Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
No event on the PS4 launch? That seems weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I got Nekros cause I'm both an idiot and the idea of summoning up things I killed reminded me a lot of the D2 Necromancer. They even gave him both a line aoe and a fear effect. Also my buddies and I do a bunch of survival missions, where he's incredibly useful. So my Nekros fix? Bump the limit of shadows you can summon, and remove the time limit. They can die, but they don't have a duration otherwise. Recasts will replace fallen shadows.
Even with an army of 20 napalm grineer that will follow you until death, you're still not as powerful as Molecular Prime.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Cool now 1/2 the game is fighting a faction full of unfun bullshit.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Desecrate is still useful on survivals.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Can anyone play with anyone else?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Clashing Forest turns every staff into a Zorencopter.

I hope the dude who gave it to me for an extra flow I had laying around was aware of this.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
So how exactly did they change blocking? I've noticed blocking avoids all damage, but is there more to it?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

I find it pretty funny that DE somehow didn't think that all the rails would be set to 0%.

People who win the conflict are gonna want to set taxes to more than 0%. They will then get attacked by 0% tax clans who don't understand how much it's gonna take to properly finance the war.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Staggering large enemies is also super useful, as well as fun and most importantly stylish. It feels great to just block a disruptor and then get a stealth attack animation off on them.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Melee 2.0 only needs more combos. Gimmie VF5 for every stance.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I guess I should try and get a Bo Prime before this all falls apart. At least I'll have a Kool Staff

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
how the HECK do you get focus at any reasonable rate

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Man I know I'm crazy for this but melee 3 might get me to finally quit this game

The weird different combos and learning them and how each weapon and stance were different was one of my favorite things in the game. I liked learning each one and figuring out the rhythm and hidden combos in them. It's the first gameplay change that has me really uncomfortable.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Hey when the hell did they ruin the koppra suit? It was so much cooler before!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
man i'm bummed about this lotus thing

I've played this game for so long and she's been your buddy for so long and man, I hope she doesn't become a real bad guy, I'd be bummed

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
So they forgot about reflection and parry didn't they

didn't update them mods

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Fuckin' Soulframe

Well, I guess you want to keep your branding.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Lavos on railjack really feels like cheating. But then again, so does Necramech survival, so... maybe it's just down to taste.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The only frame I'd say is worth buying is Baruuk or Hydlin, although I suppose if you guys are playing with lots of other they wouldn't be impossible. They seem genuinely unpleasant to get.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Awesome! posted:

there are much, much more annoying frame grinds than baruuk or hildryn. vox is something you are going to want to rank up anyway at some point if you ever want to use a decent amp.

Really? Who? I suppose I got up there before the Necramechs existed so it's probably easier now, but I've never had a more annoying time than with them. I'm still at 3 cause I hated it so much.

wait, FRAME GRINDS

Okay, nevermind. I saw fame grinds. I can definitely see Protea being a huge pain in the rear end, and Grendel as deeply frustrating.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 23, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

FishMcCool posted:

Harrow.

I'm MR30, I have every single frame apart from founder exclusive's Excal Prime and heking Harrow.

Defection rotation C has to be the most utterly boring and time wasting thing you can do in this game. And then the game keeps insulting you by not dropping the part. At least, Harrow got primed, so it doesn't matter much, but still...

Grendel was a challenge, it was about picking a strat, and executing it well enough on 3 specific missions. Harrow is just getting bored to tears listening to those dumb Grineers and wait for a faildrop. Rinse and repeat, skills have no impact whatsoever. It's just about wasting your time.

...huh, I guess I just got super lucky. I was super jazzed for harrow and got him pretty quick. I came back when I learned that all his stuff got primed. I guess that's the problem with drops, it can lead to "I didn't have that problem, goodbye"