Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

rear end-Haggis posted:

Well now, the Valkyr has the benefit of invulnerability at the expense of being limited to melee range while invisible, which can hold you back damage wise in comparison to a Soma or Amprex or Boltor Prime.

For those who haven't tried it, and are worried about melee range, try out an Amphis with the Clashing Forest stance and the +range mod. Even with a Spoiled Strike (I do ofset it with a Fury), if you hold down right click and spam attack, you will skip around like crazy beating everyones asses. It's even better under warcry. Unforma'd, it seems perfectly capable of endgame content (I haven't done much t4 stuff).

Downside: Looks terrible, and it's massive on your back, clipping through everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Haerc posted:

For those who haven't tried it, and are worried about melee range, try out an Amphis with the Clashing Forest stance and the +range mod. Even with a Spoiled Strike (I do ofset it with a Fury), if you hold down right click and spam attack, you will skip around like crazy beating everyones asses. It's even better under warcry. Unforma'd, it seems perfectly capable of endgame content (I haven't done much t4 stuff).

Downside: Looks terrible, and it's massive on your back, clipping through everything.

I didn't think weapon range had any effect while Hysterical? You're using the suit's built in claws when you're invulnerable.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Comrade Flynn posted:

Does no one play this on PS4?
There are a few, but my regulars haven't been playing since Destiny. There's probably others playing but the PS4 likes to gently caress up displaying friends and doesn't let you sort by game so I don't bother looking. Still if you want add CrashCatt and bother me for whatever when you're bored. Can't promise I'll be any good but I'll go along.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Sandweed posted:

Didn't the PS4 goons have some stupid drama and and then split into two clans? Yeah and also the DE Conspiracy to keep the console peasants in their place.

Yeah, there was drama, but it didn't cause a 50/50 split or anything like that. Only a couple people actually left the main clan (BarkingSquirrel, myself), and we picked up CrashCat and a few other poeple along the way. It's made clan tech resource gathering way easier with only being a ten player clan.

I'm fine with being an update behind the PC, it gives the console players a good idea of what to expect and time to prep for it (which ties into clantech resource gathering being way easier). But there's been a couple points where we've been more than one event behind. I *think* we got Cryotic Front almost two months after the PC. And Cryotic fFont was fun.

That's all kinda nowhere now, because as thranguy pointed out, everyone kinda moved to Destiny/whatever.

CrashCat: I'm down for Warframing if I can EVER BE ANYWHERE NEAR MY PS4.

Nethris
Mar 28, 2010

Sprecherscrow posted:

I didn't think weapon range had any effect while Hysterical? You're using the suit's built in claws when you're invulnerable.

They're talking about Warcry builds that just have Hysteria for stuff like rezzing I think - Hysteria is also it's own stance, so the part about which stance to use for Amphis also doesn't affect Hysteria. Why this particular bit is in response to Hysteria limiting you to melee range is a bit puzzling though, since if you're not using Hysteria you can also swap to your gun.

Xaerael posted:

Ripline is meh compared to being able to perma channel, gain life faster than you can lose it, and hit faster and harder than greased lightning.

How good is the +50% casting speed from Natural Talent in that build though? An entire mod slot to remove 1/3 of your casting time seems questionable to me, and personally I'd probably prefer Ripline there - however I'm also new, bad, and specifically bad at getting up ledges in a number of the tilesets, so that may have something to do with that.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
e: I'm blind apparently.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

CrashCat posted:

There are a few, but my regulars haven't been playing since Destiny. There's probably others playing but the PS4 likes to gently caress up displaying friends and doesn't let you sort by game so I don't bother looking. Still if you want add CrashCatt and bother me for whatever when you're bored. Can't promise I'll be any good but I'll go along.

Cool. Anyone else I should add? I'm so lonely.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Nethris posted:

How good is the +50% casting speed from Natural Talent in that build though? An entire mod slot to remove 1/3 of your casting time seems questionable to me, and personally I'd probably prefer Ripline there - however I'm also new, bad, and specifically bad at getting up ledges in a number of the tilesets, so that may have something to do with that.

It's pretty much critical when you get to the higher tier stuff that will knock you on your rear end faster than you can blink, you want to be able to pop war cry without it causing you to miss a beat. There's always "tweak room" when you're not doing high end stuff, but I prefer to talk about builds in their absolute optimised state.

Ripline is really situational, and 99.9% of the reasons you would use ripline can be also done by understanding your environment and achieved by just using the movement tools every frame has. Once you get this, things like ripline become so utterly redundant you wonder why they were made in the first place. Since I've dropped it, I've literally never missed it.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Nethris posted:

They're talking about Warcry builds that just have Hysteria for stuff like rezzing I think - Hysteria is also it's own stance, so the part about which stance to use for Amphis also doesn't affect Hysteria. Why this particular bit is in response to Hysteria limiting you to melee range is a bit puzzling though, since if you're not using Hysteria you can also swap to your gun.

Yes, that's what puzzled me. AssHaggis was talking about Hysteria and Haerc is talking about things that don't effect Hysteria.

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.
I keep seeing rumor's that we are going to see a Void based Caster frame for U15. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I haven't heard anything relative to that. Earthframe is more probably, simply 'cause it's the last one from that design council poll way long ago.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
One would think that Rhino already filled the 'earthframe' role, I am cautiously excited for this.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
I'm curious. Supposing, hypothetically, DE put new voicepacks in the plat store, that would let you change the voices for voice-over lines from various things, and supposing one of those was a 500 plat pack that changed all of the Lotus's voiced lines to be done by Danny DeVito, how many would be interested in getting that?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

kafziel posted:

I'm curious. Supposing, hypothetically, DE put new voicepacks in the plat store, that would let you change the voices for voice-over lines from various things, and supposing one of those was a 500 plat pack that changed all of the Lotus's voiced lines to be done by Danny DeVito, how many would be interested in getting that?

I'd buy LoVito in a heartbeat.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm deaf so I could care less about voice packs, but I think we all know that if they ever did, it would be a japanese voice pack. Gotta go full out weeaboo while they're making pigtail helmets for all the ladies, after all (Yes I still think the new helmet for Nova is stupid)

VVV I would be all over a Gilbert voice for Ordis.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Oct 14, 2014

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yes but add Bobcat Goldthwait and Gilbert Gottfried too.

bobcat can be the dog, gilbert can be ordis

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Only if it's Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Trashframe confirmed for U16.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Malachite_Dragon posted:

One would think that Rhino already filled the 'earthframe' role, I am cautiously excited for this.

I think Rhino is more of a metalframe, personally. It doesn't directly fit the earth role, IMO - on the other hand, it typifies the Chinese element of metal.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Dez Orwell posted:

Only if it's Danny DeVito as Frank Reynolds.

I think that's a safe assumption.

My guy at DE says it'd probably not be coming for a long time because "the game still takes itself somewhat seriously", though. Sadly.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

kafziel posted:

I think that's a safe assumption.

My guy at DE says it'd probably not be coming for a long time because "the game still takes itself somewhat seriously", though. Sadly.

:raise:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
there is a fat balloon man that becomes a giant mechanical turkey

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Rhino's element is HUGENESS.
Fenbendazole 22.2%, 2g doses, mixed with one meal a day for three days.

Denzine posted:

there is a fat balloon man that becomes a giant mechanical turkeyTHE EAGLE OF GRINEER FREEDOM
Also, original Captain Vor, Grineer TV, and toxic credit chips.

For actual in-game comedy, Grineer radio.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Isn't that what those propaganda machines are?

Panzerkin3D
Dec 13, 2011

The mountains have always been here, and in them, the bears.

Kyte posted:

I haven't heard anything relative to that. Earthframe is more probably, simply 'cause it's the last one from that design council poll way long ago.

They've confirmed it isn't earth frame. That was only for the artist power thing.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Grineer radio out of breath grineer guy yelling about people's identification always seems like he just got finished masturbating.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Denzine posted:

Yes but add Bobcat Goldthwait and Gilbert Gottfried too.

bobcat can be the dog, gilbert can be ordis

That might get me to actually spend money on the game. If that drat computer whimpers at me again in that warbling voice to start another mission while I'm fiddling with my inventory, I'm going to snap.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Baby Babbeh posted:

Grineer radio out of breath grineer guy yelling about people's identification always seems like he just got finished masturbating.

And that guy calling for Tenno extermination sounds like he's stuffing his face with mashed potatoes or something.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I just want a Darvo voice pack for the liset, or Sargas Ruk.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sandweed posted:

I just want a Darvo voice pack for the liset, or Sargas Ruk.

TENNO, WILL YOU CRUSH THE GREEDY MILK FROM THE SYSTEM?!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Imagine if they had an invasion event with that as a Grineer total victory reward: TENNO, CONQUER PLUTO WITH ME AND I WILL SIT IN FRONT OF A MICROPHONE TO REPLACE YOUR SHIP'S EFFETE AND DEGENERATE VOICE

Sensing disaster, Frohd Bek counters with a Catalyst/Reactor/Forma/Plat pack and reusable shield osprey blueprints, along with vague promises of a possible voice pack since they don't have anyone really suitable at the moment.

Darvo calls halfway through throwing his voice pack in with Corpus rewards since the Grineer don't like him either and his dad won't stop calling him for help. Mostly the latter. It's starting to interfere with his deals.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Thank you all for your advice, I forma'ed my Paris Prime and for now I'm sitting on my Valk/Frost until my other frames are built and tested. This game is so much more insidious than WoW when it comes to grinding: well I may as well have another frame if I'm going to be levelling this weapon to get the affinity to get my rank to build a new weapon to get better stats and forma it and then while that's re-levelling I'm going to need a couple more melee weapons, oh! an alert!

Speaking of alerts, this is great feed IMO@ https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts and just for Blueprints: https://twitter.com/Warframe_BP

Southern Heel fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 14, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Southern Heel posted:

Thank you all for your advice, I forma'ed my Paris Prime and for now I'm sitting on my Valk/Frost until my other frames are built and tested. This game is so much more insidious than WoW when it comes to grinding: well I may as well have another frame if I'm going to be levelling this weapon to get the affinity to get my rank to build a new weapon to get better stats and forma it and then while that's re-levelling I'm going to need a couple more melee weapons, oh! an alert!

Speaking of alerts, this is great feed IMO@ https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts and just for Blueprints: https://twitter.com/Warframe_BP

http://deathsnacks.com/wf/

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

If you've got an Android device, WarDroid is also a very handy and easily customizable way to notify you of worthwhile invasion and alert rewards. Don't use the official Warframe app (Warframe Nexus), it's terrible. There's probably an equivalent app for iOS, but that's out of my area of expertise.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Helter Skelter posted:

If you've got an Android device, WarDroid is also a very handy and easily customizable way to notify you of worthwhile invasion and alert rewards. Don't use the official Warframe app (Warframe Nexus), it's terrible. There's probably an equivalent app for iOS, but that's out of my area of expertise.

WF alerts for iOS. It's reliable, and has a great filter.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Finally got Nyx prime out of the oven, holy hell the regular helmets look terrible on her. Might still use the Arcane Vespa for the 15% efficiency bonus though.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I've been away from Warframe for a long time and now I see I can have a dog? And there's an update coming where we can fly around in space? I want to get back into this game but there's so much to relearn. :(

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
goons will guide you through the prologue(there's a prologue now!) and introduce you to all the nifty bullshit you can do.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Denzine posted:

goons will guide you through the prologue(there's a prologue now!) and introduce you to all the nifty bullshit you can do.

I just tried it about for about 20 minutes or so and I'm so excited we get a ship, and they changed the map screen again. I like the new map screen, it's much easier to see than the old one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
I started playing this last night and it's pretty fun for a free game - I haven't hit the wall yet where pay items are necessary to progress. Thanks to the few goons who ran shifting sands with me. I still only have a vague idea of how to play the game and what actually constitutes good character progression but it's fun so far.