Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Thats where she should be, chilling way in the back corner, behind the stairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I don't have a huge issue with it, and it does fit the whole DnD "Some creatures are just eeeevil" thing. I just don't see exactly how sucking blood is inherently more evil than being a murder or pimp. Don't get me wrong, Bodhi's loving evil, and the destroy them both thing I think works best as a nice surprise rather than playing with metagame knowledge. And I don't get why Keldorn is totally cool with working for the Shadow Thieves, but quits if you side with Bodhi, especially since all her tasks are loving up the Shadow Thieves, who are a bunch of murderers and slavers.

Look at it this way. In the status quo, the Shadow Thieves are are a parasitic organization that feeds on everyone in Athkatla, and beyond, metaphorically. In a possible future, Bodhi and her vampires feed on everyone in Athkatla, and beyond, literally. One is a standard human civilization with the attendant corruption and one is a farming operation with humans as livestock.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

The first time I played BG I had to kite Sarevok around while the party pin cushioned him with arrows… for a really long time. In my mind Yakety Sax was playing in the background. On the playthrough I just finished with BGEE, I froze him with the wand of paralysation before he got a hit in and sent the lumberjacks to work. That wand works a little too well.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Same here. I find her less annoying than at least 50% of party-able npcs, and near 100% of female npcs. Plus nothing beats "…is that a pit fiend?" when you're almost out of spells in a room full of angry wizards :black101:

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

THS posted:

Does BG2 enhanced edition change the first dungeon at all? Do you still wake up with Jaheira, Imoen and Minsc regardless of your previous party choices?

No, yes. The only thing carried over from BG1 is your character sheet, basically. And pantaloons.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

MTV Crib Death posted:

I'm playing BG:EE, and it's my first time ever playing the game. I got to Beregost and suddenly Khalid had a conversation with Xzar and then killed him while I was chatting up an innkeeper with Imoen. Is this normal behavior? I can't find this interaction documented anywhere.

Good and evil characters generally don't get along very well, and some combinations really don't (yes, it's normal behaviour).

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

DeathChicken posted:

I remember Planescape was like that. Oh cool, I can open up the Abyss and literally drag people to hell! Oh darn, I'm in the last dungeon and it really doesn't matter here.

It did make the final confrontation feel suitably titanic for me, since I hadn't seen many of those spell effects before. Then I reloaded a save and just had a nice chat with my adversary.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

DoubleCakes posted:

Is there any good way of getting equipment in Torment? I'm up to Carceri and most of characters have many equipment slots empty.

They didn't really do the looting/gear upgrading thing with Torment. The tattoo parlour is probably the closest thing.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah… but like a lot of weird unnecessary things requiring their own special tables and dice, that was in since version 1. Gygax was all about that poo poo.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, monsters have Hit Dice instead of levels, and a Hit Die is an 8 sided die for monsters and classless NPCs.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

The missing captain from Nashkel has the best/worst one in BG1, as well.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

It's actually Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 3: Something about a lizardman, I think?

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

I don’t actually remember the dialogue about planes dying, but the game spends a lot of time talking about the blood war, a spreading conflict that is consuming entire planes (that TNO must eventually face), so a lot of people think it’s related to that.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Bit taller than I remember.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

It all made good sense in pnp, until you got magic armour, then the +’s are subtracted from your AC (or are you supposed to add them to the attacker’s THACO?), because pluses are always good, even when lower numbers are better.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Solo single-class thief

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

Problem right now is that Imoen (who has the highest Find Traps ability with a score of 75) can't seem to detect all the traps, and there are some that she can't disarm. I think she's close to leveling, but I don't know when that will be. I had Yeslick memorize and cast Find Traps to help, but even then some traps didn't seem to get highlighted, even though both of them were standing near it.

Potions of perception can help bridge the gap. +20 Find Traps for 6 hours.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

If you're having fun, why not? It may not be the most optimized character but you get a whole party to play with so you won't be missing anything. As for the party members, most of them are in BG2, but you'll have to recruit them again.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

It’s a lot easier to get a handle on a couple level 1 spells than all the spells and abilities available at the start of BG2, though.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Lower=better armour makes some sense if you get into the THACO mindset, but negative AC and magic armour having plus numbers really confuse things.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

This is also a good time to use some of those potions you’ve got cluttering up your inventory. Perception is +20% find/disarm for 6 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Vargatron posted:

Subtract the enemies AC from your THAC0 to get the number you must meet or exceed to hit. The lower the AC, the better the armor is. Negative AC increases your THAC0.

It’s a little easier to get your head around if you add the target’s AC to your to-hit roll. Then negative AC actually makes sense.