Repulsa posted:

wine's a good idea
look i'd give her all my money if i could
the money ref though is just to show what she already has compared to what i can give her even if i spent everything
i love her a lot, she's been there for me and she's the only member of my family with a shred of sanity and compassion.
her previous gifts to me include a tea making robot and an ipad. this is what i'm competing with. either of those would mean i'm not paying rent next month.
stop being mean to me :(
i am being mean only ironically, i know the pain of being unable to afford gift shopping and want the best for you and your family. we are still friends

anyway this year my presents are all hand-drawn watercolours of birds and fish, idk what your artistic ability is but good family members love handmade gifts; or you could always commission a picture from some internet person who's not too expensive (not trying to pimp myself here, i live in australia so i'd be wildly inappropriate plus i'm sure you can find someone better)

does she have a favourite creature and/or plant? if she's renovating now you can find out her house's new colour scheme and ask for something that complements the colours AND includes a thing that she likes! plus it would be unique and personalised

your sister sounds cool tbh and you sound like a good sister too so i hope things work out

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
narwhal tusk

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have a tender delicate shrinking violet of a vagina and am intimidated by this discussion

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

A Spider Covets posted:

are you talking about a vaginal flaying beast or something???
you got it

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
a homeless man yelled YUMMY at me the other night

i was quite aroused

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my favourite was a crazy old hobo who yelled at my mother and i "I'M GONNA GET YOUSE BOTH PREGNANT WHEN YOU'RE READY!"

very considerate of him, in all honesty

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

rocketpig posted:

An old guy once stopped his car, shook his head at me, then he drove off.

I have no idea.
haha that actually happened to me the other day

he was wearing a yarmulke so idk if my dress wasn't up to orthodox standards that day or what (it wasn't)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
as previously established my dog is basically a cat anyway

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
poo poo wait that was another thread nvm

anyway my dog is basically a cat, he buries his own poop and everything

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh man i just realised i lost my icon when i got banned, r.i.p. avshafairy 2013-2013

i can post again now and i'm drat happy. ty to my comrades in the irc channel for keeping me sane during this terrible, terrible time. you are all actually p cool dudes and/or dudettes

this is how you make me feel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have a baby animal photo for every occasion

my Idyllic Rural Childhood also included horses (well not really but someone randomly gave us a free standardbred mare a few years ago and things escalated)

this is tommy, racing name Bone Machine. he's about four years old now but these photos were taken during the most important time of his life

he's currently in training to be a glorious trotter, his sister was p. good until she broke her leg (r.i.p. :smith:) so we have high hopes

• Locked thread