Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I'm doing the first sabotage mission and I can't figure out what we're supposed to do. If we stay where we are they overrun us, and if we move forward there are tons of them in the way. I've yet to see anybody even reach a life support pod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Fish Noise posted:

Probably Alad V / Zanuka since they're coming out at around the same time.

I'm more curious about how void rewards are going to get shuffled around for Ember Prime.

As Cathair said, this sounds more like Survival, which is a KILL DUDES AS FAST AS POSSIBLE mission type. DE kind of pulled them off the mandatory path for a reason, so you may want to leave them for later. Tell us your loadout and we can point you in a direction to build your stuff around.

Yeah, meant survival. :) I did not realize it's not a mandatory mission, I just finished the first boss and I didn't see any other missions past it unlocked but survival, I'll have to look again. Right now I have pretty much nothing so that explains why it's so hard to do.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

hooah posted:

If you've beaten a boss, you should be able to move on to the next planet.
Yep, I can move on to Venus. It looked locked to me but on the planet map I found Venus was unlocked. I went back to Mercury and after about 10 clicks I figured out I could just click on "Venus" to move me over. I'm dumb.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Other than getting stuck on that survival mission I don't actually have to do the game is pretty enjoyable. When you get a good team it is really fun to blast your way through everything.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

After playing some more I found some things I don't like. Sometimes the levels require running across walls, but nobody knows how to do it (and neither do I), so we spend a few minutes jumping at a wall until the wall run decides to kick in. The green lasers that bounce you back are annoying as hell and only serve to make the mission take longer; I thought the cameras brought them up but I've gotten stuck behind lasers with no camera in sight.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Now that I've played a bit more and fused some mods I think I'm getting the hang of the game. For example, I can farm the first boss for sweet mods and morphics pretty easily now

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

What's up with developers always trying to shove stealth in a game that does not need stealth? It seems every action game needs to have a stealth segment. It's kind of funny when you join a co-op game and your challenge is to kill unalerted enemies.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Khorne posted:

Is there any way to bring up clan chat in-game?

Also, is the acrid worthless now? My sentinel appears to out dps it on the few enemies I've tried it on.
There's a tiny chat bubble on the right side of the screen, click on that and you'll see a clan tab.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

How am I supposed to do more damage? I got to Earth and the first mission is just not possible for me even with a full group, I do very little damage and the fire guys keep blasting me with fire. The only weapon I could buy on the market with credits does slightly more damage than my current gun. The only mods dropping are fusion cores and ammo drums. And isn't the Jackel supposed to drop a blue print? I've killed him twice and no blueprints have dropped.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

7c Nickel posted:

Bosses don't "drop" blueprints anymore, you get a guaranteed prize from their table at the end of mission screen. You should double check your foundry.
Thanks for the tip, I was unaware it came at the end.

I was looking at the Warframe subreddit and people are saying to use the Braton, the damage claims to be only slightly more than the MK-1 Braton though but I'll try it out and see what happens.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

The Stalker is a big jerk. I'm still hanging around in Venus and the jerk shows up and one shots me with his bow. :argh:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Sandweed posted:

It's kinda cute to watch all you newbie PS4 goons flail about. I wish I could go back to the time where the void was a wondrous place again. Now.. there is no secrets left there anymore.
I'm new to the game, I actually created a character when it launched on Steam but never played it until a few days ago. Everything is mystical to me.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

The recent patches seem to have broken the HUD for me. The first few missions had no HUD at all, the next one the HUD stopped updating, and then one after that worked. I logged in to a new patch and now the mini-map is not displaying the objective marker on doors, it looks like it's showing where the objective actually is. There also seems to be a ton of lag. :mad:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I think I've stopped being a newbie, I think I understand the game now. A great way to rank up and also get mod cards is doing defense missions. The Braton is a beast; I'm killing things left and right and in my first mobile defense mission, an infestation mission, I got 187 kills and the next closest had 126 kills. When you fuse cards they double the stats on the card, and the mod space or whatever it's called goes up by one, you can also use fusion cores to fuse when you don't have matching cards. This means you should not max out your cards since they take up valuable space, and new gear won't be able to take high stat cards. You use transmute when you have a poo poo load of mods and want to clear out your inventory and gamble that you'll get a mod you want.

It feels so good understanding how the game works, the game no longer steams my carrots. The infestation missions are so cool, they reminds me of Left 4 Dead.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 23, 2013

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Piell posted:

Unfortunately you have learned the wrong lesson. You want to max out your cards, because it's more efficient. For example, Hellfire and Stormbringer each cost 6 points to equip (so 12 points total), and add +15% fire and +15% electricity. If you maxed out, Hellfire, it costs 11 points to equip and adds +90% fire damage, for a lot more damage overall. And you'll end up with plenty of low level mods to equip as you play more, while you use your high level mods as you potato/forma your poo poo.

It's like a card game, once you figure it out you still have more to learn. I guess I'm still new. :sigh: I still enjoy the game though.

Is the number next to a planet when you hover over it the number of squads with an open slot? I thought I read somewhere it was the total number of squads on the mission, but I have my doubts that most missions have nobody playing on them.

And another thing, I decided to watch the Warframe quicklook on Giantbomb from January or Febuary and drat have there been a ton of changes since then.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 23, 2013

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Mogomra posted:

I just picked this game up again, and I made it to the first boss. Is there a trick to beating him? He ended up invincible after a little while. The wiki says it's a bug, but I have no idea if I'm just terrible and missing something obvious.

He is just bugged. The only time he is invincible is when the yellow sphere is around him. 3 times in a row he bugged out and went perma invincible except against sentinals. It is kind of dumb they have not fixed it.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

QuantaStarFire posted:

How long do you want to dick around in each area before moving onto the next? I've finished Mercury and have the first Venus mission unlocked, but got completely wrecked when I tried it. My Excalibur's currently Rank 9, and my weapons range from ranks 5-8.
If you've not done so yet buy the Braton for 15,000 credits, it's way better than the starting weapon and will let you easily make your way through the first few planets. Once I bought that gun I was able to make it through Earth.

During the infested invasion I kept getting teamed up with people that could melt the infested in a second. How can I be as cool as they are?

Yaos fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 26, 2013

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Last night I got radiation and I think cold on my Braton and it just melts through Corpus. I'm really enjoying the way mods work. This is also the second F2P game I've spent real money on, first being Marvel Heroes. I bought $10 worth of platinum and it makes me feel good supporting the developers.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Hmm, did Overload/Shock get buffed recently? Volt was still poo poo two months ago.
I can kill big groups of enemies with a single shock.

I noticed something pretty neat everybody probably already knows, the game remembers how your mods are slotted and will even warn you if you try to change a mod slotted in another weapon or frame. It's nice to see this, I was worried it would just forget or I would accidentally power up a mod too much.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I've not found many problems with public groups, or are you just having trouble finding groups?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I've got the Bolter up to rank 10 or so and I'm really not enjoying it. The slow bullet travel makes it hard to hit enemies and it seems to be fairly weak right now. I guess I would have to throw the same mods onto my Braton and see how they compare.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I've got some newbie questions even though I've been playing for a while.

What does the little symbol of a person with a number next to it mean when you hover over a mission? I thought it was the number of groups with an open slot but I've clicked on plenty of missions showing the symbol and not instantly gotten a group. Sometimes when I finish a mission a white symbol appears next to the credits reward, what is that?

Thanks!

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

The Steam Autum sale just started and the Warframe packs are 50% off. I have no idea if they are going to go any lower though.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230410/

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Diet Lime posted:

Oh god the target capture missions with pubbies. :suicide:

I understand that F2P games will have a retarded segment of audience, probably literal children- I guess I'm sort of jealous that when I was young I didn't have such great free games. We settled for the likes of Shockwave.com and NeoPets and all such trash.
Back in my day a free game was going to a friends house and playing a game there. drat kids. :argh:

One thing I hate are the speed runners. They decide that we're going to speed run so they fly past all the enemies and then either die or fail to capture the target. I've seen idiots do this on exterminate missions. I have no clue where they are going or what they think they'll be doing when they get there. I want to play the drat game, that means shooting monsters until crap comes out, not bypassing the game.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

QuantaStarFire posted:

I'm a bit confused by the bolded part. Won't a capture target get away if you leave it alone for too long? I've always just bolted and chased them down.
I mean they get to the capture target but are too incompetent to kill it so it gets away.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Tezzeract posted:

So what happens when you buy the new Update 10 bundle on sale? Soma is mastery level 6, but I'm assuming anyone can just buy the bundle?
I just bought the bundle. I'm mastery level 2, however the game gave me the Soma and let me equip it. Quite a big oversight, or maybe Darvo greased some palms.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Argas posted:

It's kind of standard really. I'm not sure if you can buy weapons beyond your mastery rank with plat, but the restriction has almost always been on obtaining the blueprints/weapon rather than using it. It's just another little hook to get you to spend.
I tried to buy just the Soma for plat before buying the bundle but it said it was XP locked.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I'm a complete dummy. I was trying to figure out why some mods stopped at certain rankings. On the left side are little notches that light up, showing how many times it can be ranked up. :argh:

I'm finally at the point where my guy is awesome. I've got a Soma filled with amazing mods and I can one shot level 13 enemies. Headshots crit at over 2000 damage.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Raruna posted:

What the gently caress is this giant bluish white vortex?

That's the void. Sometimes it bugs out and displays on the main map instead of just when you use a key.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Broniki posted:

I don't see a lot of people in this game, is it very active? I disabled the ping limit but it's still pretty tough to find teams for a lot of missions.

It's becoming a pain trying to access some of the outer planets because I can't find people to help me clear the intermediate ones (especially Neptune which is a dead zone). I'm considering attempting them solo.

Warframe sometimes makes it up on the most played list on Steam and it is not a Steam only game so it is quite active. Where people are hanging out I have no idea. I think the metacritic score scares people off, which stinks because the game is still in beta and that score will be stuck with the game forever.

Once we get PS4 cross play we should see more people playing which will be nice.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

amuayse posted:

Eurogamer review in:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-02-warframe-review
Some complaints are weird (no cover system) and others are spot-on (bosses being boring).
The remark about enemy AI seems odd since on the PC it seems pretty good. I can't tell if they work together since I'm so good at the game I kill them so fast, but it's not terrible. They take cover, if you flank them and fire on them they'll turn to fire at you and so will some of their buddies, if you get too close they may try to melee you or try to run off while shooting at you.

I think to make the game better they should be thinking of the game as a Diablo clone since it's already part of the way there. You run through tons of mindless monsters and pick up loot, in this case mods, and grind your way to getting slightly better mods so you can kill more powerful monsters. It's already a step ahead of Diablo 3 with random levels. The game really needs more tilesets and more stuff in each tileset too.

It is nice to see a PC port butchered on the consoles since us PC folk get it the other way all the time.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 2, 2013

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Dewgy posted:

Is there any way to restart an account for this? I totally goobered up my PS+ platinum not knowing what I was doing.

All I want is the color packs... :negative:
There is no way to restart an account, you would have to create a new account to start over.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Survival missions are easy, I just don't like doing them because of the air supply. It's like in Sonic when you're underwater and the out of breath music starts playing.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I've been away from Warframe for a long time and now I see I can have a dog? And there's an update coming where we can fly around in space? I want to get back into this game but there's so much to relearn. :(

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Denzine posted:

goons will guide you through the prologue(there's a prologue now!) and introduce you to all the nifty bullshit you can do.

I just tried it about for about 20 minutes or so and I'm so excited we get a ship, and they changed the map screen again. I like the new map screen, it's much easier to see than the old one.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Is there a way to see which missions have people waiting for co-op players? I see player names scrolling along on a mission name but it just sits there trying to find players to make a co-op game so maybe I can't match with them. Single player is fine, but co-op is better!

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

It seems I'm not the only one that came back because of the new space flying thing. The new patch has doubled the number of people playing Warframe through Steam. It's also been in the top 10 played games on Steam for a while although new releases are pushing it down now.
http://steamcharts.com/app/230410#7d

And here I was excited last week because I found out we had a spaceship and could get a dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Cosmic Afro posted:

I am seriously impressed on how fun the Archwings missions are. Seriously, I hope they do more with that type of missions, it's awesome to play in.
It would be great if they just ripped off Star Fox missions for this.