Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Just played this game for the first time ever last night, put in a few hours as Volt and got to Fortuna.

1) If I want to go 100% melee, what is the best frame? I heard Loki is really good for that? He can be invisible for very long which would at least help with this stupid mission where I trip the alarm from 1000000 feet away and fail because they destroy the data I need.

2) What's this who Twitch Prime thing? Can I just get the 1-month free trial and use it for a bunch of Warframe funbucks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Any tips for how to melee flying enemies? Drones and jetpack guys that hover 10-feet in the air are obnoxious to hit with both melee and bow, and my handgun is super weak since I never use it. Would a +range mod help?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Synthbuttrange posted:

Sapra or Redeemer!

Yeah Redeemer does look awesome in the vids, I see that with Reach mods the Orthos Prime also hits I guess 20 feet away from you?

Oh, I did a free Twitch trial and grabbed all those goodies like the twin daggers and the Trinity frame. None of that stuff can be sold right?

Also, if I want some stuff like Loki frame and the Redeemer, are we talking hours, days, or weeks of grinding? I have no idea how fast it takes to get a build together or reach endgame in this.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

40 Proof Listerine posted:

People will tell you Fang Prime is bad stats and they are right from an endgame min-max point. However, DE is buffing the heck out of it (and a bunch of other melee weapons) when Melee 3.0 hits.

Awesome, thanks for all the tips. Is Melee 3.0 just a balancing patch or are they redoing any gameplay? The melee is a billion times better than Destiny 2 (woe was me for trying to go 100% melee in that piece of poo poo game) and this reminds me more of Phantasy Star Online 2. Warframe is still super floating feeling, I think because there's no collision detection with enemies so I just twirl my stick around a lot and the bads all fall over. The one other thing is when I do quick melee with the staff, my dude takes steps forward in the animation so he's locked into that movement, yet when I hold down the button for the power swing he can just glide around while doing the animation. I would expect the opposite where he can walk around for quick attacks and plants himself for the power hit. Just small nitpicks though.

Does this game have cool bosses? I'm spoiled by the amazing bosses in PSO2 and Path of Exile and the first two bosses I fought in this was lame as hell.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Is this game trolling me? I'm on a solo excavation mission, I've completed 6 digs and the enemies keep leveling up to higher and higher levels, and it keeps giving me dig after dig, site A-F then looping back around to A. What the gently caress?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Synthbuttrange posted:

How many hours are you in there?

lol about an 45 mins... I made it out with 1 life left, thanks guys. They don't put the extraction waypoint on the upper right minimap, just the select button minimap, so I didn't notice, plus they don't say poo poo about being able to leave.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
If I have $15 in Google Play Store credit (from that official Google survey app), is there any way to convert that into funbucks for this?

I'm looking at the star map and it seems like the fastest way to get to Neptune for the Loki frame is to go Earth -> Mars -> Phobos -> Void -> Neptune? I just reached Phobos and it seems like there's no Junction from Phobos to Void or Void to Neptune, so I assume it's smooth sailing from here and I don't have to complete more random tasks besides following the dotted line?

Edit: Pro-tip for anyone who happens to have an Xbox Elite controller... I totally forgot about those flipper triggers you can add to the back of the controller. I popped two in for where my middle fingers rest on the controller, making them comp the function of left and right push-in-stick click. I made it so my left middle finger does the slide, and right middle jumps. Makes bullet-jumping and all sorts of mobility super easy to execute while you can leave your thumbs on both analog sticks. With Destiny 2, I got carpal tunnel for the first time in my life from mashing the analog sticks in all the time, something about that motion and the high amount of pressure it took did me in. This is way more comfortable and takes a much ligher press.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Nov 13, 2018

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Tylana posted:

Void won't send you out to anywhere but where you came from. There's no cunning routing on the starmap, just keep clearing junctions and unlocking new planets.

It's one-way? Son of a bitch. What's the path to Neptune actually supposed to be then? I keep zooming in and out of planets to trace the lines but it's not exactly intuitive.

Edit: Earth -> Mars -> Ceres -> Jupiter -> Saturn -> Uranus -> Neptune? Jeez.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Nov 13, 2018

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Also I had to do one of those wave survival missions, there was some pubbie named "callmelazy" or something, and he just stood without moving and kept casting some kind of white vortex that annihilated everything on the map. I think we did like 7 rounds that way before he opted for extraction. What was he playing? I assume he was vastly overlevelled. I got like 40 mods from that one mission, lol

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Ambaire posted:

Still don't have any warframes besides the Volt.. ah well.

One of my credit cards has that "generate virtual account number" feature. Took me a few minutes to make a new Amazon Prime and Twitch Prime account, link Twitch Prime to Warframe to get the free Prime Weapons and free Trinity Prime Frame, then I primed Amazon to not auto-renew the free Amazon Prime trial. Just that easy folks.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Also fuckin laffo at an execute enemies at 35% mechanic in this game. How did that even make it out of the first meeting?

In Path of Exile, a certain class gets a kill-at-20% mechanic, except it works on literally every boss, which makes it awesome.

Speaking of, is it my imagination or do a lot of skills not work on bosses? Trinity's Link for example would be great if it tossed all damage taken back to the boss but it seemed like that disable that kind of stuff for bosses.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Is the normal clan open or should I be applying to the overflow clan? OP doesn't specify.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I just did my first Lith opening mission... how do I know what reward to pick at the end? Are some generally more valuable than others? Can I sell any of this stuff to other people for plat? I thought I heard that can be done with prime blueprints.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone know where I could farm argon crystals besides the Void? I see some old guides from 2016 saying you can get it at Venus E gate, but who knows if those are accurate. Just need two of them to build that Atterax whip.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
All these strange new worlds to explore and I keep making an entrance through an air duct...

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Hmm I was looking around for free Warframe poo poo online, I saw something about the promo code "FREESWORD" for a free Heat Sword and weapon slot, punched it into Warframe.com and it worked fine. The rest of the codes on that coupon site didn't work but that one did, wonder what else is floating around.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Are there any times where a mission's default difficulty in this game is actually hard? Not counting survival/excavation where it just makes the mobs spawn at higher and higher levels, or hard because bugs or AI stop you from finishing the mission. I'm talking enemies that are super scary off the bat who you need to take cover for (or at least run and gun with health restoration like the new Doom).

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks to goon assistance in getting argon crystals, my atterax will be ready in 10 hours. I am still gonna go on my long voltage towards a Loki frame, but I did notice that apparently the Volt frame I started the game with can melt level 100 mobs with atterax and the right mods:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBqmOmbWQt4

Is his invisibility in that video cosmetic, or is he actually gaining invisibility to enemies somehow?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Tylana posted:

:siren: Okay goons! Plat fairy and Fortuna combine to form a kitgun that shoots charity! :siren:

So. Eight ( 8 ) Goons (inc AkGoons) on PC (sorry) get a 3 Day Resource Booster to help start off your Venusian grind.

If you want to claim, In-Game-Name , Date you want to approximately receive the gift on are required. My only request is that you also tell us your best Moa or Kitgun name you have prepared for when you can afford to make and name one.

My IGN is "KaronaFalseGod", I could use it tonight or Friday. Since my Volt already runs like Raiden from Metal Gear Rising I'll probably name my Moa "Blade Wolf", because the memes, Jack.

Johnny Joestar posted:

it could be neat to pop into the plains and the vallis for a low level bounty or two but for the most part they're going to be tough to crack for a new player

Yeah I picked the highest bounties I could in the Vallis and quickly noticed everyone was flying around and I couldn't keep up. I didn't feel too bad because I still got credit for standing around looking like an idiot, but goons helpfully corrected me to say that leeching pubbie bounties is serious reportable business so I'll do my best not to disappoint pickup players. On the note, how do I get the Archwing launcher if I finished the first Archwing Gummi Ship mission?

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 15, 2018

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Nickiepoo posted:

I was wrong, you're not greedy.

You're BATSHIT INSANE.

Senator Armstrong coined MAGA before Trump did, a true American.

Meanwhile, this game is shoving communism down my throat in Fortuna.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
You know how I was saying I didn't like how the melee locks you in place during swings? Inexplicably the Heat Sword doesn't do that, both the quick swings and the power swing seem to let your feet walk or even sprint in any direction as normal, while your torso upwards does the attack animations.

It's weird how they give no indication on which weapons do and don't behave this way. My prior weapons were Bo and Fang Prime, maybe it's two-handed stuff that causes you to plant yourself for melee?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I got my first taste of F2P power in this game... crafted an Attarax, put a max Reach, Fury, and Pressure Point on it, then did a 10% ability strength on my Volt and hit the Speed ability and held down Melee Focus. I went into a turbo-spank mode where I'm thrashing huge crowds of higher level enemies and still got energy drops faster than I was using them up. I did the life support mission for 45 minutes until I extracted out of boredom.

What are other budget ways to squeeze even more "gotta go fast" out of this thing?

edit: also I still have no idea how trade works in this game, I went to a bazaar and people hold up their hands with mods that have no pricing, and decline my trade requests

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Kyrosiris posted:

99% of the time just use warframe.market.

I opened a lot of relics and got gold blueprints and I can see some are theoretically worth some plat but it sounds like a massive pain in the rear end to sell a pile of cheap stuff. If I sell something do I need to stop a mission and fly somewhere to trade? I didn't mind in Diablo / PoE because town portal took 5 seconds interruption.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Goons gave me a Corpro and I'm using it and it's good. It's so good, I'm tempted to run Coaction Drift for pubbies/solo.

What are the best Exilus mods for Melee? I'm tempted to try Sure Footed because I hate getting knocked on my rear end, or maybe Rush or Lightning Dash to blast through maps even faster?

Edit, also, I got Hunter Adrenaline from goonerosity and it's coming in handy too, but is there a way to get some small trickle of energy regen? I just want to keep casting Speed and it's only 20 base energy cost, but it blows when it's not up.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 19, 2018

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Soothing Vapors posted:

They really should just double the capacity auras grant and remove aura polarities altogether. I get the feeling auras were meant to be flexible but aura polarities basically mean you're either slotting a dash or losing a bunch of mod capacity on any frame you bring to endgame groups.

Isn't it cheap/easy to change the aura polarity? I haven't done it but the wiki makes it sound like you just need Forma?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I thought after doing a few dozen Lith/Meso relics that I had a few things worth plat, turns out I was wrong and the most expensive things I had were worth 1 or 2 plat at most on warframe.market. Like I had a Valkyr Prime Blueprint but I got it confused with "Valkyr Prime Set".

For someone who's been playing a week, what's the best way to acquire things of actual plat value? I just played my first ESO yesterday, is getting the high end relics in that an option?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

nerdz posted:

You just gotta advance more in the game. You won't become a mogul before you unlock everything. And sometimes, only more time in the game.

Things that can get you good plat:

Vaulted Primes. Those prime parts that are worth 1p will be worth a lot more if they are vaulted a few months from now. Some prime parts are never vaulted though. No current prime part will ever be worth thaaat much.

Baro Primed mods. You can trade prime parts for ducats, which can be used to buy primed mods from baro. You can then sell those for people who missed out on those for 50p or more.

Riven mods: If you get a good riven mod, it can be worth a ton of money. You gotta unlock sorties first.

Ayatan statues: Also a source of plat, can get you a decent amount. You need endo way more than plat now, though.

As you might have noticed here, if you just started you will need these things way more than you need plat. So yeah, no way around it

Edit: Forgot about arcanes, also a pretty good source of plat. You can get these from eidolons. Again, gotta unlock everything before you can do those. Don't worry about making plat until you have an actual surplus of stuff. Selling your good stuff for plat will only hold you back from advancing. And if you can: Buy plat once you get a discount voucher.

Oh, so if Valkyr Prime is vaulted, that means I can get the blueprint for the overall Valkyr Prime from a relic drop, but not any of the blueprints for the individual components? I guess that explains the supply/demand, there must be way more of the overall blueprint than the component blueprints.

Yeah I was filling the slots on Atayan statues for the endo. You guys were saying sorties give endo fast? Faster than anything else?

I noticed that a complete set of most frames sell for more plat than the sum of their parts. If I gathered enough plat, do you think it would be worth the time to buy individual pieces then sell the completed set at a markup? Or should I just stick to rushing towards endgame?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

no, the main blueprint isn't differentiated from the sub-blueprints. vaulting means that no new relics that drop parts for a given item are obtainable. you can freely use and even trade the relics you already own for those primes, and they will still drop the same stuff as before the vaulting.

Sorry, I'm still confused. Valkyr Prime is vaulted right now, and apparently has been for a while. I got Valkyr Prime Blueprint as a relic reward a few days ago. You're saying I can get the sub-blueprints as relic rewards too? Then what is it about Vaulted that makes Valkyr Prime harder to obtain right now?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
By the way, I have a strict "never spend real money on F2P games" policy, but it turns out Warframe.com has a partner that lets them take random gift cards to other stores at checkout. They seem to be giving me 75% of the value of a bunch of Bed Bath and Beyond gift cards I had sitting in my wallet for a few years now. So I have about $20 to spend. The $20 Starter pack kinda looks bad though, it gives 300 Plat and 2 potatoes, but I think I'd be just as good getting 360 plat for $20 outright. Should I just wait until I get one of those bonus plat daily reward offers?

njsykora posted:

The relics that contain Valkyr Prime parts don't drop any more (everywhere her parts were, are now Chroma Prime parts since he replaced her). However Valkyr's vaulting wasn't that long ago, so a lot of people still have relics with her components in and you'll sometimes get lucky with someone who's running vaulted relics. That's what makes vaulted primes harder to get, you're entirely reliant on other people if you don't have any of those relics left over yourself. Same thing goes for the Cernos Prime and Venka Prime, as those were vaulted to make way for Rubico Prime and Gram Prime.

Ohhhhh OK I get it now. It says Valkyr Prime was vaulted Sep 25th and I created an account on Nov 11th. But you're saying someone else in the party had an old relic lying around and I took his reward.

McKilligan posted:

20k Kuva well spent.

How do people list those Riven mods? They don't seem searchable on warframe.market

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 19, 2018

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like they should do an Archwing 2.0 that is just a complete ripoff of Zone of Enders 2 combat. It would work perfectly for this game.

Ossipago posted:

Starter pack goes half off fairly often on Steam, though I think you have to use your Steam wallet. Third party resellers often stock up during these sales so you can pretty much always find it somewhere around $10. It's good for that price. Just be aware that the plat that comes with it is not tradeable with other players.

Someone on some other site said that the starter pack plat wasn't tradable then someone else said he had the starter pack and it absolutely was tradable. Are you sure? I though the criteria was "if you personally spent your own funds on the plat then it's tradable"

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 20, 2018

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the 50 plat you start with on a new account is not tradeable. plat you acquire in any other way should be.

The official literature says you can't trade plat from Twitch giveaways or the Warframe Twitter. So I think the real criteria is "did you or someone else spend money on it".

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty stunned they left the game as Mature rated on Switch. It's a free download so I think that means kids can just get it without a credit card or anything, which I'm surprised Nintendo was OK with.

On top of that I usually love gore but it's so out of place and lazy in this game. There's like no adult themes, and no blood or gore at all until you gib someone and then it looks like that ridiculous UT '99 or Deus Ex 1 kind of low poly red textured body parts. If it was done like Doom glory kills then I'd understand wanting to keep it.

The only truly shocking thing I've dealt with in this game so far was when the cyst started growing and I had to get it removed, what a random mindfuck.

Edit:

I assume the Switch port is a 100% different account? No characters/plat or anything else carries over from PC?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

nerdz posted:

Yeah, I've seen a few people start playing the game, get obsessed about some out of reach self appointed goal and burn out/complain about how grindy the game is. This dude I know fell in love at first sight with atlas and made the point of the game to get him, but there's just so much stuff you gotta do before getting him.

I got obsessed with getting Loki because I heard he was the best melee build on account of invisible and radial disarm. But by the time I had finally reached Neptune last night, the journey had taught me that it is Volt who is the best frame. Because I push butan and he goes fast.

edit:

If there's multiple Volts in a party, can they stack their 2's together to go insane-fast? Wiki doesn't specify.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

I'm glad I just got done name-dropping Zone of Enders, the originators of the mecha COCKpit

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I've been playing this game for over a week, watching hours of Youtubes, reading through the thread, listening to the clan, and somehow still had absolutely no clue what was going to happen in Second Dream.

No idea how I managed to dodge spoilers for that long but I'm glad I did. I was super impressed at that storyline and all the effort that went into the surprise factor. I feel like my opinion of the whole game is elevated now. The best part is how they hid everything from me in multiplayer.

Ambaire posted:

Wow. The end of the Second Dream is such incredibly cheesy writing. Who wrote this garbage? And you can't skip the loving dialogue.. you gotta let it all play out. Thank gently caress for alt-tab and mute.

I don't give a single flying gently caress about this stupid loving story or loving Lotus. Just let me get back to shooting stuff.

I was wondering about this when I saw it a few pages ago, good to know this goon is just a miserable poo poo lol

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have tips on dealing with Bursa? I seem to do 0 damage to it even with my Attarax. It has heavy armor that my corpro doesn't affect much, and it spams a knockdown wave that makes the 0 damage I do even harder to do.

It's red so I guess that means it's a Denial Bursa.

Caryna posted:

It's against the TOS and will get the account banned.

There's gonna be sooooooo many sold Switch transfer accounts.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 21, 2018

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I have the 50% offer for the next 30 hours... does anyone know if it's just for the first thing I buy, or if it'll work for multiple platinum purchases? I have a couple gift cards they'll accept for around $10 each so I wanna buy multiple $10 plat packs.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Tylana posted:

Only one purchase. If they are like, steam gift cards, use them all to add to your steam wallet and pay DE from there.

They're not like Steam gift cards unfortunately, it's weird. If you use a $15 gift card on a $10 purchase, they (Xsolla, DE's payment processor who accepts random department store gift cards as payment at about 80% of their value) will carry your extra $5 over for a future purchase. But I called them over the phone and they confirmed they "don't have the technology to use more than one gift card on a single purchase".

Edit:

Anyway, I used a $18.27 Bed Bath and Beyond for $14.34 worth of funbucks, bought the half-off plat and they processed it instantly, and it shows I have 4.34 rolling over for my next purchase.

Best part is, now I have 420 plat.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 25, 2018

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Bunch of random questions:

1) I still have my 50 free plat, and 300 paid plat. If I buy a 20 plat potato from the store right now, which of the plat pools does it pull from?

2) Has anyone used Covert Lethality much? I'm wondering if the +100 base damage and insta-kill finishers can make daggers top-tier.

3) Does anyone know of a good Auto Hotkey script for enabling auto-fire on my Xbox controller? I just checked and seems like DE is officially fine with AHK when supporting people with disabilities. The faster my melee attacks are getting, the more my wrist is flaring up from mashing the attack trigger for hours on end.

DoombatINC posted:

Because people of limited imagination think it's funny and original :ssh:

Armored Core for PS1 let you color your mech with plaid, I'd pay plat for a pass to pad my pet with a plaid pack.

Terry van Feleday posted:

In fact, Naramon is considered the second most important school precisely because its first node actually lets you farm focus faster! And in the long term you want all the schools anyway.

I picked Naramon having no idea what it was. Turns out, luckily for me, that I'm melee-only, and Power Spike might be the most OP melee ability in the game. Just a single point in it and I'm strutting around in ESO with a 1000+ hit combo counter that persists even through getting revived by a teammate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Unlucky7 posted:

Should I wait until I have the incubator upgrade before putting my space dog into the ez bake oven?

Bake your dog egg immediately

I still don't have the nutrio stuff weeks in and my dog is fine, it stealths me and picks up mods for me, that's all ya need