Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Did they tone down the Wolf of Wall Street, or am I just a sweatier Tenno than the first time he came around? Either way, he goes down way, way easier now. Using (ironically) Voruna with subsumed Styanax, I got down to a minute per run. Took 33 runs to finish farming for the wolf sledge, but it barely took any time at all. Got a few primary/secondary arcane adapters out of the deal, too, so it was like getting some consolation prizes in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Depending on how hard you're farming endo, maybe not even that. I've been stably floating around 8 million space bucks for a while now. I can't be bothered to farm endo, so by the time I finally soak up enough to max out another prime mod, I've more or less organically earned all the money I need for it. The only thing that demands money farming is more Pedestal Primes.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
I didn't think our solution to the Man in the Wall was going to be to find a fist large enough to punch him in the face, but the Tenno have made stupider ideas work.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Outlines are going to be huge for me. I'm not *quite* to the point of needing enemies highlighted, but being able to put outlines on my allies will keep me from emptying entire magazines into friendlies. Variety in enemies is always a good thing, but it has the slight side effect that I can't tell friend from foe by silhouette anymore. I'm at the point where I see movement, I fire Trumna, and ask questions later. Highlighted friendlies (especially when it's things like defense targets) will cut down on wasted fire a lot.

Also, my hearing is fine, but I'm usually running my own music or a podcast while I'm playing, and that makes it hard to track demolishers too. I think the game tries to put some red arrows on the screen to hint at their location, but its inconsistent and doesn't work too well. They get a map tag once you have visual anyway, I don't think it affects gameplay that much if they just get tagged at the moment they spawn. Sometimes the demolishers get stuck somewhere in the map and never show up, which makes it weirder. The Corpus subway tunnel is a notorious demolisher sink.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015

Runa posted:

I loved the pre-nerf Waverider challenges and was completely baffled by how difficult some people found them.

Except the one that required killing enemies with a groundpound because k-drives deal like single digit damage and only on a direct hit. That was a baffling inclusion in a quest that otherwise made me feel like I was playing THPS with guns and cool space dogs

It wasn't hard, although somewhat poorly explained (as usual). It was grating because you were having to learn stunts and skills that you'll never use again. Space Tony Hawk is a cute idea but there's never any reason to do the tricks. They don't even get you bonus time on the races or anything. It's not content, it's arbitrary busy work.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Rather than make and consult a spreadsheet of damage output for every weapon, they balance rivens exclusively by weapon popularity, which says a lot.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015

Zero VGS posted:

If you mean the original Incarnons, the thing where the guns do 20x damage on non-crits will double-dip with Xata's Whisper so they do 400x damage.

Back up a second, they do WHAT? Is this why people say the Felarx is so bonkers?

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Shouldn't Mag be unable to use any of these vintage 90s computers?

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Fibonacci does nothing but poo poo talk everyone's dojos when you build the gargoyle and I love it

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Frame: Still Zephyr. Mobility is king in this game, and I hate going without Zephyr's aerial capabilities. Turbulence (and other recent buffs) provides functional immortality, Tornado is great crowd control/defense, and I drop a Helminth power onto Airburst. I still haven't really settled on what to keep there: Pillage for armor strip, or Xata's Whisper for moar damage. I alternate according to mission.

Rifle: The Trumna seems to be able to handle just about anything. Finding the best mod combinations was a little strange, but I've got it tearing up the Steel Path no sweat, and I don't even have a riven for it. The new Reinforced Bond sent it to the moon with that free 60% fire rate.

Shotgun: The Bubonico, because gently caress you and everything in your area code. As a runner up, the Rauta is just fun to shoot, thanks to the great SFX on the shots and reloads. It's not the sweatiest weapon in my arsenal, but I'm making it my project.

Pistol: Tenet Plinx, I just think it's neat. It hits hard, has unlimited ammo, and has some room clearing potential. It's a great backup if I'm in a pinch for supplies, which is usually why I have my pistol out. I'm not really big on using my secondaries much, so mostly I'm motivated by cool laser gun. Pew pew!

Melee: The Masseter Regular is unpopular, so it has a super good riven disposition. Hilariously, this makes it leagues better than the Masseter Prime, as well as most of the other good heavy blades going around. It's my secret weapon!

Archgun: Just to give a different answer, I'm very pleased with the Cortege. Big ol' flamethrower. It probably doesn't stack up to the Mausolon but it's more fun to clear a room with it.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
What I'm hearing is that I'm sleeping on the Ocucor. I never really used it, just leveled to 30 and shoved it with my other mastery fodder. Maybe I'll pick it up and give it another go.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Isn't it more like coming back after hiatus and finding the grind is now 63/75? They've generally only made things easier to get over time. Compare Necramech grinding at launch versus now. I literally couldn't even get the Cortege and Morgha until recently because RNG refused to let even a single broken weapon part drop. Now I can just buy those with standing, easy peasy.

But also, the only thing you might get frozen out of if you're not running the gear treadmill is the optional hard modes. Albrecht Entrati's Excellent Adventure can still be run by "normal" players. The new faction is noticeably tougher than the standard four, but thats to be expected when they're like 8 main story quests deep. I could take off all my galvanized mods and crap and just run a basic loadout.

To toot my own horn, I'm MR 30. I've arguably "won" Warframe. I've only cleared maybe 2/5 of the Steel Path, never run an Archon hunt, never did a Trilodon. I DID knock out the new boss on SP. The only hard part was I didn't bring armor strip so the angel took frickin' forever but I held my own for the rest. Shard hunting and other advanced content is all voluntary buy in. You only throw yourself into Archon hell if you want to.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Everyone was out there farming for Arcane Energize, I just put in the time to max out my Arcane Nullifier so I can be immune to magnetic procs at will. But man, if I ever have to hear about the Muuuuuurmuuuuur again it'll be too soon.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015

Helter Skelter posted:

2023 stats are live ahead of the devstream: https://www.warframe.com/2023stats

I know people are going to naturally gravitate towards the biggest numbers and fastest room-clearing tools, but drat those are some lopsided numbers. Almost 30% of the player base is exclusively using three pistols.

The Xoris is really surprising me. Unlike Glaive Prime you're only getting free impact procs out of the Xoris. Do people just not unequip it after the quest?

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015

Nordick posted:

You don't spawn as the drifter at any point during the Orowyrm fight. Once you destroy the rings on the wyrm the first time, it'll just summon a Kaithe for you on the middle platform, and you mount it with your Warframe and fly off to the corridor circling the arena.

TIL there's a kaithe for that phase. I've just been face tanking it while shooting down the wyrmlings as fast as possible. There is literally no indication you should be doing this any differently.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Arbitrations are the training arc for Steel Path. At minimum you're going to want the Galvanized mods you can buy with Arby's coupons, and some form of reliable armor stripping. In addition to Warframes that have armor strip in their kit, a gunblade with Shattering Impact will work since each pellet counts (and Shattering Impact depletes base armor, before the level/SP modifiers are added). There's also Helminth of course. Pillage is a popular choice, though I prefer Tharros Strike, if you have a spare Styanax.

If you're not using an immortal frame like Rhino, running Arbys until Adaptation drops from rotation A or B will help a ton as well. You'll need to up your evasion game, but combined with the inherent 50% damage reduction on Tenno shields, Adaptation will give you a surprising amount of survivability. Maybe throw in Rolling Guard from the Arbys store as well. Just watch out for Toxic Ancients, they can boop you from across the room.

Try to memorize what the Acolytes do, or at least which ones are the most dangerous, because they drop tickets to the gun show as well. Some of them aren't that bad, but Malice, Mania, and Violence have some nasty surprises that will kill you off quick if you don't pay attention. Teshin will sell you the arcane adapters so you can use what they drop.

Lastly, don't attempt SP Interception solo. It's just too many enemies to CC. If you can't round up some friends to help with those, wait for them to show up as Steel Path Incursions, where you're guaranteed to have people flocking to that node. You can purpose-build a gun that can handle Disruption, but maybe get help on those nodes, too.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
I haven't tried other Disruption nodes since the patch, but I don't hate this. Actually getting a brief waypoint marker tells me exactly where I need to be going, instead of standing around like an rear end in a top hat waiting for a distant beep to start. As tough as the demolishers sound like on SP, the regular version is pretty reasonable. If anything the necramechs are TOO fragile. Farming up Dante is going to be a breeze. If tracking down demolishers on the other nodes is this easy now, I think I'm okay with Disruption now.

Also, while the laboratory is old news, I'm reminded that I really love this tileset. Great ambiance and visuals, the new enemy faction isn't obnoxious power creep, hilarious amounts of destructibles, and the pissed off drones using their Rebuild the Great Wall of China Beam to fix all the damage never gets old. The new fog helps a lot too.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
The Onos really needs another visual pass on the Incarnon form. The Murmur gets pretty FX heavy, and I can't tell if the weapon is *doing* anything or not. The charged shot doesn't seem to have any visuals at all. You fill the circle and the enemy loses a bunch of HP. Give me a tracer round or something.

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
Between the focus orbs giving 5000 XP to your current school on pickup, eximus units giving a silly amount of XP, and the general Zariman grind contributing huge amounts of focus in general, I finally maxed out Zenurik and am about to unlock the waybounds on Madurai. Focus schools are still pretty slow but actually possible without making it your job. I'm actually impressed at how not-obnoxious most of the grind is right now. Corrupted holokeys still suck but at least you can pop relics while you're working on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Speaking of grindframes, is Dagath "good" or at least "worth doing this Vainthorn poo poo a billion times" ? I never see her in play.

Dagath doesn't outclass every other frame or delete the whole room like some frames do, but she's solid. Cast her 3 to have bonus critical damage/get out of death free card pretty much permanently. Prime enemies with 2 to give them the Doom effect from Hades, extend doom with her sickles from 1, and send in the horses with 4 to strip armor and do a truckload of damage. She's kind of a weapons platform frame but she does it well.