Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

jabro posted:

Warframe gave a bunch of free stuff away for pre-order and PS+ members so I will have everything below when I log in:

• 150 Platinum
  • 70,000 Credits
  • Falcon Mod Card Pack
  • 3-Day Affinity Booster
  • 3-Day Credit Booster

What is the best way to spend all that plat and credit?
Save the Affinity Booster until you've unlocked a good Mobile Defence mission because you get mad exp.

God I hope one day they do another double-affinity weekend one day. So nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Does anyone have a picture of the Prime syndana/skin from the primetime pack? I know I know I know I shouldn't be tempted but this game still has its claws in my wallet.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

The Gate posted:

So, is there any Goon Official Advice on what crap to build post-update for new players? Or is it sort of, just, whatever right now? Bought Boltor plans, but I guess I need to work my way further through Mars to get the Salvage I need.
Build whatever you think looks cool. There is of course an 'optimal' weapon set but right now with the damage changes nobody knows what they really are now. Since upgrading is entirely based around mods almost every weapon can be made extremely viable, so just peruse the market until you find something you like the look of.

That said here are some suggestions:

Boltor is a fun choice, it isn't hitscan but you can pin Grineer to the walls by their heads and it sounds like a nailgun from hell.
Strun is a great close-range shotgun and gets insane when you get a multi-shot mod for it.
Twin Vipers blow off like 40 rounds in a second and shred whatever's in front of you and make a DRRRRRRRRRRR noise when you do it. They eat all your ammo in seconds though, bring resupply items.
Vastos/Dual Vastos are space-six-shooters and what more do you want. Downside is of course only 6/12 shots.
Kunai are super-strong and when modded at 30 fire like four knives a second and reload in one second, they are nuts. Their bigger brother the Despair are even nastier.
Orthos has a great animation set and is strong as hell.
Glaive can be fun when you get it to bounce off like four dudes and then come back to you as you're still shooting. Hard to use though.
Clantech you won't see for a while since the material and mastery requirements are huge but there is tons of cool poo poo there too like a rocket launcher and laserguns and stuff!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Do we have confirmation that Ember Prime drops from Void Capture and Sicarus from Void Exterminate? Or any knowledge at all about where to find the Glaive Prime? Thinking of running a keyparty either this weekend or the first time PS4 crossplay comes online for new guys who need stuff.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

hooah posted:

Do sentinels normally rank up very slowly? I just did a lower-level survival and my Ignis went from something like 25-27, but my Shade only went from 6 to 7.
Yep. Very little you can do about sentinel levelling. If you need need need the mastery from them you can go to cyath or some other mobile defence with a full squad and level it via squad exp but it's still slow.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there any reward associated with running missions for this Corpus dude or are there just rewards for five missions and that's it?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I was just wondering if this was a way to get that Corpus handcannon from the last event and I missed the announcement, but I guess not, what a shame. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Does anyone have any Capture 2 and Capture 3 keys they want to trade? I have;

16 Exterminate II
6 Survival II
5 Defence III
1 Exterminate III
2 Derelict Assassinate
2 Derelict Defence

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I think they should leave it as is so that one day DE can ascend to the throne of loving Weird poo poo That Doesn't Make Any Sense, deposing the current ruler; :dice:.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Rare as gently caress and basically treat them as a nice extra rather than a thing that regularly happens. 20% and 50% are what you should realistically look out for.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Gestalt Intellect posted:

keep firing rockets
Got it chief. :haw:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Twin Vipers are hilarious fun when you give them Speed Trigger by the way. You do need to give them the magazine size- and total ammo-increasing mods though or they'll become nice paperweights very quickly. Can't wait for my Wraiths.

I'll be getting another Vermillion antitoxin soon and I'll hang onto it in case shiftless layabout scrounger takers who don't wanna farm need their 100 points.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Tokubetsu posted:

Did you guys see the pics for the new hud they're designing? Never been this excited for hud changes. Someone linked me via reddit.
No, post 'em.

edit; aha!

Pierson fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 23, 2013

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah you caught my edit, I literally just totally blanked on that little piece of info. New one does look nicer, but I hope they add your own info to the bottom-left of the screen too. Little things.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

fookolt posted:

There's still 3 levels left :psyduck:
Serration is the cross all Warframe players have to bear.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Lagonazer posted:

If anyone cared about the winter steam skins, the unparalleled quality skin was for the Ankyros. :laffo:
That's funny as hell.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The Lotus just cares is all.

Also I'm totally going to make a janky-as-gently caress setup of Valkyrie/Drakgoon/Stug/Machete with that new thing.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Someone mentioned Metal Gear Rising earlier and now I just think it'd be cool if having a melee weapon equipped (actually needing to unsheathe/swap to them instead of being a hotkey to swing it) let you automatically parry and deflect bullets as you booked it towards terrified Grineer at 200km/s. Maybe give each elemental effect a passive aura when you're swingin 'em around that was more support-based than pure offense. Swing around a toxin weapon in close proximity to a bunch of dudes and they can't fire as fast/choke on fumes, blast aura makes enemies more likely to shoot at you than your bros (hi tanking melee rhino).

It's 2am I don't care, I just want to use all the cool-looking longswords I got. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Orokin Derelict is around mid-tier, with the exception of Survival which obviously can go as high as you can stand to keep going. You'll want probably at least one 'great' (lvl30, modded and potatoed) weapon to survive there as well as a frame with at minimum some decent shields and armour (or a Rhino, hah!).

Void 1 is easy enough and like you say can be done almost immediately and solo'd by anything. Void 2 you want to be around the same as Derelicts. Void 3 you want great gear and either a full team or top-tier gear, modded to gently caress and probably min-maxed if you want to go alone.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The livestream catalyst is an Infested Mobile Defense, all praise DE and get that affinity booster.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Jesus an extractor just gave me six morphics. I didn't realise the things could get you rare mats. :psyduck:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

ihatepants posted:

When there is an invasion mission where you can choose a side, can you get rewards from both sides by doing the mission for each side?

For example, right now on Cupid (Uranus) you get the option for supporting the corpus for a catalyst and the grineer for 50k credits. Can i do the grineer one for the credits after getting the 5 win requirement for the catalyst, or am I limited to the one option? Obviously the catalyst is the priority here but was just curious.
No you have to choose.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
"The Corpus have disabled the air on this planet."

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I would totally watch a Warframe movie that was just like Aliens or The Raid or Dredd, just a basic story and tons of cool fights n'poo poo. I'm twelve.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Denzine posted:

If it's ever implemented the PvE-based PVP is going to cause a hilarious amount of tears and complaining.
Yes and it sounds fantastic. :swoon:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
At least Nekros' uselessness is kinda hidden; you don't know it's terrible unless you look into numbers. gently caress if I was a kid I'd love Nekros, it punches souls and raises the dead! What's not to like

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Awwww damnit I gave all my oxium to the lab, I think this may be the first Warframe I just purchase outright.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
New dudes don't know how lucky they are with individualised reload animations. Back in my day every gun fired from an invisible clip taken from your side and put onto the bottom of your handle! :corsair:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Insert name here posted:

I used my Hek a few weeks back for the first time since Update 5 or 6 and was really surprised when I saw that at some point they added a custom reload animation for it, and same with the Strun. Then I went and used my Braton Vandal and saw it still had the same boring old animation for it. So I guess my question is has DE said anything about going back and adding in custom reload animations for all the guns that don't have one at some point?
Eh I give the basic rifles/pistols a pass because that is more or less what reloading them should look like. The Cestra has a great reload animation because you just take the barrel from the gun, reverse it, and put it right back in. :v:

Game will have been out (oh no wait sorry in open beta) for a year come end of this month. It's come a long way.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Cowcaster posted:

Does every nightmare mode mod have an equal chance of dropping from every nightmare mode mission? The wiki has nothing to say to the contrary.
Think so.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Sorry to the two dudes who got kicked off my ODD at the last wave, no idea why that happened. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Plus the Afuris look boring and sound horrible. Seriouly listen to that sound urgh why would you use them when the Akstilleto and Vipers exist. :mad:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
You can start farming whenever you feel like it. Warframe is kinda one of those games where there isn't really any kind of goal besides acquiring cool poo poo and using it to kill things to acquire more cool poo poo. People talk about dps and optimal loadouts sometimes but I always just looked through the market and thought 'I want that, what do I need to unlock/farm/kill to get it' and then went off shooting whatever. I have 350 hours in this awful game and I still haven't finished clearing the starmap.

The Magnus is a good secondary but not nearly as cool as the Vasto, which is a space revolver. Other cool guns are the Bronco which is a handheld automatic shotgun-pistol, the Kunai which are throwing knives, and the Akbolto which are hard to make but pin enemies to walls.

When people talk about 'towers' they usually mean Orokin Void levels, which are special levels you enter by receiving Void Keys as mission rewards, trading or buying via the shop. They come in their own special tileset at three difficulty levels and have Prime weapon/frame parts or Forma (an item used in certain high-end gun recipes and for resetting the levels of gear) as rewards.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 18, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Bob NewSCART posted:

I saw that, but the warframes/weapons are listed as bad obviously because if you're trying to be smart with your money you can just make them with blueprints. I'm asking what good choices would be if I wanted to skip the long crafting process of some of the harder/more time consuming things to acquire??
I don't think anyone really answered your question so here's some stuff that you could buy if you really wanted to lay down plat, ignoring price and just going by how good they are.

Warframes
Vauban - As said very good and very hard to get normally. More of a 'sentry' warframe with abilities that take enemies out of the fight without killing them.
Nova - Has an obscenely good ultimate ability that turns everything in its radius into a bomb detonated upon death, which basically daisy-chain-kills whole rooms of enemies as one dying sets off the explosion of another one, ad infinitum. Very fun to use, very expensive to buy.
Rhino - Obscenely good in general. All his abilities are useful and he's a tank to kill.
Ember - Isn't a top-tier Fire Goddess anymore but is still fun due to two huge abilities that set everything around you on fire.

Primaries
Soma - Top-tier rifle.
Drakgoon - Flak cannon with adjustable cone of fire.
Sobek - Lower-powered shotgun with large clip. I find it boring and dull but some people swear by it.
Paris - Bows rule now. Very strong but requires mods to really make use of due to long charge times.
Penta - Grenade-launcher with hilarious risk of suicide.

Secondaries
Akvastos/Akmagnus - As said in this thread both these are great space-revolvers.
Akbolto - These are hard to make since you're required to buy two guns and then craft them into two more guns, and then finally craft them one more time to make the Ak version. Nailguns that pin dudes to walls, very fun.
Akstilleto - Right now the most powerful submachineguns I think? Look and sound great too.
Hikou/Kunai - Fun throwing knives/shuriken.
(Dual) Bronco - Basically a shotgun with access to the pistol modset, which makes them strong as hell.

Melee
Galatine - 100% best melee weapon right now due to a variety of factors. Huge broadsword.
Zoren - Good weapon but mainly used for 'zorencoptering', abusing slide attack attributes to get mad speed and air.
Orthos - One of the only other good melee weapons right now, again because of charge attacks.
Honestly don't buy melee until we see what 2.0 brings.

VVV Man it's been so long since I made him I forget where he drops. I'm just listin' poo poo really.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 18, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Changed.

If you really want to build a whole bunch of stuff the best thing to do would probably be to drop 80 plat on a resource drop-rate doubler and a resource amount doubler. I did it this weekend and the amount of stuff you'll get is nuts and probably so much that you'll run out of credits before you run out of mats. Plus you'll get 100,000 Nanospores or so and can start your Nanospore Collection. :v:

Pierson fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 18, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Not sure about the JK, but the Galatine? Absolutely.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Sandweed posted:

It would be cool if the Grineer and Corpus used some of the gun designs we have stolen from them themselves.
well Corpus use Dera/Flux Rifle and Grineer use Grakata. As for the rest maybe we shot everyone who had them. :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
500 plat buys a lot of slots.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Maaaaan I just finished levelling a Gorgon I don't really want to level it again so soon.

The new tileset rules but it seems to have the problem some tilesets do (hi Jupiter) of enemy spawns being weird/far-away/non-existent.

VVV I could see it being the rain somehow. I've had other games where rain seemed to need way more graphics muscle than other effects.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Mar 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Well for me it's more to do with I don't particularly like the Gorgon at all and mainly leveled the first one for mastery and to see if it got any more fun at thirty. I was really looking forward to having one but it wasn't the spinning death-machine minigun I was hoping for.