Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I just installed this past weekend and been having a good time so far unlocking the star chart.

Lots of poo poo to do so a lot it's pretty overwhelming to start.

Do I have to worry about missing out on anything? My FOMO is at full bore. From what I can tell anything I might miss out on is probably going to be back at some point so I shouldn't worry about it.

Honestly doubt I can make any progress even if there was since I'm just making it past Mars now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Awesome! All of that was super helpful. I'm ready to lose hours and hours.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Newbie question:

I just hit mr5 and am starting to push through Uranus (lol). Things are starting to get harder to kill (probably) because I'm trying to level things simultaneously.

What mr should I be aiming for? It's getting a lot slower now so at some point it's probably a good idea to just equip my best stuff and grind the star chart.

I'm running Excalibur right now and if his exalted blade isn't running I am pretty bad at killing groups. I haven't had non flawed versions of the energy stuff drop yet (continuity, flow) so once that happens I feel like it'll be easier to plow through the missions. My Rhino is done in a day or two so I'll probably go back and grind that frame up to mess around with.

Tldr: star chart or level stuff to get mr? Where's far enough in the chart to take a pause and work on some leveling? Probs right about now that it's slowing down I'd guess.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Yup, just ask in the clan or discord and someone will probs be down to rush you through it no sweat with a cheater frame.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Avulsion posted:

My "Solo Sortie Spy in Under 4 Minutes" build. Just zoom to the objective with Cloud Walker and hack in spoiler mode.

What benefits does spoiler mode give you for hacking? I haven't done much with it yet and I haven't done many spy missions so I might just be missing something obvious.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Good tips, thanks!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Okay so I'm hooked, this game is rad. Is Wukong prime any good? I bought the starter pack and discord Nitro for Saryn now I'm eyeballing the primes that are currently available since the packs come with a ton of platinum.

I bought the middle wukong pack shortly after starting and it really (I think) enhanced my enjoyment of the game. Depends on where you are financially and how much time you have to grind.

No need to whale, because you can grind him fairly easy, but it's nice to have access to him and his weapons at low MRs in addition to the plat.

Edit: wukong normal is available in the dojo so you can give him a test drive first and decide if you wanna just wait for a coupon and buy plat outright.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 18, 2019

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I love me some Fulmin.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

StashAugustine posted:

I keep wanting to build Equinox but they have like four builds and I can't decide on one

Sounds like you need four equinoxes.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
How long did the last intermission last? As long as a normal season?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Rhino is also fine for solo runs.

I ran wukong the other day for a few vaults and didn't have any issues, but was really dissapointed to find that cloud walker was hobbled too.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Explain to a scrub what I need to do to get these. My mods are lacking and sucking

They let you stack more ability strength/range/duration/efficiency at the cost of some other stat that you don't need a lot of.

If you were going to build a wukong clone build (or something), you don't need efficiency or range so you can dump those stats with the appropriate mods to stack strength.

e:misread the question. whoops. Thought you asked why you need em.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 23, 2019

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Man and I just got a Catchmoon riven with an OK roll. :smith:

Saaaaaame

Maybe the dispo will go up soon!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Guilty posted:

I never noticed the clone fires the same wep I equip, holy poo poo... Gonna follow this, thx

He'll use the opposite of melee or primary/secondary to what you're currently using.

Clone melee sort of sucks so just don't equip a melee weapon and the clone is gonna go ham with you.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Anora posted:

I'm going to spend today trying to record spy vaults and post them, using no invisibily (except Lua/Kuva) cause no.

There is a steam guide that has someone showing all the routes with Oberon if you wanted to save yourself the effort.

E: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=587545211

If you like figuring them out yourself, don't look at it. I don't really care for spy missions myself so this was wonderful.

Mr Newsman fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Oct 31, 2019

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
What kind of mods are you running now? Can't go wrong with damage + multi shot + crit chance + crit damage for most stuff.

What warframe are you using?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Have you built a Hek yet? What about Rhino? Can't tell what your mastery rank is but it's probably worth ranking that up as well.

Are you on PC and in the clan?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Lot of good info here but I'd stress decoupling the goal of clearing the star chart from leveling items at this point. They're two separate things towards the end and underleveled weapons and items makes harder missions even more difficult.

Cracking void relics by running the fissures will let you get items for more weapons and warframes. These are good missions to run new gear with and test things out on.

You can also sell those items to other players for platinum. Plat will be important for getting more weapon and Warframe slots.

If you like the looter shooter, leveling, and movement aspect of the game it's worth sticking with imo! One of the best F2P games I've played.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I was pretty surprised when Cy was just like "lol I'm done, lotus is gonna take over! Peace!"

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Get wukong he's the best! You can get the blueprints from the dojo. Need some niatin extract though which might be hard if you don't have any night wave credits.

Edit: if you're on earth probs can't get argon crystals either. Ooof

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
A baby compared to some in the thread! Love me some Wukong and surprised to see Xaku up there. Been putting a lot of time into them lately as I've been pushing MR up.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Mesadoram posted:

So I just used my 2 forward artillery shots, but there are 2 more crew ships I need to destroy.

What do I do? :smith:

Go to the forge in your ship and use one of the stations to craft more dome charges.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
My problem with the Orphix stuff is really that if my mech dies I'm screwed. Really hard to recover from it if you're solo or carrying the team.

I'd love to see some arcanes in the earlier rotations. 9 Orphix to get a small chance at a decent arcane makes me pretty meh about running them.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I see your callout and agree. If you're a beginner stuck in uranus, ask for an experts help, it's much easier to get through there with someone who knows their way around.

At the very least you can auto extracted if you get lost.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
After like 400 hours in the game I finally rebound crouch and jump to both be on my mouse.

Bullet jumping through derelict vaults for the nightwave really wore out my hand (ctrl + space).

It's so much better holy crap. It's hard to change the muscle memory, but hitting ctrl with the pinky was just too much contortion for my hand.

Shift would have been much better but then I'd need to rebind sprint and roll and that might be too much for my smooth brain.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

it dont matter posted:

What's your set up for Protea?

Also, do frames need to be max rank to feed them to helminth? I want to spread Protea's dispensary around.

Probably know this if you're feeding protea but make sure you've mastered it before you feed it otherwise you'll have to make it again.

If you've already mastered the frame, can feed whatever rank you want.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Only reason I brought it up was because I went to subsume Wukong and forgot I never mastered the non prime version. Had to make him again for the MR.

Not a huge deal for dojo frames though.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Bonewidow is a lot of fun but Voidrig with the cannon is hard to beat.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
After doing the archon disruption, I realize I suck balls at actually killing the disruptors. I'll be wailing on them and get them down to like 75% and someone comes in and just taps them and they instantly fall over.

Who's got a good general load out for disruption missions I can build to?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Sounds like I need to prioritize an armor strip! Good tips.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Mailer posted:

They added some vague red tinge or something that... I guess is supposed to help? I've only kind of noticed it out of the corner of my eye in the particle nightmare that is Warframe. Disruption and Lua Rescue remain very much sound-only modes.

This is also something that makes it hard to run for me - I play without sound.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I want to play my PC account on my switch. Let's gooooooo, it feels so close.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I just tried to do the sortie interception with ex stronghold with Baruuk.

I couldn't drop restraint at all with his 2 or 3. Does his 1 (I helminthed it off) work for this?

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, this.

It can be slow to burn restraint if enemy density is low, and the 1 wouldn't really help you with that problem because it scales so weirdly and requires a lot of nerds shooting at you to really have a noticeable effect on restraint.

Yeah, good to know. As Nalesh mentioned the eximus stronghold really made it hard. Was surrounded by them but couldn't burn restraint and was just picking them off. Ended up losing the point a few times cause I couldn't get the 4 up, plus I didn't have a weapon worth a drat for clearing that run.

I just wasn't prepped for how badly it seems like eximus stronghold messed everything up and wasn't sure if his 1 would have been more beneficial than the empower I wasn't using.

Build is all based on the mods from the big Baruuk post a while back (str dump duration). Dude slaps and is a lot of fun but when you can't burn restraint it is really hindering.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

A Moose posted:

I forget, is it just when the host has loaded and cancelled the cutscene before everyone else loads, that it forces them to watch the ENTIRE intro cutscene?

I know sometimes I will load into a mission and see the cutscene, be unable to skip it, while I can see the other frames doing combat animations and hear sounds, and then the cutscene ends and all the other people teleport away. I know it can't be a loading speed thing, because I just switched to an SSD and it still happens.

Oh I wanna know the answer to this too. It feels like it's been happening a lot lately.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Yeah a single C rotation on normal is 75-90 depending on how good your team is at collecting the gems.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I'm building gyre right now - perfect timing.

Love build overviews like this!

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

brainSnakes posted:

Got a quick question. I've been hoarding Aya for a few particular frames, but they ain't showing up. Is Mesa prime worth farming for?

I treat Warframes like pokemon - I gotta have em all. One of each! Primes are for using and non primes are for the meat grinder.

Mesa Prime, as another user mentioned, is probably dirt cheap plat wise. So you, if you're so inclined, could farm a few mods and sell them to buy instead of using the Aya on relics.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Helter Skelter posted:

If you don't mind Overwolf snooping on you, Alecaframe is what you seek if you don't feel like plugging poo poo into warframe.market manually.

What's the story with the snooping? I tried to find something more concrete than a reddit post but didn't have much luck.

It's definitely a bloated ad-deliverer but is there anything malicious going on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

qnqnx posted:

My hoard of relics will stay untouched 'til the end of time, or until I manage to crack them all (somewhere a few years before the end of time). No telemetry riddled ad software needed.

It's definitely this.

I do like that I can see if I've mastered the weapon that a grip goes to or if I need one or two of a particular item. Wild that this isn't built in when you have like 5 seconds to make a choice.