Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
p angstrum is a handy incarnon as it doesn't need headshots to charge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
1hr to pax devstream. I use my psychic power to determine they are going to announce Protea Prime.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Parvos is going to be mad that the orokin held out on giving him the better Protea.

Really wonder what they're going to do with her that could look cooler than her deluxe. In general I like that over time they've shifted to primes having more of a theme to them over just the base model but with some gold pipes and orokin color scheme. If I had to guess I feel like Protea prime will be more of a prototype of the regular frame vibe.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 22, 2024

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Jade Shadows teaser image is pretty drat yonic.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

The Jade Shadows teaser image is pretty drat yonic.

After an infinite amount of people doing it with their fashion, they just decided to go and do it themselves.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
I just reinstalled. I last played right when the added the parazon. I don't even know what year that was. Can my feeble old man brain handle parsing all the new stuff?

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think there's anything too strange added since. mostly just reworks of existing systems, two open world zones, two mission hubs, and necramechs.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Cinamatic Stalker quest huh, I'm down.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think there's anything too strange added since. mostly just reworks of existing systems, two open world zones, two mission hubs, and necramechs.

And Duviri! And Railjack! And Liches!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
parazon came with liches, i think. rj preceded it.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Golgozor posted:

I just reinstalled. I last played right when the added the parazon. I don't even know what year that was. Can my feeble old man brain handle parsing all the new stuff?

Since you included a switch and PSN tag in your signature, it might be worth noting that cross-platform saving has been implemented. You can go here, merge your account, and play it wherever.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Golgozor posted:

That'd be late 2019. The core game is still the core game. There's a hardmode for the star chart (and a handful of side-modes) that is generally well thought of and overall player power has increased significantly. Things will feel weird but the content additions/changes mostly follow the grand Warframe tradition of bolting on sidemodes to varying degrees of success.

If you try parsing everything at once your brain will break but it's not due to age. The human mind is only meant to take in so many random funny words until it shuts down.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Prop Wash posted:

Since you included a switch and PSN tag in your signature, it might be worth noting that cross-platform saving has been implemented. You can go here, merge your account, and play it wherever.

Nah, that's a wiiu account, I've also not made a post or updated my signature since who knows when.

I narrowed down the year and have got a grasp on what I need to do. The game seems fresh, taking that long break seems like a good idea in the end.

Golgozor fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 23, 2024

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

FishMcCool posted:

Unless you were an early backer, that's your Skana Prime for all intents and purposes. And these days it has an incarnon. Can't remember what the incarnon form does, but the passive buffs probably make it stupidly good.

By all means grab the Prisma Skana for mastery fodder, but the Nami Solo Incarnon is leagues better. They are both 70% Slash-weighted weapons, but the NSI has an extra 3 meters range, higher riven dispo, and the heavy attack hits in a full 360-spin with forced slash, while the Skana is a forward cone with no forced slash. Oh, and the NSI gets a buff where force-equipping it gives 100% Follow-through.

I managed to jam 17 meters of range on the NSI, which makes the Heavy attack hit in a 34-meter radius and do a 12x Tennokai slash-nuke to the entire room. 2.5 base range, +3 from Incarnon, +3 from Primed Reach, +2 from Spring-Loaded Blade, +3.8 from Riven, +3 from Opportunity's Reach, that's 17.3 meters in all directions around you in a multi-hit spin.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Questions:
What's the deal with the necramechs during missions? Do they have any new gimmicks?
What's the meta for murmur faction? Gather the hidden medals like the Holdfasts/Zariman?
Do you get a SP statue for doing the new deimos missions?
What's the new pet rules?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

temple posted:

Questions:
What's the deal with the necramechs during missions? Do they have any new gimmicks?
What's the meta for murmur faction? Gather the hidden medals like the Holdfasts/Zariman?
Do you get a SP statue for doing the new deimos missions?
What's the new pet rules?

- The Voidrig necramech is useful in the Profit Taker battle and the 4 can deal very heavy damage. The melee Bonewidow is bad but funny because you can carry a ragdolled enemy around with it. Launch them in missions if you want a change of pace or to level them to 40 for the MR points. Necramech Repair used to be a very expensive mod but now it's sold cheap by Cavia.

edit: If you mean fighting the Rogue Voidrigs in Murmur content, they are the tankiest non-boss enemy and heavily armored. A very strong single Slash proc, like from a 12x Tennokai strike on some melee, is one of the best bets to stop them quickly. They are status capped to 4 of each status. They are worth fighting because they drop an Entrati Lanthorn about half the time, which can be Resource Boosted. To find them, you need to allow the Rogue Culverin mechs to interact with an alarm console uninterrupted, which summons the Rogue Voidrig... some of the time. It's kinda buggy.

- For Murmur faction, you can use the Orokin Eye air support to detect where the Voca are hidden on the map. There's a few spots you typically find some like an overhang tunnel above extraction that has 0-3 of them. Loid will trade you some each day. You can cap daily standing without them by just running bounties, and save the thingies for days you don't want to run bounties. Right now the arcanes you can buy with them like Melee Influence and Melee Exposure sell for 150p or more at max rank. One of the easiest plat farms right now.

- You get an SP statue for Deimos once. I'm not sure if the new nodes are required at this point.

- Pets now when downed will always get back up by waiting. Non-Sentinel pets can be revived manually, and both Sentinel/non-Sentinel can speed up revive by using mods like Primed Regen and the various Bond mod conditionals. Generally don't worry about any survivability mods on them at all, because you can res them near instantly with the right Bond choices. Most pets should run Tenacious Bond because that's a free +1.2 final flat crit for you when they are over 50% crit chance (Bite mod on kavat/vulpaphyla pets, Vulklok/Vulcax with Critical Delay on Sentinels). Manifold bond lets a lot of sentinels trigger Archon Stretch in a roundabout way (but not Helios because his abilities don't damage) and gives a ton of easy recovery reduction. Vicious Bond on Helios Deconstructor (with +bounce and high attack speed, use the normal attack mod, avoid the bugged mod that mentions attacking with Glaives it is slow) gives some awesome percent-based passive armor strip to any setup.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Mar 23, 2024

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Primed regen+the bond mod that lowers pet revive cooldown when killing eximus units basically guarantees 100% uptime

tervamaha
May 31, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

Most pets should run Tenacious Bond because that's a free +1.2 final flat crit for you when they are over 50% crit chance (Bite mod on kavat/vulpaphyla pets, Vulklok/Vulcax with Critical Delay on Sentinels).
Ooh, that's a good tip. I have 8 formas and a pretty good riven on my Vulklok. I see my Diriga has killed over 160,000 enemies with it :eyepop:

Diriga Prime when

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

- The Voidrig necramech is useful in the Profit Taker battle and the 4 can deal very heavy damage. The melee Bonewidow is bad but funny because you can carry a ragdolled enemy around with it. Launch them in missions if you want a change of pace or to level them to 40 for the MR points. Necramech Repair used to be a very expensive mod but now it's sold cheap by Cavia.

edit: If you mean fighting the Rogue Voidrigs in Murmur content, they are the tankiest non-boss enemy and heavily armored. A very strong single Slash proc, like from a 12x Tennokai strike on some melee, is one of the best bets to stop them quickly. They are status capped to 4 of each status. They are worth fighting because they drop an Entrati Lanthorn about half the time, which can be Resource Boosted. To find them, you need to allow the Rogue Culverin mechs to interact with an alarm console uninterrupted, which summons the Rogue Voidrig... some of the time. It's kinda buggy.

- For Murmur faction, you can use the Orokin Eye air support to detect where the Voca are hidden on the map. There's a few spots you typically find some like an overhang tunnel above extraction that has 0-3 of them. Loid will trade you some each day. You can cap daily standing without them by just running bounties, and save the thingies for days you don't want to run bounties. Right now the arcanes you can buy with them like Melee Influence and Melee Exposure sell for 150p or more at max rank. One of the easiest plat farms right now.

- You get an SP statue for Deimos once. I'm not sure if the new nodes are required at this point.

- Pets now when downed will always get back up by waiting. Non-Sentinel pets can be revived manually, and both Sentinel/non-Sentinel can speed up revive by using mods like Primed Regen and the various Bond mod conditionals. Generally don't worry about any survivability mods on them at all, because you can res them near instantly with the right Bond choices. Most pets should run Tenacious Bond because that's a free +1.2 final flat crit for you when they are over 50% crit chance (Bite mod on kavat/vulpaphyla pets, Vulklok/Vulcax with Critical Delay on Sentinels). Manifold bond lets a lot of sentinels trigger Archon Stretch in a roundabout way (but not Helios because his abilities don't damage) and gives a ton of easy recovery reduction. Vicious Bond on Helios Deconstructor (with +bounce and high attack speed, use the normal attack mod, avoid the bugged mod that mentions attacking with Glaives it is slow) gives some awesome percent-based passive armor strip to any setup.
Thanks so much. I'll play around with my helios because I haven't updated its mods in a while. I noticed the Murmur voidrigs were a little weird to fight. Thanks again!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Also, if you have access to Oberon, or smite from a subsumed Oberon, it seriously fucks up the Murmur, especially Hollow Veins and Anatomizers. - I go into a little more detail in this post:

Agents are GO! posted:

So I did the weird defense variant with the Murmur, and Oberon - especially with Smitr - still deletes Murmur, so I did a little digging I to why.

The Murmur have a new health type that's weak to piercing and radiation. The have no armor or shields to strip, they're just big bags of HP.

Smite does radiation damage to the initial target, and then spawns orbs that seek out nearby targets and do radiation/piercing damage that's a significant percentage of the original targets HP - like 35%. These orbs will absolutely circle around and hit the original target, too.

This annihilates Hollow Veins and Anatomizers, and is no slouch against the other Murmur either.

So, If you have Oberon, or smite subsumed, use it.

Edit: link wasn't working, just quoted instead.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 23, 2024

temple
Jul 29, 2006

edit: misquote

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sooo do we need an official update now on whether or not Mag can get pregnant?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

:chloe:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Foreshadowed it 3 months ago.

https://youtu.be/A8Lj8jbr5SI

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Never say never

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
If sappient can form babby, why not worfrem

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

It's new years eve, 1999, and mag is out of birth control pills....

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
:yikes:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So how about that Cedo, huh?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Agents are GO! posted:

So how about that Cedo, huh?

Ce dos preggers frames

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So how am I supposed to play Hildryn? She seems kind of underwhelming.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Ignore her 1 and her 4, always have her 3 active, thus providing shields to friendlies and making them immortal, cast her 2 all the time in order to strip defenses from enemies and always have shields to cast from, people recommend a high strength for that but if you're going to mash it, it doesn't really matter, does it? Be sure to cast it while bullet jumping because for some godforsaken reason it roots you during the cast.

Oh yeah, her 2 or 3 aug, the one that lights enemeis on fire when hit by her 2 while her 3 is active is great, never go out without it, unless you helminth her 2 on another frame, then they can't use it, sadly.

Her 2 range is ruled in large parts by her duration stat, this doesn't mean you want it too high, because it'd mean a long time without shields painting themselves back on. Also with a shield mod she's got absurd reserves to cast from, dump eff all you want.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Agents are GO! posted:

So how am I supposed to play Hildryn? She seems kind of underwhelming.

You feed her to helminth and give pillage to other warframes

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Pillage is extremely good and due to her unique mechanics it's easy to dump efficiency, get enormous range and power, and spam it constantly while being immortal. But that's basically all she does so she's pretty one note.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
stripping defenses is very important in sp and hildryn is the best at doing so.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Hildryn is incredible. Her 4 is useful for restoring energy to the squad, but popular helminth options are roar, gloom, or elemental ward electricity (my favorite). Pillage has an augment that sets enemies on fire with Haven. Stunned with heat and electricity—two statuses primed for gundition/condition. 328 str with corpro strips armor with one cast.

I think she works best with some duration, as the pulse moves with you and you can capture more enemies with one cast. That way other things like roar or elemental ward last a bit longer too.

With arcane aegis and primed redirection she’s basically unkillable.

She’s also a really good choice for rj.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 24, 2024

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Also get an Archon Vitality in her, makes her 3+2+augment combination proc 2 times. It can be rank 0, the double proc part doesn't change.

/edit: you can run this with 1 forma if you ignore prime sure footed. I got no shards in her atm.

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 25, 2024

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

smallmouth posted:

328 str with corpro strips armor with one cast.

How do you hit 328 str, are ability strength arcanes a key part of this equation?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I Am Just a Box posted:

How do you hit 328 str, are ability strength arcanes a key part of this equation?

Yes, or archon shards. My build is just like the above posted except primed continuity instead of archon vitality and primed redirection. I have 5 regular red archon shards so far, 3 for ability strength and 2 for duration. I tried negative duration, but didn't like it--particularly with elemental ward. Most SP trash mobs melt by the time I walk up to them. Stats are below.

148%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

I Am Just a Box posted:

Yup. Molt Augmented is good and not painful to get. It is probably my most-used arcane behind Energize. You could do a similar thing with archon shards, but in general I'd rather have cast speed in there.