Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
As always, I'll post an infodump about the livestream once it's over. Also you should probably add a recommended "first new weapons to buy" for new players since that gets asked a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Stream infodump!
    they unboxed a PS4
    Showed some PS4 gameplay
    -gesture pad directions to use powers
    Some better optimization options being added
    Matchmaking is changing
    -Updates are going to be sent to central server, then friends list rather than updating everyone on your friends list individually
    -Will automatically choose best host based on internet/hardware/framerate (including key lobbies)
    Berserker
    -showed some WIP animations (spinning a kunai in her fingers, Energy Claws ultimate looks like a sereis of spammed melee)
    -1st ability is grappling hook (can use on environment or enemies, if kills an enemy it rips the enemy apart)
    it was a bad idea to put stats on aesthetic items (aka helmets)
    want to do something to split up stats and appearance
    3D Lotus model
    Update 11 solar system UI
    Gear slot hotkeys being added
    Codex confirmed for Update 11
    -Scans are more effective while in stealthed
    -Scanning UI
    -Codex UI (base stats, shows where the enemy appears, possible drops, etc)
    -Mod collection (shows all possible mod drops w/ blank spots for uncollected mods)
    -low level enemies need more scans than high level enemies
    -can keep up scanner while meleeing (since scanner acts as pseudo-weapon)
    Hunt for Alad V: Update 11 event will further Alad V's lore and will introduce a few new characters
    -will have to help somebody out to find Alad V
    Mini-invasions are going to break out occasionally (including battle pay!)
    Infestation invasions will break out on nodes somewhat randomly rather than just the current system of held locations
    Showed up infested and corpus whip animations
    Update 300: Rideable chargers
    Gas City
    Gas city balcony
    Gas city supposed to have a lot vertical movement
    Heavy impact going to fixed to be velocity based
    Update 11 will have new enemies (including most hated enemy ever!)
    Ember supposed to get buffs for update 11
    Ember Prime (ANIMATED FIRE ON HELMET)
    PS4-PC crossplay will be like the Rainbow Bridge (can play when builds are in sync)
    Damage 2.0 is a massive change
    -Rainbow builds going away, damage types will combine into new damage types
    -defenses are going to be systemic between factions (these guys are robotic so they are weak to x)
    -shields/armor/health are going to have damage types that are strong/weak against them
    -armor or shields are going to be removed from some enemies - so an enemy that had heavy shields and a little armor might have entirely shields and no armor now
    -Proc system mentioned but not explained, but enemies can proc too (sawblade causing a bleed proc)
    Update 11 "right around the corner" (probably middle of next week)
    Trading
    -build trading post in dojo
    -can only trade mods and keys at first
    -number of trades per day = mastery level
    Star chart will now give mastery (will be retroactive)
    Achievements coming in Update 11
    Shipyard Concept art
    grineer ship smelting
    Concept art
    :siren: Resource drone coming for Update 11
    - deploy on a system and it will mine for an amount of time, and then you can claim the resources
    - not platinum-only!
    - drone can take damage and be shot down if not claimed
    - could collect rare resource
    - can have multiple drones, 1-2 at least (based on mastery rank somehow)
    Warframe skins going to be for every frame (at some point)
    Update 11 is going to be biggest update yet
    Scarf physics going to be improved
    24 hour catalyst alert
    New Sargas Ruk coming for update 11

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

MotU posted:

Is there a dash button in this game? I didn't see anything in the tutorial but I was not sure

There's a sprint button. If you're on PC, you'll want to rebind either crouch or sprint somewhere else - there are reasons you'll want to be crouching and sprinting at the same time and it's pretty awkward to do with the default controls.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Feenix posted:

Is there a way to tell stat comparisons or whatever? Like there's this Cronus Blade I can build now, but I have NO idea if its worth 12 hours and 15,000 credits plus valuable parts.

How do I know if it's better than my default Skana sword?

Quick Primer for melee weapons: is it a single longsword or dagger? It's poo poo and you should never build it. Best melee by far right now is the Galatine, but a heavy weapon (Gram/Scindo/Fragor/Orthos) or Dual Heat Swords/Dual Ether Swords are also good.

Piell fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Nov 19, 2013

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Crowbear posted:

Thanks for the pistol tips guys. Turns out I had a bunch of Neurodes lying around so I've got a Vasto building right now.

I also realized that I recently got my Braton up to 30, so I guess it's time to look at stepping up my primary. I usually gravitate to shotguns in shooters, are they any good in this game?

And a couple of other things I've been wonder about :

1) At what point does Mag stop being hilariously overpowered? Through the first 3 worlds + half of Saturn I can run around spamming Pull and destroying entire levels, doing like 70% of the groups damage. I take it this won't last forever.

2) What the gently caress are you supposed to do if the Stalker shows up? I've gotten him 4 times already and when there's a group he just mauls us all. When I'm solo I either auto-fail the mission or waste my revives trying to get away.

Shotguns are alright, but not really top tier weapons at the moment. Pull is getting a nerf at some point soon, but right now Mag is always awesome. Even with that said, Pull does fall off a bit once you get near endgame since it won't kill things as fast. Stalker is basically just a gear check. Once you get good enough mods/weapons you can burn him down in like a second, but until then there's not really a lot you can do.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Berserkers revealed powers:
1)Grappling hook - launch yourself wherever or pull one enemy
2 or 3, unknown which) +melee speed/+armor for allies, -movespeed for enemies
4)Energy claws

There is still one unrevealed power.

a foolish pianist posted:

I played a bit today, and I discovered that I can build the Cronus sword with crap I've collected. So far, melee has been terrible - the forward motion involved means missing most of the time, flailing about like an idiot, but that's just been with the starting weapon. Would making the Cronus improve that? Also, should I join the goon clan? I don't know what it would do. My PSN is phentyn, though.

All single daggers/longswords suck. If you want the best melee weapon in the game, make the Galatines. If you want to launch yourself all over the map by spin-attacking, build zorens.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Yaos posted:

After playing some more I found some things I don't like. Sometimes the levels require running across walls, but nobody knows how to do it (and neither do I), so we spend a few minutes jumping at a wall until the wall run decides to kick in. The green lasers that bounce you back are annoying as hell and only serve to make the mission take longer; I thought the cameras brought them up but I've gotten stuck behind lasers with no camera in sight.

Vertical wall run: hold sprint and jump into a wall straight on
Horizontal wall run: hold sprint and jump into the wall at an angle.

All the wallrun spots have white scrapes along them from months of Tenno infiltrations.

The cameras don't have to spot you to bring up the lasers, they can spot your buddies as well. You can slide-melee through them (hold sprint and crouch and melee) without taking any damage. Veteran players will do this basically 100% of the time and not even both with cameras.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Doji Sekushi posted:

2 questions:

1 - Where do my login rewards go? Two days now it's showed me a pistol as my reward but have nothing new in my inventory.

2 - Is there any way to clan chat on ps4? Seems odd that I can only message one person at a time...its gonna make grouping up kind of a pain in the rear end.

(Also on PS4 right now about to start farming jackal with some tasty whiskey at my side. Anyone wanna come along?)

You aren't getting a pistol reward, you are getting Pistol XP.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

raverrn posted:

Someone tell me how to level mods with plat. NOW.

Trade

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This is the dumbest thing since the Wraith crit rate was definitely not a bug.

Guess I won't be logging in until they hotfix the hotfix.

e; so does damage 2.0 actually make the lovely weapons viable now?

Enemies seem super weak right now, so who knows. We'll have to wait for the patches to settle out a bit before we know what's what.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

hooah posted:

Couple of questions: How do you equip a scanner? And have they said anything about an overall reward for this event like the last one?

Buy it in the market, equip it in a gear slot, bind a key to that gear slot. There's no reward other than a badge (and battle pay, of course).

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

DatonKallandor posted:

So does anyone know what the various enemy races are weak to yet? You'd think that information (and what elements combine into what) would be part of the Codex, but it doesn't seem to be.

Knowing how much slash, puncture and blunt damage I have is useless information if I don't know which is good against which enemy type.

This is the Damage 2.0 work in progress chart they posted a few weeks back

Those almost certainly aren't the final numbers, but the categories of what stuff is weak vs strong against is probably still correct for the most part.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Azran posted:

So how the hell do you scan stuff? I looked around the keybindings in Options, and I didn't find anything.

Buy the scanner in the market, equip it in a gear slot in the Arsenal, bind a key to that gear slot.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Tezzeract posted:

Is it worthwhile to potato the Braton Vandal?

No, it's worse than the regular Braton and that's probably not worth potatoing either.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

7c Nickel posted:

Glaive Prime is in Void Defense. I've gotten like 4 Blades so far and none of the Braton parts I actually want.

Also the poster above me is dumb. The Braton Vandal is a fine gun, especially now that it has a 10% proc chance.

Woops that's what I get for not checking things. It was still bad right after they put out Damage 2.0, so they must have buffed it in one of the hotfixes.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

amuayse posted:

How do I get neurodes?

Play Cyath on Eris, it's a major XP farming spot and you'll usually get 3 or 4 neurodes per missions as well.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Amazon has a sale for platinum (+some mods and boosts) at 50% off until December 2. You'll get 1500 platinum for the $50 dollar package compared to 1050 platinum for the Prime Access $50 package. It's not as good a deal as getting a 50% off coupon in the daily login rewards, but it's still pretty good.

Piell fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 23, 2013

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Yaos posted:

I think I've stopped being a newbie, I think I understand the game now. A great way to rank up and also get mod cards is doing defense missions. The Braton is a beast; I'm killing things left and right and in my first mobile defense mission, an infestation mission, I got 187 kills and the next closest had 126 kills. When you fuse cards they double the stats on the card, and the mod space or whatever it's called goes up by one, you can also use fusion cores to fuse when you don't have matching cards. This means you should not max out your cards since they take up valuable space, and new gear won't be able to take high stat cards.

It feels so good understanding how the game works, the game no longer steams my carrots.

Unfortunately you have learned the wrong lesson. You want to max out your cards, because it's more efficient. For example, Hellfire and Stormbringer each cost 6 points to equip (so 12 points total), and add +15% fire and +15% electricity. If you maxed out, Hellfire, it costs 11 points to equip and adds +90% fire damage, for a lot more damage overall. And you'll end up with plenty of low level mods to equip as you play more, while you use your high level mods as you potato/forma your poo poo.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I really want to believe that's how it's supposed to work and someone just coded the calculations wrong.

It's literally how every other percentile thing works, so nope, sorry.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
+Shield is good, but +health isn't as useful. Getting it up a few levels might be handy for when you're levelling a frame from the lower bits, but I wouldn't pour a bunch of mods into +health after that. Generally, you'll want most of your frame slots to go to powers and mods that boost powers (+Rush if you're one of the slower frames).

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 25, 2013

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Wales Grey posted:

No. All damage types have a status effect, and it seems to pick which effect to apply somewhat randomly. (It only applies 1 effect per proc.)

Impact: Knockback
Puncture: Weakened (reduced damage output)
Slash: Bleed (health reduced over time, healing blocked)

Fire: Ignited (fire damage over time)
Freeze: Slowdown
Electrical: Chain Electricity Damage
Poison: Poison DoT to health

Blast (fire+freeze): Knockdown
Radiation (fire+electrical): Confusion (Attacks and draws aggro from nearest enemy)
Gas (fire+poison): Toxin AOE
Magnetic (freeze+electrical): Penalty to max shields
Viral(freeze+poison): Penalty to max health
Corrosive (electric+poison): Penalty to armor

[courtesy of doorframe wiki]

edit: I'm pretty sure they also hosed up the maths on the status proc mods. I mean, why else would you have a mod that only adds 15% of your (already absurdly tiny) status proc chance instead of just adding 15% to the chance? Unless it's X% chance per proc per shot.

Why have armor boosting mods that add an absurdly tiny amount of armor for like half the frames in the game? The proc chance percentage increase mod is working as intended, it's supposed to be a percentage of the base proc rate.

Edit: And crit chance mods work the exact same way.

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 25, 2013

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

So what are some good basic mods for Kunai? And Galatine?

Not that its really relevant now, but which clan weapons seem most worthwhile? They seem to take a lot of resources/time.

Ignis and Embolist are the best right now IMO, with the Ignis being the best clan weapon.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

barren_sky posted:

Thanks for the help, guys. And just so I'm clear on this, the best way to farm is to go solo? I know some items are split between the team, but random drops like that are first-come-first-serve, right?

Best way to farm is to hook up with goons who are also farming and do a survival/mobile defense mission, since they have the most enemies and thus get the most drops.

QuantaStarFire posted:

He's also buggy as gently caress. Be prepared to abort a lot when he becomes unkillable (outside of the bubble phases).

BTW, the Warframe packs are included in the Steam sale, so $20-$50 gets you a bunch of plat and essentially free mods and credits. I'm debating whether I want to grab the Tenno pack or the starter and/or gift packs. Not sure if they'll dip lower than 50% off, but I've got them on my wish list and will be keeping an eye on them.

IIRC from the last Steam Sale they did go to 75% off at one point, so for those who want cheap plat might be better to wait until the sale is almost over and see if they go down to that again.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Ignis is the best gun IMO because you can hit a ton of enemies at once (including through walls without having to include a penetrating mod) as well as doing lots of damage.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Helter Skelter posted:

Eh? The Ignis doesn't go through walls that I've ever seen. Around, sure, but not through. I've specifically tested it by attempting to shoot through doors where I know an enemy is on the other side, even. A Shred mod is part of my standard loadout on it for that very reason.

It's still really good though.

Ignis ignores walls entirely as far as I can tell, you can totally shoot through doors easy.

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Is there any melee weapon that is as cool as Galatine? I see why a lot of people run it now. I understand that melee is rear end in this game but at the very least this weapon is satisfying.

Also, I managed to pick up Stalkers bow from the Forma Alert several hours ago? Any advice where to take this thing once its built?

The Dread does slashing damage which is good against Infested.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I've been putting pretty much just whatever on my Rhino, but can anyone recommend a better mod loadout?

Get rid of Vitality, you should always have Iron Skin up and if that goes down you should still have plenty of shields to soak damage before you put Iron Skin back up. I'd probably ditch Continuity as well, it really only makes a difference on Roar. Then put on Focus and max out Streamline.

Dezztroy posted:

Are you sure about this part? When I ran it, I never saw the Stalker. Of course, he might have just instantly killed one of the pubbies and then run off.

The stalker seems incredibly weak on that alert, he didn't even get an attack off when I was running it.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Feindfeuer posted:

I say vitality has recieved a buff in Dmg 2.0. Shield is not the end-all damage soaker it used to be and if you get proced by slashing damage you will get a health DoT, the heavier/higher the damage/enemy, the more brutal the DoT. This will hit right through your shields. I don't know if it also procs through Iron Skin though, as I am the only Rhino who has it not equipped at all.

It doesn't go through Iron Skin as far as I've noticed, Iron Skin stops everything (except Stalkers).

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Right now, Vitality, Continuity and Marathon are in there pretty much just because I've got nothing else to spend my mod points on that would even make a difference. Sadly, I don't have Focus.

I think I'm going to forma the top left slot to a -. Good/bad idea?

Good idea. In my opinion you should always use polarize a power slot first (well, that or the aura slot), because all frames have at least one lovely power that isn't worth slotting.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

wid posted:

What's the hotspot for neurodes? Also, now that golem is gone, is Alad V the go-to pinnata for neural sensor now?

Cyath is good for neurodes, you can generally get 2 or 3 per run.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
My idea for weapons: Remove +damage and +multishot, since they don't actually do anything interesting. Increase base damage by level to compensate. Change +elemental damage mods to change a percentage of the base damage to that type. Add a bunch more mods with upside/downsides, so that you can turn a Soma into a high ammo bullet hose or a slow firing death cannon or a crit-based corrosive bullet shooter.

For frames: Powers shouldn't take up mod card slots. Split the mod slots up between Power slots (which increase/modify powers) and Warframe slots (which increase health/shields/stamina/speed etc.)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Clocks posted:

Actually, now's probably a good time to question Damage 2.0. Back when I played people liked to stack +damage and something else I think, but what are the best mods to typically stack on weapons now? Still +damage and something else?

Literally nothing has changed, +damage, +multishot and elemental mods are still the top priority (plus crit mods on the few weapons with high base crit). The only difference is that now it makes a difference what order you have elemental mods in, and they added a toxin elemental type. Oh, and +armor piercing is bad now - you only use a mod that adds a damage type bonus (slashing/piercing/crushing) if the weapon is almost entirely that type. For all their talk of "getting rid of rainbow builds", the rainbow build is alive and well.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

amuayse posted:

How do I get to mastery level 6 fast? I was crushed I couldn't build my Ogris when I got all the components.

Make crappy weapons, equip two crappy weapons and one good one and then go run Cyath over and over.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

triplexpac posted:

I'm checking out the wiki, but does anyone have anything to say about Transmutation? I'm pretty new to the game, but I have a bunch of mods and I'm not sure if it's worth doing at low level.

Don't do it.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

triplexpac posted:

So I'm playing this game super casually, just going through a match or two every few days.

I finally got enough to buy the Braton. What should I aim to do next?

Strun is good if you like shotguns, Boltor just got a buff so it should be pretty decent as well.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Dewgy posted:

Infested mobile defense makes me never want to play this game again. Sure, a swarm of dudes so tightly packed around you you can't move or jump, and disruptors so you have zero energy for abilities, ever!

gently caress this. I know it's not balanced around solo but that's absolute horseshit. Eventually you just can't move, and you have to stare as your Tenno gets stunlocked from full health and shields to nothing, while your controller does gently caress-all for 30 seconds.

Play Rhino, gently caress everything.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Livestream summary

hotfix this evening for armor/damage 2.0 (how enemy armor applies on health, making resistances more consistent per faction)
    want to simplify early/midgame in terms of damage type combinations required
    going to keep looking at reactions to infested invasion
    working to buff Saryn and Ember (and hopefully Valkyr) for 1.5 (not necessarily final changes)
    New "Paladin" warframe coming in 11.5
    -
    - Balance of support and damage output
    - help increase team survivability
    will see Darvo-style events again, Darvo will be in-game eventually

Lotus model

New melee system
    - can equip melee weapon and run around with it
    - making blocking more useful
    - new combo system and more depth
    - levelling up melee unlock stages of moves (applied retroactively)
    - weapon posture/grip system - every weapon grip can be used in one of two stances

XP Bar in HUD for sentinel/melee coming
    New UI preview (lvl 44 Braton not a real thing)

New Grineer jungle tileset (what became of Earth after Orokin left)
    - initial introduction through event next week
    - scanning as part of gameplay
    - adding a day/night cycle (not real time, based on when you login), with different gameplay

Brand new grineer cover/movement set coming soon with new AI (hoping for update 12)
    Void will be added to the codex later (training coming first)
    Codex will have more lore info
    More weapon-specific mods (Sticky mod for the Penta)
    Question about void loot tables and dilution of the pool, they're going to look at how they treat end-mission rewards and void missions
    Will someday be new factions
    Weapon balancing:
    - Brakk was intended to be a pocket shotgun, not a sniper rifle
    - part of melee 2.0 is to rebalance melee DPS across the board
    - going to fix single longswords to be actually useful
    XP Change
    - initial idea was weapons get XP in proportion to the amount they are used in that match
    - backed off of this for the moment, unsure if/what will change
    Vay Hek with WW2-esque propoganda machine
    - propoganda machine will effect the Tenno
    - multipart enemy
    - will fight through entire mission

Status chance mods/proc chances were intentionally started low, expect changes in the future
    24 hour Orokin Reactor alert after stream

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Crowbear posted:

I just failed the rank 8 test :saddowns:

Any tips? Other than to not be bad at shooting stuff while wall-running.

I'm logging off right now but I'll be around a bunch tomorrow if you still need that stuff.

You can actually be too fast on this. If you're using a fast frame or have a high level Rush mod equipped, take it off.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
One of the biggest thing they could do to both improve the new player experience and make picking weapon mods more interesting than just "all the damage mods" is to fold the straight +damage (Serration etc) and multishot mods into the weapon as it levels. As it is now, literally every player who has those mods has them leveled as much as possible and equipped on every weapon, because they are by far the best weapons mods. Meanwhile new players struggle for quite a while until they can get them, because their damage is so much lower than vets who have those high level mods. If you just fold those into weapon leveling, now everyone is on a more even slope. And because you freed up two mod slots and points, you have space for a greater variety of weapon loadouts.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Denzine posted:

No you don't, because you still have elemental mods adding damage and crit mods adding yet more damage.

You replace "serration, multishot" with "elemental, crit".

Crit mods add a minimal amount of damage to many weapons and wouldn't even be worth slotting on a bunch of them over something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
New Valkyr changes coming

DE_Megan posted:

Paralysis (Third Power) - Now only takes 1/3rd of shields but still calculates damage based on 1/2 shield use.
Hysteria (Fourth Power) - Now has life regain/regeneration as damage is being dealt to enemies.

Life regen at least gives Valkyr a purpose to having such high HP (though I suppose it depends on how much HP it gives back). Paralysis is a bit less self-murdering, so that's better.